- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Tony's bored out of his mind
Tony was bored.

Bored.

Bored.

Bored and it was only 1215! He sat slumped at his desk - doodling on a sheet of paper - head resting on one upraised hand - and he heaved another heavy sigh before lowering his head to the desk and groaning. It hadn't occurred to him that with McGee on leave and Ziva downstairs with Abby - he was alone with the Boss.

"You in pain? DiNozzo?" Gibbs asked from across the bullpen.

"Me? No Boss - why'd you - ow!" he grimaced at the sharp pain in his neck as he pulled himself upright to flop forlornly back in his chair.

"Nothing to do?" Gibbs stared straight at him - eyes narrowed.

"Truth?"

"Truth is good." Gibbs agreed with a nod.

"No - I'm bang up to date - and the board's clean - nobody wants our services." Tony shrugged. "And yes - I've sorted out my desk drawers - I've removed those little red panties from that filing cabinet," he stabbed a finger at the one standing to the right of his desk. "I've replaced the toners in the fax and printer - and I've sent down a supplies order for tomorrow - and I even called an engineer to sort out your photocopier - he should be here tomorrow first light."

"And your report?"

"On the Director's desk - "

"Good," Gibbs bent his head again - hiding the smirk from the younger man

"Can I grab some lunch or something?" Tony pleaded as he lobbed another screwed up piece of paper into the trash can.

"Sure - I'm headed out for coffee anyway - " Gibbs stood up, collecting up his requisite paper cup and dropped it into the trash can as he passed. "Are you waiting for an invitation?"

"Oh - I thought you were - " Tony looked somewhat perplexed.

"Yes - I'm buying - come on!"

"Aw - thanks!" Tony beamed as he grabbed his jacket - hurrying towards the elevator before it closed.

Once inside - Gibbs gave Tony the once over and smiled gently. "As much as I'd like to - I won't jump you right this second - "

"Can't risk it," Tony agreed. "Jenny's showing some big shots over the place - somehow I don't think she'd appreciate seeing us - doing - what we do best."

"Damn shame too." Gibbs said, reaching up to stroke the back of Tony's head. "Attaboy."

"Don't Jethro - " Tony warned. "You know what that does to me." Gibbs knew all too well what that simple did to his young lover - and a glance down proved him right - Tony was tenting.

"I do - and what are you going to do about it?"

"Try not to walk funny?"

"Self control, DiNozzo - self control."

The doors slid open and soon the two men were heading out into the sunshine - down the steps and around the corner to DC Beans - Gibbs's favourite haunt.

Tony shoved his sunglasses up to the bridge of his nose and grinned manically. "Ever heard of a thing called time owing, Boss?"

"No," Gibbs replied. "What is it?"

"It's a system they have in some places," Tony explained. "It's like - I come into work an hour early - I make a record of it and over a said period of time - say - a month - you end up piling time up until you end up with maybe a day or two owed to you - some places let you work up a week's worth - "

"You're entitled to four weeks off already, why'd you want more time off?" Gibbs stopped and looked at him.

"Because I've only got one week left - and that's booked for Spring - " Gibbs's eyes narrowed. "The place I go with my group of guys who just happened to be in the same - house - house - that's it in - that place where you - graduate?"

"You can say Spring Break Tony, I won't kill you."

"No, but you said you'd fire anyone who mentioned it again," Tony looked slightly scared - frowning a little.

"Oh - yeah - I did, didn't I?"

"But you wouldn't would you - I mean - you can head slap me all afternoon as a penance."

"Oh - I know what I'd like to do to you all afternoon," Gibbs whispered in his ear. "But - I've got a meet with Jen and her pack of suits - what are you doing?"

"I'm pretending we never had this conversation," Tony stepped back a little. "Because I've a feeling you've got something planned to keep me occupied for the rest of the day."

"Yep - " Gibbs flashed him a smile.

"And?" Tony's stomach lurched.

"You've volunteered to help inventory the evidence locker."

"No, Boss. No! Not with those baggy bunnies - please?"

"See, this is exactly why I'm sending you down there - " Gibbs clapped a hand on his shoulder. "Once you get to know them - you'll have them eating out of your hand."

"Or eating it - they hate me!" Tony pleaded.

"I know." Gibbs set off down the street - Tony staring after him.

He eventually caught up with him as he arrived at the coffee shop. "Boss - don't do this to me."

"I'm doing it," Gibbs didn't look at him as he paid for the coffee and two chicken sandwiches.

"No - Boss - I'm begging you - "

"Beg away Tony." Gibbs stepped out of the shop and took a long swig of coffee. "Okay - here's the deal."

"I'm not going to like this am I?"

"I have no idea - but I'm going to go with my gut and say - you probably will." He guided Tony towards a bench set back on the street beneath a massive oak tree.

"Fine - what deal!" Tony pulled half a sandwich from its pack and bit into it.

"You do this for me - and I'll do this for you - tonight." And as Gibbs leant forward to whisper in his ear - the sidewalk was suddenly spattered with the contents of Tony's mouthful and he gaped at Gibbs.

"You'd do that?"

"Why not?"

"But - that's just - dirty." Tony shuddered.

"Yeah?"

"But - you don't like chocolate sauce - or strawberries for that matter - " Tony just stared at him.

"I don't normally," Gibbs kept his voice deliberately low. "But I'm sure - with you lying there - naked - on my bed while I drizzle sauce over you - and maybe taunt you with some ice cream in a few strategic places - I'll get to like it."

"You did say - evidence locker?" Tony was on his feet now, looking expectantly at his Boss.

"Yep - you start at 1300 sharp - and don't be late." Gibbs suddenly found he was talking to thin air and he smiled as he headed back towards HQ - "And that's how to get DiNozzo to do something he doesn't want to do - and why in hell did I say chocolate sauce?? I HATE chocolate sauce!"

END