- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
McGee is invited to his first Vampire ball!
"Will you be my date?"

McGee's heart missed a beat and he stopped dead in his tracks. "What?" he asked, mouth hanging open like a goldfish.

"You'd better be careful there Timmy or you'll be catching flies," she laughed seductively. McGee shut his mouth instantly and stared hard at her.

"Abby, what are you talking about?"

Abby smiled mischievously, "I've been invited to a vampire ball and I have no one to go with, so I'm asking you." Abby looked at McGee expectantly.

"Gee, thanks Abby. You really know how to make a guy feel special," McGee's face had fallen slightly from the shock and excitement he had felt just seconds earlier.

Abby looked crestfallen. "Oh no, Tim, that's not how I meant it at all! I wanted to ask you; you're the only one I would like to go with…" she said getting quieter; she even looked quite embarrassed, like she had said something she hadn't meant to.

A warm flush covered McGee's face, "Uh, well ok, I guess so. I mean I don't really know what it is…"

A look of pure astonishment and enthusiasm lit up her face and she began to talk very fast, the words tumbling out her mouth so fast McGee was having trouble keeping up.

"Only the most amazing thing you have ever seen! There's dancing and a band and a great hall and candles and a banquet and oh the most beautiful dresses you've ever seen! Mine is black, of course, with a boned corset and lots of lace and, oh Tim, you'd love it! And the people there, they are the most beautiful people I have ever seen! Draped in velvet and lace and ooh I'm getting all excited just thinking about it! Say you'll come, Tim; please say you will." It took McGee a second to realize Abby had finished before he snapped himself from visions of Abby in her dress.

"Okay, yeah, I‘ll come," he said, now knowing what he was getting himself into. All he thought about was his need to see her in that dress.

"Cool! It's a date!" Abby said enthusiastically, jumping into McGee's arms and wrapping herself around him. He hugged her back, nestling his head into her shoulder and taking a deep inhale of her scent. Gunpowder. God he loved that smell.

"We are going to have so much fun!" Abby said from McGee's shoulder, smiling from ear to ear, unable to contain her joy.

***