- Text Size +
---------------

The four in Tony's living room made for an odd tableau. Gibbs and Hecate sat close on the couch and she his hand in hers as she murmured encouragement to him. Hades found Abby standing beside him, very close, almost, but not quite touching. He felt fear in her for the first time and a sadness. She was staring at a random place on the floor.

Hades went to place a hand on the small of her back but hesitated, then seeing her close her eyes and drop her chin, he did. She didn't open her eyes but she did draw a deep breath and he could sense that she was trying to center herself. "Do not worry for your friend, he will be fine" he said softly, his deep voice soothing.

She opened her eyes and looked at him, "And what about Hirudo? He's so...sad."

He smiled, her empathy and compassion seemed endless. "All will be made right for him as well."

"You really are Hades." she stated, as if letting it solidify in her own mind along with all it meant.

The big flirty imp that had been teasing her earlier returned, "The one and only, beloved."

She grinned at the playful look on his face, "That's the second time you've called me that."

He reached up and fiddled with the end of her braided pigtail, "Does that bother you, Abigail?"

"No, I'm just wondering what will happen when you say it the third time." She had a little knowing look on her face. Hades was not surprised that she knew the significance of the third time, she was an extraordinary woman. And binding himself to her would bring them both great pleasure.

His eyes were twinkling with a myriad of lust and humor as he leaned in close to her to say in a husky voice, "Then, Abigail, I will kiss you. And you'll be mine forever."

---------------

The thing was nervous, Tony could feel it. They sat on the edge of the bed near Peter and Hirudo struggled to find the words to convince the young man to shed his earthly coil and join him in the Elysian Fields. The fear of being alone again was coursing through Hirudo and Tony found himself pitying the creature. No one should ever be that lonely.

"Just tell him the truth." Tony offered in his head.

"You would help me? After what I have done to you?" Hirudo asked incredulously.

Tony shivered in his mind, "I saw that place, it was hell. No one deserves that. And the sooner you convince him, the sooner I get my body back, right?"

"Yes."

"Then tell him the truth."


He had been staring at the wall and felt Peter's tentative hand on his back, he sighed and leaned into the touch, craving it. Shifting to face Peter he started, "My name is Hirudo..."

---------------

The four in the living room could hear the muted sounds of Tony's voice as they waited. Gibbs asked to no one specific, "Do you think Peter will agree to go with him?"

It was Hecate that answered, "Yes, I believe so. Peter is dying."

All eyes in the room turned to her at the drop of that particular bombshell and Hades quirked an eyebrow, "I hate it when you keep things from me, Cousin. Elaborate."

"He has a cancer, deep in his brain. He will most likely be dead within months, and he knows it."

Abby's eyes opened wide in realization, "That's why he said 'At least for now'. Is there any way Hirudo would know?"

Hecate thought hard for a moment, "Not at first glance or first touch, but he would have discovered it when he drank from him."

Gibbs scrubbed his face with his hands and stood up to start pacing, waiting was not a favorite hobby of his.

---------------

Peter digested all that Hirudo told him. Believing him because how could he not?

He somehow felt the hand of fate in all this. He had never been to that nightclub before and he had never gone home with someone he had just met before. But the spectre of death looming over his shoulder had given him the freedom to do things he would never had done otherwise. The idea that someone would still find him attractive when all he could see when he looked in the mirror was an ugly black mass with tentacles digging deeper into his brain had turned him on. And the body that Hirudo was in, this Tony, was beautiful. His eyes, his smile, the way they fit together, was everything that Peter wanted.

And now Hirudo was offering him the chance to be together forever, in a place where they wouldn't grow old, wouldn't die. Well, they would already be dead, but could spend an eternity loving each other.

He didn't know how to answer Hirudo, couldn't find eloquent words so instead he pulled the other man to him and as he kissed him deeply said, "Take me with you."

---------------

tbc....