- Text Size +
---------------

Many hours later Tony awoke in a near panic in a strange bed. It only took him a moment to disperse that panic when he realized that the familiar scents of wood and coffee were surrounding him, and that the warm body next to him was Gibbs. Gibbs. He was safe, and somewhere that he had yearned to be since he met Gibbs in Baltimore.

They had come back to Gibbs' house, Tony was extremely disturbed by the events that had occurred in his bedroom and didn't want to stay in his apartment. He had grabbed some clothes and they made their way back to Gibbs' house.

They had both been quiet on the trip, although Gibbs' mood seemed unusually light. It had been a very long and stressful night for both of them and both men were sporting growling stomachs. Gibbs in his ever efficient way made a beeline for the kitchen to make a couple of sandwiches to appease their stomachs. And Tony feeling a little lost, simply followed him into the kitchen and leaned up against the counter as Gibbs pulled out sandwich fixings.

Tony was quiet, he was still not privy to all of Gibbs personal revelations of the evening, and he was trying to figure out how to talk to Gibbs about what had happened, and what direction the future was going to take. He was also trying to memorize what the feeling of having Gibbs' arms around him felt like, knowing that it was likely never to happen again and he wanted to lock away the memory in his heart.

Gibbs soft voice broke Tony out of his pondering, “You're not planning your great escape are you?”

Tony swallowed gently and looked sideways at Gibbs who was putting together the sandwiches, Gibbs knew him too well. And he knew that he couldn't lie to Gibbs, not now, so he answered honestly, “I don't know. It might be better for everybody if I leave.”

“Why?”

Tony sighed and rubbed his face with his hands, “Because everything has changed and I can't turn the clock back to two days ago and go back to the way things were. You weren't ever supposed to find out. And now, I just don't know what to do.”

Gibbs stopped what he was doing and stepped in front of Tony. He gently took Tony's face in his hands and looking him in the eye said, “I found out a lot of things in the last few hours, Tony. And Hades showed me what it all meant. You and I have done this lifetime after lifetime. He called us soulmates but I think it's more than that. Whatever it is, I know that if you leave, I will find you. I don't have the words to tell you, and I thought that when I did this earlier...” he kissed Tony lightly, “that you would have gotten the message. But I guess I need to be a little clearer.” And with that he claimed Tony's mouth in fierce kiss and pressed the length of his body against Tony. All of the raw passion and desire that Gibbs had felt as he had watched Tony and Peter poured out of him now and he just let him self ride the wave. He couldn't get close enough to Tony and was thankful that there was a counter behind Tony to support them.

Tony's mind was mush, he couldn't think. All he could do was feel under Gibbs' passionate assault. He clung to the back of Gibbs' shirt, needing something real to hold on to, and he groaned into Gibbs' mouth as he felt Gibbs' very prominent arousal pressing into him. The idea that Gibbs wanted him as badly as Tony wanted Gibbs woke Tony's own ardor and the friction between their blue jean covered cocks was maddening.

When Gibbs finally paused in his oral exploration, both men were panting and flushed. Gibbs hands found their way back to Tony's face and he said very matter-of-factly, “I want you, Tony. That clear enough for you?”

“Crystal.” And for the first time that night a genuine smile broke across Tony's face.

A similar smile made it's way across Gibbs' face and he chuckled, “Good.” Then with a little frown of disappointment from Tony, Gibbs stepped back over the forgotten sandwiches and handed Tony one before quickly throwing all the stuff back into the refrigerator, “Now, eat.”

That had been hours ago, and was followed by joint shower that was far more sensual than functional. There were very few words spoken as they explored, touched, and tasted each other to mind blowing completion. And after rinsing and toweling off, they fell into bed and started it all over again, albeit much slower, drawing it out.

As the morning sun broke through the window Gibbs paused and reached into the nightstand and fished out a condom and a tube that he had only ever used solo. When he handed them to Tony he hoped that he didn't need to verbalize what he wanted to Tony, because he couldn't. Tony looked at the items in his hand and then to Gibbs with an eyebrow raised in question. All Gibbs could do was nod.

Tony looked over at the man sleeping next to him. The man that he had been inside of, that he had filled and stretched and made moan and beg. And though the physical had been beyond anything he had ever experienced, including the time with Hirudo and Peter, it was as if something deep inside them had connected. Something that had been missing in each of them, forever.

They had fit together perfectly, halves of the same whole. They were a soul that had been divided in darkness that was reunited in the light.

---------------
the end.