- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Gibbs and Ziva meet eyes and more is said in that look that can ever be said by mouth
Gibbs walked into the bullpen to find Tony, McGee and Ziva already there. He walked past them to his desk, his fingers reaching out slightly as he passed her desk. He clenched his fist as he rounded his desk and sat down. He looked around the room to find everybody concentrating hard on the work in front of them. In recognition of recent dead ends with the investigation, Jenny was becoming almost unbearable from the pressure upon her for results. She was pushing everybody to keep re-examining all the evidence over and over until they got a lead. So far, they had drawn a blank, but everybody kept trying. They all wanted to get this guy, or woman, he reminded himself.

He looked over towards Ziva and watched as her hair fell across her face. She hastily swept it away as she concentrated on the pieces of paper in front of her. Gibbs smiled as he watched her talk to herself, her lips moving rapidly as she worked. He would dearly love to know what she was saying to herself; she did this every time she was deep in thought. He resisted the urge to say something to her and just watched her. The floor became empty and the only two in the room were Ziva and him. Images flashed in front of his eyes from the dream earlier. The loose curls bouncing off her shoulders; the dark inviting eyes; the flirtatious smile; his shirt on her body; her long slender legs; her climbing over the desk; her curvaceous figure as he had looked down at the shirt that fell so perfectly off her body; her body against his; her lips brushing his; the firmness of her stomach, and the kiss, deep, hot, intense…

Ziva looked up at Gibbs and their eyes connected, unspoken words flowing between them. Ziva's face coloured a little at the cheeks and she quickly hid it by looking down and hiding behind the veil of dark hair that fell across her face. Gibbs awoke from his memories, and took time to realize the moment that had just happened. His eyes widened as it hit him that Ziva had probably seen the way he was looking at her as he remembered her from the dream. He quickly copied Ziva by looking down at the papers in front of him, thoughts buzzing around in his head. This wasn't happening; she was a colleague, and a junior one at that. He was her boss! Heck, it was wrong on so many levels; and there was rule 12 to remember. How could he disobey one of his own rules?

It took him time to realize that the phone was ringing in front of him. As he picked it up, everyone in the room was looking at him, except Ziva who still had her face hidden.

He spoke into the receiver, "Gibbs…Where…We're on it." He slammed down the phone and threw a set of keys in Tony's direction. "DiNozzo gas the truck." He reached into the drawer pulling out his badge and holstering his gun. He rushed from the bullpen following an already moving Tony and McGee. Ziva, usually quickest to respond, was dawdling somewhat behind her desk. Gibbs thought it was best to ignore this and stepped quickly into the elevator. As the doors started to shut, Ziva slipped through the closing gap and turned her back to him, facing the huge metal doors. Gibbs sighed a little too heavily; he would have given anything to see the expression on her face.

***