- Text Size +
Disclaimer: I don't own these characters, nor am I making any money from them. I merely borrow them from time to time.

"Raul Gonzaga!"
"Hey! It's me!"
"Tony! You're already in Washington?"
"Yes! I'm at the hotel now."
"Then you should lay down and sleep for a while. You sound tired."
"I am!", I answered and yawned. "I only wanted to tell you that I arrived and listen to your voice for a few minutes."
At that moment I could almost imagine figurative how Raul smiled now.
"Go to sleep!"
"Yes daddy!", I grinned and heard how he laughed.
"Nutter!"
"I love you!", I whispered.
"I love you, too!"
Shortly after that we finished our call. Yeah, I was happy. Raul was the best thing that could have happened to me! He was completely different to Gibbs. And I was glad about it. Raul had no difficulties in letting on closeness or showing his feelings. But the most important thing to me was that he loved me without asking or requiring something from me...
After the long flight and the last sleepless nights I really felt tired now. Because of that I lay down and fell asleep immediately. Only when the telephone in the room started ringing I woke up again. Without really opening my eyes I groped for the phone and found it.
"Yeah?"
"Good morning Mister DiNozzo! It is seven o'clock now and this is your wake-up call like you requested."
"Oh yeah! Right! Thanks!"
"You're welcome! Have a nice day!"
Ere I was able to answer something the woman had already hung up. After that I let my head fall back again. Whether this day would be that nice? I didn't know. I had to face the demons I kept hidden in my head for far too long now. And thereby I was clear about the fact that the reunion with Gibbs wouldn't be a pleasent one. But I wondered how the others shaped up. Over the years we had been in regular contact through e-mail. From Ziva I got to know that she was engaged now, to a rich businessman. Tim and Abby were a couple too, at least it looked that way after I read his e-mails. And Ducky still worked for NCIS as a medical examiner. Meanwhile Palmer had quit but Gerald had returned. After a few more minutes I sighed and got up. Shortly after that I had showered and got dressed. Then I went to the dining room to have breakfast. But I was too nervous to really eat something. Because of that I decided to get ready to drive to NCIS head quarters. After all I wasn't on holiday in Washington, I had to crack a case. And this before anybody else got hurt. Slowly I walked back to my room. There I donned my holster and pouched my gun into it. After that I got my ID, my badge, my mobile phone and the documents of the case and everything else that I would need and put it into my bag. Shortly after that I went to my rental car and drove off. As usual the traffic in Washington was utter horror. Most of the time I had to drive at walking speed. When I finally saw the head quarter I was on the road for over an hour and that for a way which took usually only fifteen minutes. And finally I found a parking space too and entered the building. And the thing I recognized there first really surprised me.
"Joe?", I asked dumbfounded and looked at the coloured watchman.
"Tony?", he asked back with a grin. "It is really you?"
Only a few seconds later he pulled me into a fierce embrace.
"What business brings you to Washington? Or do you come back to us?"
"No way man! I really feel good in Spain. And it is very beautiful there. I'm here job-related.", I told him and showed him my ID.
"This I wanted to do for a long time!", Joe smirked thereon and went behind the counter.
When he came back I saw what he hold in his hand. A visitor ID! He grinned from ear to ear while he fixed it on my jacket.
"So I wish you a nice stay!", he laughed and let me pass...