- Text Size +
---------------

Gibbs was sitting at his desk sipping a coffee and toasted the monitor with it when he saw Abby kiss Tony on the security camera feed. Apparently that ended any doubt as to how she felt about Tony being her secret admirer.

---------------

Tony’s brain was about to short circuit. None of his fantasies even came close to this. And the most intense thing about it was that she was looking him right in the eye as she kissed him. No hesitation on her part, no nervousness, just a glint of playfulness in her eyes, and determination.

When she broke the kiss she only moved an inch away from his mouth to say, “Thank you for my presents, Mr. Secret Admirer.”

He gulped, he was just so not prepared for her to be taking the lead in all this. He had had it all planned out, a couple more gifts then a mystery dinner invitation where he would show up and get to see the surprise on her face. But those plans had effectively gone out the window now. He tried to recover, “My genie comment gave it away, huh?”

She smiled, “Oh, yeah.”

That smile gave him a little confidence and he teased back, “Well you realize that this totally messes up the rest of my master plan?

Abby quirked an eyebrow up in amusement, “Master plan?”

His hands had somehow come to rest on her waist, hers had moved from his face to the back of his neck, which she was unconsciously stroking with her thumbs. Between that, her perfume, and her general proximity he was starting to have problems concentrating.

“Yeah well, I sorta had things all planned out.”

“What sorta things?”

“Well if I tell you now then they won’t be a surprise.” He teased.

“Good point. I like surprises.”

His expression grew tender and he asked, “So you’re okay with this, Abs?”

She practically beamed at him, “More than okay, Tony. I was hoping it was you.”

This time he took the initiative and gently pressed his lips to hers. And when they broke this time he took a little step back. He reached up and stroked her cheek and grinned. They both knew they could jump right into things, they had known each other a long time, but it wasn’t what either of them wanted. They liked the game, and the romance. So without saying anything else she got in the car and he closed her door. She started the car but paused before pulling out to place her fingers on the window, he covered her hand with his for a moment, their eyes saying it all.

---------------

Neither of them unfortunately had seen Tim standing at the edge of the parking area, on his way to this car. But he saw them, and it was almost like a physical blow to see them together. What hurt most though was what he saw in Abby’s eyes. She had never looked at him that way, would never look at him that way.

Not wanting to be discovered, he turned and headed back towards the building, figuring he could hide until they left.

---------------

Gibbs attention on the security feed was drawn to someone approaching where Tony and Abby were standing. He grimaced when he saw that it was McGee. He saw the hurt on the young man’s face and how the weight of rejection slumped his shoulders as turned and walked back towards the building.

Gibbs sighed and said softly to the monitor, “Sorry, Elflord.”

---------------

Tbc... feedback always appreciated!!