- Text Size +
The elevator doors opened to reveal a very furious DiNozzo who by now stormed to the bullpen towards his desk with heavy and long steps. Though before even facing a grinning Kate he was faced by an angry Gibbs.
“You’re late.” Was all Gibbs stated while giving him the look that clearly said ‘I’m so ready to fire your ass’.

“I know… I’m sorry… I…” he couldn’t think straight since all he wanted now is to kick Kate’s ass! So all he could do was look at Kate’s direction who was clearly pretending to do her paperwork while trying to hide the giggle that was so ready to slip out her mouth.

Gibbs shifted his gaze to Kate and caught her eye and said, “Did you have anything to do with him being late?”

“Me? No nothing!” she stated shaking her head innocently.

‘Yes! Everything!’ Tony wanted to scream, but knew better than to say it out loud.

Gibbs didn’t have the mood for this so he said “You two go back to work and if you come late to work tomorrow DiNozzo I guarantee you that you will be looking for a new job!”

“Yes Sir!” Said Tony but when he saw Gibbs ‘don’t call me sir look’ he said, “I mean yes boss!”

Gibbs moved away from the working area going upstairs, apparently he had to meet the director in MTAC or something. Though as soon as Gibbs was out of earshot Tony faced Kate and said, “That was so mean!! Why did you do that?!”

“Umm let’s see payback.”

“Payback? PAYBACK? For what?!”

“For breaking my vase this morning, duh!! It was a gift from my mother!”

“Oh.”

“Oh? Oh is all you can say?” Kate is totally angry.

“What do you want me to say?”

“You could at least apologize you airhead!”

“Ha! I was going to! But now after you made me come to work with a bus! You can forget the thought of me saying sorry!” Said Tony crossing his arms and sticking out his tongue.

The day went by slow, full of paperwork and having Tony complain every single second.

Later that day…
“I’m hungry!” Stated Tony when his stomach growled which made Kate look up.

“So am I.”

“Great! We can go for lunch!”

“It’s too early for lunch.”

“Then we can have a snack!”

“Let’s wait a couple of hours.”

“I can’t wait a couple of hours! I want to eat now! Did I mention I’m hungry?”

“Yes, you did mention that, and did you forget I am hungry too but I can wait, why can’t you?”

“Coz I’m me!”

“Stop complaining will you!”

“Fine!”

“Fine!” she said and got back to her paperwork.

“Thanks to you’re cooking I’m hungry.” muttered Tony underneath his breath and went back to typing furiously on his keyboard.

“What. Did. You. Just. Say?” Kate almost growled the words dangerously making Tony swallow hard.

“Umm… Nothing!” he said laughing nervously. ‘Never joke about a women’s cooking.’ He told himself. ‘It could turn out ugly.’

“....”

Later Gibbs allowed them to take a break. And so she was stuck with DiNozzo for a snack.

“DiNozzo! Stop eating my fries!” Yelled Kate at Tony.

“How do you know I’m eating you’re fries when you’re looking away checking out that guy who’s sitting to you’re right two tables away?”

“I am not checking him out! He just looks like someone familiar!” she defended herself although it wasn’t a complete lie, that guy looked somewhat familiar.

“Ahaa! I can’t believe you count the fries that you eat!”

“I don’t need to count my fries since none is left! And not to mention I only had a couple to eat!”

“Oh.” ‘Busted! Damn!’