- Text Size +
“Tony!” Gibbs shouted as he kicked the front door closed behind him, dumping his gear at his feet. “You done yet?”

“Almost Boss.” Tony called back. “And what in hell kept you so freakin’ long " you’ve been gone nearly two hours?”

Gibbs walked to the kitchen and poured himself a large mug of coffee, staying deliberately silent. He settled himself on a stool and watched the door with a smirk.

“Boss?” Tony called again. “What were you doing?”

At that moment, Gibbs’ cell rang and a glance at caller id told him it was Ziva. “What you got?” he asked quietly. He listened, eyes narrowing and the frown deepening. “That’s it? That’s all? Damn!” He snapped the phone shut and stuffed it back into his pants. *If Ziva can’t find anything except a fucking parking ticket " what hope have I got?* he asked himself. *Fuck!*

“Who was that?” Tony sauntered into the room, hands busy spiking his hair.

“What is this? Twenty fucking questions?” Gibbs snapped.

“Huh?”

“Sorry,” Gibbs held up a hand and shook his head. “You’re still in your boxers?”

“They don’t call you Special Agent for nothing, do they?” Tony grinned. “You talk to Jen?”

“I did.”

“And?”

“And " not a lot. She took some convincing but she’s given us forty eight hours.”

“Like I said,” Tony turned to leave. “We’re there and back in twelve.”

“And I also talked with Ziva.” Gibbs admitted as Tony turned back and gaped at him.

“I asked you not to, “ he said cautiously. “So why did you?”

“I figured if we couldn’t find anything new " her contacts might be able to.” He drank more coffee, cupping the mug in his hands. “And she drew up zilch.”

Tony sighed, rolling his eyes and spreading his hands. “And you know what that means "why’d you do these things Boss? Huh? You know what she’s like, she’ll be expecting you to call in every hour on the hour! I don’t *need* anyone else involved " I told you that!”

“Hey!” Gibbs snapped. “We’re heading into uncharted territory and I’d want no one but Ziva watching our six.”

Gibbs ignored him and stepped out into the hallway and hunkered down in front of his bag " unzipped it and reached inside. He tugged out a large brown envelope and handed it to Tony along with some official looking papers.

“And this is?”

“All we have on your old man " “

“Been there, done that, read the file and bought the freakin’ t-shirt, Gibbs.” Tony dropped the file on the counter. “I know this crap backwards.”

“I appreciate that, DiNozzo " but it wouldn’t hurt to refresh your memory would it? Call it a little light reading for the plane.” He rested a hand on Tony’s shoulder. “Now get your ass in gear " we’re leaving in twenty.”

“What are these?” Tony held up the papers.

“Weapons licences.”

“Ah, yeah " course.” Tony nodded. In fact, he’d felt a little foolish that he’d had to be reminded but post 9/11 even Federal Agents had to have the correct paperwork " all the t’s crossed, i’s dotted. He selected his own and carried it with him back to the bedroom as Gibbs made light work of tidying up the kitchen.

*****

A whole half hour later, Gibbs was standing at the now open front door and glowering. “DiNozzo!”

“Yeah! Alright already!”

The older man considered himself a seasoned agent " he’d seen it all, done most of it and thought of himself as unshockable but today " today was the one and only day his jaw actually hit the floor and he gaped. *Oh my fucking Christ!* he murmured as Tony stepped into the hallway. Goose pimples broke out all over and he felt a surge of what he could only describe as pure unadulterated lust slam through him to settle at his loins, and he knew instantly he didn’t need to look down to see he was tenting. His grip on his coffee cup tightened as his eyes drank in the vision before him and he found himself biting down hard on the urge to whimper.

“Boss?” Tony asked, removing his shades, a smile tugging at the corner of his mouth. *Yep " just the reaction you were aiming for, DiNozzo.* “You all right?”

Gibbs was dumbstruck. Never before had he seen his lover looking so freakin’ hot and now he understood why the man had taken a little longer than usual getting ready.

Tony was wearing black, butter soft leather pants, a black skinny rib turtleneck that looked like it had been sprayed on to show off that hard physique beneath, topped with a long black leather duster and on his feet a pair of square toed black boots.
“Boss?” Tony asked again, replacing the shades.

“Uh-huh?” Gibbs mumbled, still unable to look away from the younger man.

“Ah,” Tony lifted a finger. “You’re wondering why this gear?” He continued without waiting for Gibbs to show some sign he was listening. “My father is old school " he’s a stickler for the old suit and tie routine " and " for a change " I’m going with what I feel comfortable in. Saying that,” he stepped closer " still amused at the look of awe on Gibbs’ face. “You’re not wearing this jacket, Jethro " are you?” He fingered the light coloured fabric and grimaced.

“What’s " “ Gibbs whimpered and then coughed to clear his throat. “What’s wrong with my jacket?”

“Nothing a bonfire won’t cure,” Tony grinned. “Stay right there!” And he was gone into the bedroom again.

*Oh fuck!* Gibbs wondered. *How in hell am I supposed to remain a normal, rational guy when he’s looking like that? I knew he liked leather " but fuck me " if we didn’t have a bastard plane to catch - *

“Here ya go!” Tony re-emerged and tossed a black leather jacket to him and waited until Gibbs shrugged out of his old jacket and pulled on the new one. “Much better.”

“Tony?” Gibbs swallowed.

“I thought so.” Tony shrugged. “Shades. Too much d’ya think?”

“No,” Gibbs shook his head. “Shades are fine " it’s the rest of you " “

“Specifically chosen to fuck my old man off, Jethro.” Tony explained as he tugged the duster straight. “Like you " he has rules " only thing is " his rules are shit and I’m about to attempt to break every single one of them.”

“And leaving me with a raging hard on is one of them?” Gibbs asked incredulously.

“That was a risk I was prepared to take,” Tony nodded. “He’s a suit and tie man " morning, noon and fuckin’ night, all that dressing for dinner crap.”

“And that’s a bad thing, right?”

“It is now,” Tony’s hands were at his hair " as he preened in the hall mirror. “He’s got some stupid rules, Jethro.”

“Can we " kind of " get a move on here?” Gibbs bent to collect up his bag and then dropped it again. “I need the head.”

Five minutes later, Gibbs reappeared " looking slightly flushed and somewhat breathless, but he seemed to be more in tune with reality once again. “Had to " you know " “ he explained hurriedly as he passed Tony to the front door.

Tony watched him go " and grinned. “You bastard, Anthony. You *knew* that would happen " which means it’s going to be a lot more fun when we get back " he doesn’t know the half of what’s in my wardrobe - and when my new toy box comes out to play for the first time " oh yeah!”

*****

“Mr DiNozzo? Mr Gibbs?” The check in clerk peered at them both over her spectacles and smiled, her eyes lingering over Tony as the young man removed his shades and flashed a megawatt smile.

“Yes.” Gibbs replied tersely, resisting the urge to elbow Tony in the ribs.

“Which is which?” she chirruped, her eyes still on Tony.

“I’m Gibbs, he’s DiNozzo.” Gibbs removed his badge from his jacket pocket. “We’re kind of in a hurry.”

“Don’t mind him,” Tony winked at her. “He hates planes. Necessary evil in our job.”

She took Gibbs’ id and then Tony’s and examined them both briefly. “Agents Gibbs and DiNozzo " NCIS,” she paused and then flashed them a smile again. “Is that like CSI?”

“Nothing like,” Gibbs replied. “Boarding passes?” He held out his hand and nearly snatched them from her. “Gate?”

“Gate ten, Mr Gibbs. Your flight will be boarding in a little over an hour. Enjoy LA.”

Gibbs walked away, reaching for his cell as it began ringing. He tugged it free and lifted it to his ear, listening intently. Tony stepped close, stowing his shades in a coat pocket as he waited patiently for the call to finish.

“Who was that?” he asked.

“Ziva.” Gibbs glanced at him, lifting a hand and indicating for Tony to follow him. In a quiet corner, Gibbs pulled in a breath and shook his head. “Remember a couple of years ago " not a Navy case but it was all over the press at the time " two guys found dismembered and causing a stink at the train station in New York?”

“Kind of,” Tony nodded but sounding uncertain. “In a suitcase " in lost property " been there over three months?”

“Yeah.”

“What about it?”

“Ziva’s made a connection " once we get to the hotel " she’ll fax over what she’s got.”

“My father’s involved?”

“Apparently there’s a tenuous link, Tony " other than that " I don’t know anymore right now.”

“But it’s another item to add to the ever growing list of reasons why I hate him, Jethro. Coffee?”

The pair went through security with no problems at all and Gibbs made a beeline for DC Beans on the concourse, leaving Tony to collect the latest edition of GSM from the store opposite. It was only as he placed both cups on a small table and sat down, he found himself watching Tony " and watching other people watching Tony and it intrigued him. The majority of casual admirers glancing Tony’s way were women but occasionally, men chanced a glance too and that alone made Gibbs smile. *You are one lucky fuck, Jethro* he thought to himself. *To everyone else, he’s look and don’t touch " and yet he is mine. I’m the one he wakes up with, I’m the one he goes to bed with, I’m the one who " damn he looks just too good! Note to self " must check the address of that new kink store Abs told me about " gotta be more to leather than just pants and coats " gotta be!*

“Hey!” Tony clipped Gibbs upside the head with his magazine. “Where’d you go?”

“Fantasy Island?” Gibbs snickered.

“Figured as much,” Tony took the proffered coffee and sucked the froth from the top. “I’d say I definitely hit your switch with this,” he indicated his clothing with a sweep of his hand.

“Hit, double hit and shorted,” Gibbs smiled. “And looking to short circuit again very soon " did you dress like that deliberately?”

“You mean for you or for Pops?”

“Let’s end this conversation, DiNozzo.”

“Aw, come on " I wanted to see you squirm.” Tony teased.

If Gibbs was going to reply, he didn’t have a chance. A smartly dressed young lady with long dark hair and dressed in a navy business suit approached their table and inclined her head.

“Good afternoon, gentlemen,” she said. “My name is Isobel Santini " and I have some good news for you both.”

“You do?” Tony beamed, his eyes smiling up at her.

“Your father has asked that I escort you myself to your plane " “

Gibbs looked at Tony and Tony frowned. “Did he?” Gibbs asked. “That’s okay, Ms Santini " we’re quite capable of finding our own plane " thanks anyway.”

“But he was most insistent.”

“I’m sure he was,” Tony interjected. “But like the man said " we’re fine " so why don’t you just buzz off back to the old coot and leave us to make our own way.”

“He had the Gulf Stream flown in specially, gentlemen. He wants only the best for his guests.” Isobel scowled at the apparent disinterest as Gibbs turned away and watched the crowds and Tony flipped open the centre pages of GSM and began growling in appreciation. “He will be most upset at your refusal.”

“My heart bleeds,” Tony answered flippantly, not looking up. “Bye.”

“She still here, Tony?”

“Yep.”

“I think we may as well head to the gate then,” Gibbs got to his feet, completely ignoring the woman sitting with them.

“Sounds good to me,” Tony nodded.

“Anthony!” Isobel hissed, catching his wrist as he passed her. She got to her feet and glared up at him. “Even I do not disobey a direct order " you have to come with me " both of you!”

“We’d love to, honey.” Tony shook his wrist free. “But we’re kind of partial to living " and we’d like to get to LA and see what the shit wants in one piece. Now " rearrange the following " off fuck.”

“But " “

She found she was talking to thin air as the men disappeared into the crowds. She sat down at the recently vacated table and pressed a finger to her ear. “You heard all that?”

A deep male voice answered her. “Indeed we did, and I suppose it was to be expected they would be overly cautious.”

“Now what?” Isobel hissed.

“They are overly cautious " so it is up to us to be overly *persuasive*. Be at the rendezvous as planned, Isobel and be ready.”

TBC….