- Text Size +
Title: Family Ties 5/?
Author: mrsdinozzo
Pairing: DiNozzo/Gibbs
Rating: FRAO
Warning: Slash m/m
Archive? To WWOMB â€" yes, others please ask
Spoilers: Nil
Disclaimer: Don’t own them, am borrowing them for an unlimited period with no intention of handing them back anytime soon. I am not making any money etc etc etc….
Spoilers: None.




Tony hadn’t been gone long â€" and Gibbs could see the young man was troubled as he made his way back across the concourse towards the gate tunnel. “Something bothering you?” he asked as Tony lifted an eyebrow and blew out his cheeks before nodding.

“You could say that,” Tony whispered, pushing his cell into the pocket of his coat. “Can’t talk here though.”

“Who was on your cell?” Gibbs’ tried to gauge the expression on his lover’s face â€" sensing it wasn’t just a normal call, if anything Tony looked distinctly uneasy.

“Confirmation we’re not exactly alone here?” Tony jerked his chin towards a secluded alcove with a table and chairs.

“That woman â€" what was her name?” Gibbs took a long drink of coffee and tossed the empty cup into a trash bin as he passed by.

“No, not her.” Tony lifted a finger to his lips. “Someone else.”

“Someone who else?” Gibbs pressed, suddenly feeling somewhat apprehensive himself as he sat down and Tony moved his own chair closer until they were nearly nose to nose across the table. “And we could not look more suspicious if we tried, Tony.” Gibbs sat back deliberately, easing his own seat back with his feet. “Who was on your damn phone?”

Tony lifted his wrist and checked his watch. “Another two minutes and you’ll find out.”

“You’re not making sense,” Gibbs wanted nothing more than to head slap him but he resisted and sat back â€" deliberately settling himself in what he hoped was a relaxed posture but his eyes were watching for anyone â€" anything out of the ordinary. “Two minutes to what?”

“We’re being watched,” Tony said softly.

“I gathered that,” Gibbs nodded indifferently. “By who?”

Tony shrugged, both hands into his pockets. “Who else?” he pouted. “Man, I wish to hell I’d never listened to you when you persuaded me to do this.”

“Me?” Gibbs snickered in disbelief. “You’re blaming me?”

“I wanted out, I wanted to forget the whole thing,” Tony snarled, his eyes watching the crowds. “I wanted to tear up the fucking tickets, I wanted to head to work on Monday with a clear head, a rested body but no.” He glared at his lover. “No, because Leroy Jethro Gibbs decides he’d like to spend the weekend slapping the hell out of my old man because it would make him feel better.”

“Tony â€" “

“I haven’t finished!” Tony snapped, his jaw set as he leaned forward and linked his fingers on the table top â€" his eyes alive with anger. “And because Leroy Jethro Gibbs decided he knew what was best â€" do you know what he’s done? Huh? Have you *any idea* what you’ve accomplished in the last five minutes?”

“Enough, DiNozzo.” Gibbs answered evenly. “Who was on the phone?”

“We have a mile long walk way between us and the gate,” Tony sat back, still tense. “And there are at least twenty four gates at the other end â€" and between the gates and us â€" a mile long glass gallery facing airside.”

“And?” Gibbs tried to sound nonchalant but his gut was starting to grind.

“And?” Tony rolled his eyes, pursing his lips as he considered how best to deliver the next sentence. “And,” he paused. “And, Gibbs â€" at any given time there are approximately three to four hundred people on that walkway â€" and there is a certain â€" shall we say â€" element airside who will be watching our every move. We even think about heading for the gate â€" and they start taking out innocent bystanders.”

“He’s threatening to start a turkey shoot?” Gibbs didn’t move, aware of a young couple with a small child standing a little too close and anxious they did not overhear this. “Sounds like a freakin’ amateur approach,” he raised his hands and shrugged. “All he had to do was say please.”

Tony gaped at the older man. “What?”

“Joke, DiNozzo.” Gibbs smiled an apology. “Joke.”

“Timing’s way out,” Tony glowered. “Way out.”

“If they’re watching airside, no doubt that Imogen creature has back up landside.”

“Isobel,” Tony corrected absently, settling himself back in his chair and scanning the passing passengers briefly.

“Huh?”

“Her name was Isobel.”

“Whatever,” Gibbs frowned, staring at a spot over Tony’s left shoulder. “And here comes the cavalry.”

“The what?” Tony asked, twisting round to see three men â€" all well dressed in suits and ties watching them. The larger of the three was smiling and winked. “They might not be wanting us, Gibbs.”

“Oh, I think they might be,” Gibbs jutted his chin towards them and Tony saw Isobel join them, a look of aloofness gracing her features. “And Tony â€" we go quietly â€" no heroics.” It was with some relief that Gibbs then noticed the family that had been nearby had moved away â€" the child having a tantrum until the mother picked him up and cuddled him.

“Three goons and a chick â€" and you cave in?” Tony snorted. “You’re caving in?”

“I am not caving, DiNozzo.” Gibbs rose to his feet slowly, raising a hand to the three men. “Follow my lead â€" and don’t do or say anything stupid.”

“Me? Stupid?” Tony shook his head.

“According to your father, Anthony, stupid is your middle name.” Tony was on his feet instantly, staring into the face of the large man. “I’m Stefan. Your host for your trip â€" this is Wayne.” Wayne nodded, his heavy lidded eyes blinking slowly as he looked from Gibbs to Tony and back again. “Isobel, I believe you’ve already met â€" and finally â€" this is Georg. He’s just joined our happy clan from Rome and his English isn’t that good but he’s fluent in three other languages â€" Italian *obviously*, French and also â€" he’s very well read in the art of knee capping â€" hasn’t missed a shot yet, have you Georg?” Georg lifted his jacket away from his side to reveal a loaded holster.

“Skip the crap,” Gibbs snapped as he reached for his coffee, stepping up close to Stefan and keeping his voice low. “This is a Federal building, we’re Federal Agents,” he tilted his head. “We’re honour bound to protect it, and the people inside it.”

“One word from me,” Stefan ground out between his teeth.

“One word from me,” Gibbs smiled wanly. “I’ll have this place locked down so fucking tight - “

“You’re Navy â€" no jurisdiction.”

“Ass kissing on the hill is a skill, Stefan.” Gibbs lifted a hand and lightly slapped the other man’s cheek. “Tony and I graduated with honours â€" you slip up â€" there’s a lot of people going to want to be nailing your asses. Yeah,” he tapped the man’s face again. “We’re Navy â€" what’s your back up?”

Stefan smirked, reaching into his back pocket and pulling out a black wallet. He held it up in front of Gibbs’s face and flipped it open â€" revealing a police badge.

“Fake,” Gibbs stated.

“But good enough.” Stefan chuckled. “We’re NYPD and we’re here to escort two agents to New York for questioning.”

“Which explains how you’re carrying,” Gibbs nodded, smiling to himself. “Did you think that up all by yourself? I’ll just re-iterate for you. We’re Feds, this is Federal property â€" you three are way out of your jurisdiction.”

“Just try it.” Stefan snarled, eyes narrowing.

“We could,” Gibbs nodded again. “We could walk right out of here, right now â€" and you couldn’t do a damn thing about it.”

“Mr DiNozzo wants to meet you both â€" and when Mr DiNozzo wants something, he usually gets it â€" without question.” Isobel stepped up beside Stefan. “I tire of this bickering. Wayne â€" escort our guests to the First Class Lounge and see they’re made comfortable.”

“Sure thing, ma’am.” Wayne tugged his suit jacket straight. “Gents?”

“You’re in charge?” Gibbs asked, staring at the young woman intently.

“If it means getting the job done and delivering you two on time â€" then yes.”

“Patience is not a virtue of Isobel’s,” Stefan said quickly. “But I suggest you do as she says â€" things could turn ugly very quickly if you don’t.”

“Sounds like a veiled threat,” Gibbs murmured. “Was it a veiled threat?”

Tony reached out and took hold of Gibbs’s upper arm, pulling him away from the group. “What in hell are you doing?” he hissed angrily.

“Telling it like it is â€" you got a problem with that?” Gibbs spread his hands wide.

“Yeah,” Tony growled. “I got a problem with that.” He searched the older man’s eyes but could only see mild amusement and that was enough. “*You* are not my father, Jethro,” he said quietly. “You’re making me out to look like â€" “

“Okay,” Gibbs sighed. “I’m sorry â€" just the agent side got the better of me.”

“Your agent side has a big mouth, Jethro.” Tony folded his arms across his chest. “Can we just get this over and done with â€" let’s get to the fucking plane with no more arguing?”

“Sure,” Gibbs nodded.

“And you’ll keep your mouth shut?”

“I’ll keep my mouth shut.” He led Tony a few more yards away. “By the way,” he said with a half smile.

“What?” Tony sighed, rolling his eyes.

“Just want you to know â€" when you’re pissed at me â€" “

“When I’m pissed at you â€" what?”

“You’re as hot as fuck, Tony. Hot as fuck!”

“And you think *I ’m* the only one with two brains,” Tony shot back.
“At least, my other brain is under control most of the time,” Gibbs whispered before turning to where Stefan waited. “Right â€" we’re done. Lead on â€" and don’t try anything stupid.”

“You two behave yourselves, and I won’t need to do anything stupid, Agent Gibbs.”

“Oh yes, you will.” Gibbs snickered as the group headed away across the concourse to the First Class Lounge, Stefan at his elbow.

“Hey,” Wayne caught Tony’s arm and nudged his chin at Gibbs’s back. “Does he always have to have the last word?”

“Always,” Tony nodded. “All the freakin’ time.”

“He’s a nice guy,” Wayne said almost to himself.

“Ya think?” Tony glanced sideways at him. “I’ll remind you you said that when he’s ripping your arms out of their sockets later â€" you really don’t want to piss him off â€" ever.”

“So I heard,” Wayne said before stopping in his tracks, a hand at Tony’s chest. “And you must give me the name of your tailor â€" I dig your threads.”

“Yeah? Well, just watch dear Daddy’s face when I show up looking like this â€" although â€" I’m torn. Leather or the ripped jeans, sandals and t-shirt â€" what’ll incense him more I wonder?”

“Ripped jeans,” Wayne looked thoughtful. “Ripped where?”

“Thigh on one leg, knee on the other.”

“The old man hates denim,” Wayne commented, not sounding happy.

“Aw,” Tony shook his head. “Now see what you’ve gone and done â€" ripped jeans it is â€" thanks man.”

“Just make sure I’m not within a mile radius before you meet up with him?” Wayne sounded worried.

“Hah,” Tony clapped a hand on Wayne’s shoulder. “I’m just going to light the blue touch paper â€" it’s up to you how far back you stand.”

“You must really hate him.”

Tony glanced at the other man quickly before passing through the doors to the Lounge. “You have no idea,” he whispered under his breath. “Absolutely no idea â€" world war three - here I come.”

TBC