- Text Size +
Story Notes:
This story was fully formed in my head almost a year ago, and I typed it up leaving a few blanks. Now that I've finally come back to work on it, I just can't remember how I intended to fill the plot holes. But the references to classic WWII movies were meant from the very beginning.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Gibbs and most of his team, except of course for the pregnant Tony, attach undercover to 47th MEU and deploy to Luxembourg, to eradicate that country's WMDs, topple that country's dictator and give the gift of freedom to the region.
Previously on my previous NCIS fanfic from more than a year ago: Gibbs visited the Military Gadgets Command in Quantico, Virginia, and came into contact with a gel that enables male pregnancy. He got Tony pregnant. Meanwhile, in response to nuclear tests in Iran, American troops in Afghanistan have been redeployed to Luxembourg. The troops in Iraq stayed put.

The War on Terror Goes to Luxembourg



Some NCIS agents went undercover into 47th MEU, which was deployed to Luxembourg. Not Tony, though, because he's on "maternity" leave. Soon after arriving in Luxembourg, Harm pilots a plane that brings the President into Luxembourg, but Harm lets the President take credit for piloting the plane. At the airfield there is a "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED" banner. Major combat operations in Luxembourg are now over, there's just a few minor loose ends to tie up.

Luxembourgville,Open City



Zoom out from a map of Luxembourgville, the capital of Luxembourg. Gibbs is making out with the Luxembourgville police commissioner. There is a knock on the door. "Come in," Gibbs says, disengaging from the commissioner's embrace.
"So as I was saying, we've divided the city into 13 regions according to the Smith plan, which will greatly enhance our dragnet operations."
McGee, dressed in an intimidating black leather uniform, entered and saluted with his arm at a 30-degree angle to the floor. "Heil Freedom!"
"Heil," Gibbs answered, returning the salute with his elbow at a 45-degree angle and his hand all the way back.
"Georges Manfredeaux has eluded us again," McGee reported.
"Well, un-elude him and bring him here!", Gibbs snapped.
Gibbs went to the backroom. On a couch, Ziva was making out with Marina, a Luxembourgian native.
"I want you to try something," Ziva said to Marina. Ziva gave Marina a fur coat. Ziva then winked at Gibbs, communicating succintly that Marina was going to lead them to Georges Manfredeaux.
For some reason, Fornell is also here. He was drunk. "Are we really the master race? Do we really have the right to force democracy on others?", Fornell asked.
Gibbs slapped Fornell. "Get a hold of yourself, man!"

Meanwhile, in one of the poorest slums of Luxembourgville, McGee had had all the residents come out, and loaded the men onto trucks. McGee closes the gate, gets on the back and signals the driver to go. A crazy woman starts running after the moving truck. "François! François!", she yells. François is on the truck and yells "Pina! Pina!"
McGee giddily shoots the woman, who falls on the floor with her dress ridden up. A small boy and a priest run to her.

Some other stuff happens and Georges Manfredeaux ends up in a cell along with the priest and an American deserter. "We'll execute the priest first," Gibbs says. The next day, the priest is tied up to a chair, and a squad of Luxembourgians conscripted into the military force for the new Luxembourgian puppet government. Gibbs nods to Fornell, who tells the Luxembourgian squad to open fire.
"How the f---ing hell can they all miss!?", Gibbs exclaims. For some reason there are some children at the fence whistling.
Fornell approaches the tied up priest and kills him with his 9mm pistol. The children at the fence leave sadly.

La Bataille de Luxembourgville



Inside the torture chamber of the Luxembourgville police headquarters. There's a detainee hanging from the ceiling, tied up in an umcomfortable position, while McGee dunks another detainee into a big tub of water, and Ziva nears a torch to another detainee's chest. Gibbs is giddily punching Georges Manfredeaux, who has a black eye and various bruises.
Harm won't take part in the fun. Gibbs notices this. "These detainees aren't going to torture themselves, so what're you waiting for?", Gibbs asks Harm.
"This is all a gross violation of the Geneva Convention," Harm says.
"The Geneva Convention doesn't apply when we're defending Freedom!", Gibbs says.
"Or just paying lip service to Freedom," Harm says. Gibbs decks Harm.
Meanwhile, a milkbar gets blown up.

Go and Look



McGee shows Harm a picture. "Looks like you might have yet another European brother. Florian Harmonov Rabbovski," McGee says.
Harm gets a picture out of his wallet, which shows a man who looks just like him but with a mustache (his father) standing on a ladder to a fighter jet, with a young boy in the cockpit, the young Harm Jr. That boy looks almost the same as Florian Rabbovsky. "Where could he be now?", Harm asks.
"Probably in Kautenbach," McGee says.
"Let's go."
As it turns out, Gibbs, Ziva and Ducky had already gone to Kautenbach. They corralled all the women and children into a barn and set the place on fire, as they laughed heartily. But little Florian Rabbovsky managed to escape. He ran to the door and was about to open it when Ziva grabbed him.
"Bring that little bastard over here!", Gibbs said, laughing. Ziva did so. Gibbs grabbed the little boy and pointed a pistol at his head. He then cocked the pistol. The boy looked very afraid. "Take a picture, Ducky!" Gibbs commanded.
Ducky snapped the picture.
Harm came in at just this moment. "Don't!" he yelled.
Gibbs laughed and released the boy.
Something happened and Gibbs, Ziva, McGee and Ducky were captured and detained under a brige overpass. The natives were about to shoot them. "Let me talk to them, Jethro," Ducky asked.
"What, you speak Luxembourgese?", Gibbs asked contemptuously. A few of the natives pointed guns at them.
Ducky stepped forward and said: "Es ist nicht meine Störung. Ich bin gerade folgende Aufträge. Haben Sie bitte Gnade auf uns!"
The Luxembourgians laughed at him. But they decided not to shoot them. Instead, they poured gasoline and set it on fire. The Luxembourgians started marching away. But little Florian Rabbovsky stayed for a little bit. Then he saw the "M" from the "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED" banner floating in the river. From his point of view it looked like a "W". Florian Rabbovsky started shooting at it, interspersed with flashbacks of news from the past few years. Then further back, to a picture of a man cheerleading at Andover. Florian shot the letter W again. Then still further back, to a picture of a baby on a woman's lap, the woman was wearing a blue dress with white pearls. Florian couldn't shoot again.

Back Home to America



In the transporter room at NCIS HQ, Abby beamed Gibbs, Ziva and Ducky all the way back from Luxembourg. When they materialized, they had some smoldering embers on their clothes. Abby was ready with a fire extinguisher.
"Pilot boy, Fornell and McGee will return by conventional means," Gibbs said.
Abby hugged Gibbs. "They took Tony to the Hospital!"
"Beam us there!"
Once there, Ducky joined the surgeons working on Tony. They beamed the baby into an incubator, but the baby was dead on arrival.
Ducky went to talk to Gibbs, who was waiting outside. "I'm sorry," Ducky said.
"You did all you could, and that's what counts," Gibbs said softly.
"I guess a man's belly is as unsuited to carry a baby as Iraq is to have democracy," Ducky said.
Gibbs decked Ducky.
Chapter End Notes:
This story was fully formed in my head almost a year ago, and I typed it up leaving a few blanks. Now that I've finally come back to work on it, I just can't remember how I intended to fill the plot holes. But the references to classic WWII movies were meant from the very beginning.