- Text Size +
Arriving back at NCIS, Gibbs and DiNozzo were the center of attention when they entered the bullpen. At Gibbs glare, Ziva and McGee quickly lowered their eyes back down to the files in front of them. As Gibbs walked over to his own desk, he scowled at Fornell.

“Uh oh” thought Fornell, “I’ve seen that look before” as he slowly got out of the chair. Without saying a word, Fornell grabbed an empty chair and sat in front of Gibbs desk so that they were facing each other.

When Tony had approached his desk, he saw a man leaning against his desk. Tony just snapped his fingers, and then motioned with his thumb.

“Move it or else.” Tony said as he sat down behind his desk.

“Or else what?” the FBI agent said but not moving.

“Or else I’ll have Ziva over there” he said pointing at her “show you #5 on the list of ways she can kill you with a paperclip.”

“Oh I don’t know Tony” Ziva said, holding a paperclip between her fingers “I think #3 is much more interesting, yes?”

“Really? Well, maybe, I’ll let you decide.” He replied as he leaned back in his chair.

As he got up from Tony’s desk, Agent Crimson muttered, “Sacks was right, you guys are all crazy.”

McGee, keeping his head down was trying, but not quite succeeding, to keep the smile off his face. Gibbs was having more success at hiding his grin, and then he put on his scowl.

“Back to work, you two.” He barked. “Ziva, give some of those files to DiNozzo.”

He knew that he had told the director that he would keep Tony out of the investigation, as much as possible. But after what had just happened with Tony taking off like that, he wanted him close, where he could keep an eye on him.

Gibbs was going over the Autopsy results with Fornell and Crimson. When they found out that the tests showed conclusively that Mr. DiNozzo had been murdered, Fornell looked pissed off. Gibbs began to question them about the details of their protection detail.

“So who all knew that Mr. DiNozzo was there?” He asked.

“The usual people; his lawyer, the prosecutor, Agent Crimson and his partner along with the two other agents that were working the detail.” Fornell replied “Along with me and my boss, of course.”

Gibbs frowned “Any chance one of them could have leaked his location?”

“Hell yes, one of them could have, but I don’t think they did.” Fornell sounded frustrated.

Gibbs turned to Agent Crimson “Where did you get his meal from?”

“We had it sent up thru room service.” He replied.

“Which one of you checked out the kitchen and watched over the food?” Gibbs asked.

“Well, neither of us.” Crimson answered, “Didn’t think it was necessary.”

Fornell turned to his agent “Didn’t think it was necessary? What in the hell were you thinking?”

“We were thinking that it didn’t matter, it wasn’t like he was being threatened or anything.” Crimson said. “He was just there to testify”

Gibbs got angry after hearing that. The way those two agents had run this protection detail was both stupid and careless. He was just about to say so when Fornell beat him to it.

“Damn it Crimson, could you have been anymore careless?” Fornell ground out. “I can’t believe you did something so stupid, your mistake cost a man his life.”

Tony had been trying to eavesdrop on Gibbs and Fornell, without them knowing of course, while he looked over the files in front of him. After that last bit, his head came up and he was openly staring at them with a look of disbelief and then anger on his face.

Fornell continued, “I want you to go back to our office and wait for me. You’ll be lucky if you only get suspended, you could loose your job over this.”

Agent Crimson jumped up “I don’t get what the big deal is here, this guy wasn’t innocent.” He spat out “He was just another rich fat cat businessman who was breaking the law just so he could get even richer!”

Gibbs had noticed Tony watching them and looked over at him just then. He saw him start to get up from behind his desk and thought “Oh crap, don’t do anything stupid DiNozzo”

Agent Crimson turned and started to leave, only to find his path blocked by Tony.

“You better get out of my way” Crimson said.

When Tony didn’t move, he continued, “Do you have a problem?”

“Yea, you” Tony replied coldly.

“I’ve read all about you Agent DiNozzo” Crimson sneered

Tony stepped closer to the FBI agent. As they watched what was going on, McGee and Ziva had stood up from behind their desk and started to come closer. They could tell by the look on Tony’s face that this wasn’t going to end well.

Crimson continued, “I don’t know why you’re so upset. From what I hear, Daddy cut you out of his life years ago, you should be glad he’s gone.”

When the FBI agent went to step around him, Tony blocked his path. Crimson then shoved Tony and he shoved back. When Crimson went to take a swing at Tony, that’s when everyone jumped in. Fornell and Ziva grabbed Crimson while McGee and Gibbs grabbed Tony.

“Enough!” Gibbs yelled.

Not letting go of Crimson, Fornell escorted him to the elevator with Ziva following to make sure there was no trouble. Tony shook off McGee and Gibbs, holding up his hands in a gesture of surrender.

“I’m fine,” he said as he went to sit behind his desk.

Ziva and McGee slowly made their way back to their desk, eyes never leaving Tony. Gibbs stayed standing in front of Tony’s desk, watching him too.

Tony was stacking the files on his desk into one pile, his movements sharp and abrupt. He could sense Gibbs standing there, feeling his stare. He sighed as he slammed another file onto the pile, and then looked up at Gibbs.

“What?” he said abruptly.

“Go home DiNozzo” Gibbs said.

“I said I’m fine” Tony replied without emotion.

Gibbs reached down and put a hand on Tony’s arm, stopping its movement.

“Tony” he said softly “Go home.”

Tony looked up at Gibbs, saw the concern in his eyes and just sighed.
He then mumbled as he gathered his things together, “What ever you say Boss”

After Tony left, Gibbs turned around and saw his team staring at him.

“Get back to work people” he said sharply.

Ziva and McGee hurried back to work, sneaking looks at each other. Both letting their concerns for Tony show in their eyes.

As Gibbs sat at his desk he was thinking about what had just happened, he knew that he would be stopping at Tony’s place tonight to check up on him. He just hoped that DiNozzo stayed out of trouble until then.