- Text Size +
As Tony made his way from Abby’s lab back to the bullpen and his desk, he tried to come up with something to tell Gibbs, incase he questioned him about the entire goings on today. He was relieved to find that Gibbs wasn’t there; apparently he had gone on a coffee run. Tony had pulled out some cold case files, trying to make it look like he was working, but it was really all an act. Tony had decided to do a little investigating of his father, discreetly of course.

He knew something was wrong, seriously wrong for his father to have come to him. That could be a good thing or a bad thing, he would just have to wait and see. But one thing was for sure, Tony was going to go to their dinner with as much information on his father as he could find, he wasn’t stupid. As he started looking into the financial records of his father, something caught his eye.

Tony started to dig a little deeper, what he found wasn’t good although he wasn’t surprised. “Damn it” he thought, “Could his Father really be that greedy, not to mention careless?”

When Gibbs came back into the office from his coffee run, he saw that everyone was busy working at his or her desk, at least that was the impression they were giving. When he looked around at his team, he could see that all seemed normal.

McGee seemed to be in his own little world, typing away and concentrating on what ever he was doing, probably something that was technology based and that Gibbs would never understand.

As his gaze shifted to Ziva he saw that although she looked slightly bored, being the professional that she was, she at least was trying to keep busy by going thru some of the paperwork that was on her desk.

When he looked at Tony he could see that he had some file folders on his desk, probably cold cases. But it looked like he hadn’t touched them and was instead very intent on something that was on his computer. He could tell that it wasn’t one of his usual games that he like to try and play on the sly, mainly because he looked way too serious. “What are you up to DiNozzo” Gibbs thought.

It was at that moment that Gibbs decided to do a little investigating on his own of DiNozzo Sr. As he started to dig a little, he didn’t like what he was seeing. He made the decision to NOT question Tony about what had gone down at lunch. Partly because he knew he’d probably have a hard time getting a straight answer out of him, Tony was too good and too practiced at the art of evasion when it came to his family. Plus he knew he would learn more by just observing, for now.

It was the end of their shift; so Gibbs told them to all go home, he’d see them in the morning. As Ziva and McGee grabbed their stuff and headed for the elevator, Tony was still concentrating on something that was on his computer.

“DiNozzo” Gibbs practically barked, causing Tony to jump as he looked over at him, “You planning on staying all night?”

Tony looked slightly embarrassed at being caught off guard, “Sorry boss, didn’t hear you,” Tony said as he gathered his things and headed for the exit, “See you tomorrow”.

Gibbs just waved him off as he went back to his work, thinking “I may see you sooner than that”. He waited until the elevator doors shut before he too grabbed his coat and headed for the stairs.

Little did Gibbs know that Abby had a similar idea. She had left the lab a few minutes early and was now sitting in her car, waiting for Tony to leave. As Abby sat there, fingers tapping on the steering wheel, she thought “As Gibbs would say, you need someone to watch your six Tony and that’s just what I’m going to do, whether you like it or not.”