- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Gibbs meets Kates family, but the couple get more than they expected being away!!!!
“It won’t be that bad. Well, my mum will love you. I’m sure my father will love you too. Not so sure about my brothers though” Kate laughed

“Thanks Kate. That helps a lot” Gibbs replied sarcastically.

They finished packing their bags. They were going to Kates parents for their 40th wedding anniversary. This will be the first time that Gibbs will meet Kate’s family, and, he’s nervous as hell.

“Hurry Jet. Ducky will be here in 5 minutes”

“Yeah, yeah. I’m coming”

HONK HONK

“Duckys here”

“You don’t think”

“You know Gibbs, you’re more sarcastic now than before we were together”

“I learn from the best”

“I love you too” Kate replied kissing Gibbs

They packed the suitcases into Ducky’s car and headed to the airport. After a long flight of Kate reminding him of the people in her family, he was getting more nervous. By the time that they finally reached the house, Gibbs was sweating like a pig

*******************

“They’ll love you babe, because I love you. Calm down ok.” Kate said leaning into Gibbs to give him a kiss.

“Ok Hun” Gibbs replied

Kate knew that to calm Gibbs down was a few words and a kiss, which is also appreciated.

“Aunt Kate” three boys screamed as they came running out, hugging her almost tackling her to the ground.

“Josh, Jake, Jimmy, how are you?”

“Good, great, glad you’re here”

“Come on boys, it can’t be that bad” Kate said, seeing the boys roll their eyes.

“Boys, this is Jethro. Jethro, this is Josh, Jake & Jimmy. James’ triplets” Kate introduced.

“Hi boys. How are you?”

“Were good, sooooo, do we call you Jethro, or Uncle Jethro?”

Gibbs knelt down in front of the boys and said “you can call me Uncle Jet if you want. What do you say?”

“Cool Uncle Jet” the boys chorused.

The three boys ‘escorted’ Kate and Gibbs into the house. As they walked through the door, Kate takes Gibbs hand as they boys race off to the kitchen

“Grandma, Grandma, Auntie Kate and Uncle Jets here”

“Boys, its Mr. Gibbs, and you don’t need to shout” Kates mum replied

“But he said that we can call him Uncle Jet, right” josh replied

“It's true mum. Mum, Jethro. Jethro, my mum Patricia” Kate said introducing them. Kate stepped forward to kiss her mother and Gibbs then held his hand out to shake it.

“Nice to meet you Mrs Todd” Gibbs said

“Nice to meet you too Jethro, and its either Patricia or Mum” she replied laughing.

“Ok.....Patricia” Gibbs replied cautiously.

“Mum, were just going to go rest and freshen up. Be down in about an hour or two ok” Kate told her mum.

Kate and Jethro walked up the stairs and to Kate’s bedroom. While Kate got settled and unpacked, Gibbs looked around the room. He looked at all the photos of her growing up, the cutest being her at like 3 or 4, cuddled up to her father with her finger in her mouth, and her father sound asleep as well. He saw some trophies, from ballet and dance to football and soccer. She also had her certificates and awards hanging up on the walls, from school merits to first in classes, to a couple of awards from the FBI and one from the Secret Service. Kate walked over to him, and put her arms around his waist. She kissed the groove on his back, between both his shoulders. He turned around, leant down and rested his forehead with hers, just looking at each other. They were able to have a whole conversation just by looking into each others eyes. Kate nodded her head and they both headed to the bed. Discarded any constricting clothing and laid on the bedding, Gibbs spooning Kate. He kissed the back of her head, tightened his grip on her and closed his eyes. They both fell into a dreamless sleep.

Kate woke awhile later to a light tap on her arm.

“Hi Bree, whats up?” Kate whispered to the 4 year old

“Who’s that?” she replied pointing to a sleeping Gibbs

“That’s Jethro”

“Oh! Can I cuddle?” Bree asked shyly

“Of course, come here” Kate said, holding her arms out to help Bree on the bed. Bree cuddled into Kate and fell fast asleep.

20 minutes later, they don’t know how, but Bree ended up asleep between the two. Gibbs was lying there awake, staring at the two. Kate seemed peaceful, with her arm protectively around Bree. Bree started to stir a little, then she opened her eyes.

“Whats your name young lady?” Gibbs whispered, trying not to wake Kate.

“Bree. And you’re Jethro”

“Yes I am, nice to meet you Bree”

“Are you old? You got hair like grandpa” Bree asked innocently, Gibbs trying to stifle back laughs.

“Well, I’m not as old as your grandpa, but I’m a lot older than Aunt Kate” Gibbs replied

“Ok” was all that Bree replied

“how about I freshen up, then the both of us go downstairs and let aunt Kate rest for a little bit more” Gibbs asked the little girl

“Ok” she replied

“Ok. I will be back in 5 minutes” Gibbs said.

Gibbs got up and headed to the ensuite that Kate had and freshened up. He came back and Bree tried to move, but Kate held her tight.

“I think you might be here forever” he whispered and Bree giggled

“Got a trick. How about we slowly move Aunt Kate’s arms, you crawl out and we’ll put a pillow there instead of you. She’ll think that she’s still holding you” Gibbs whispered to Bree.

Gibbs slowly lifted Kates arms, motioned for Bree to slide out, and he replace her with a pillow. Bree crawled to Gibbs and he lifted her on to his hip. They both looked at Kate and laughed at what they did. He adjusted Bree on his hip and walked downstairs. He walked into the kitchen and saw a whole lot of people.

“Did you sleep with Aunt Kate again?” her mother asked

“Yes, and Jethro too” Bree replied

“Bree!” her mother said

“It’s ok. Bree's a darling” Jethro said. “I’m Jethro, as Bree mentioned” Jethro introduced himself.

“I’m Laura, Bree’s mother” Laura replied

“This is Michael, my husband, Kate’s youngest brother. James, Kate’s eldest brother, his wife lee. And Matthew, the middle brother and his wife Caroline” Laura said introducing everyone to Jethro. Jethro shook everyone’s hand and he put Bree down as he heard screaming behind him

“Uncle Jet” the triplets screamed. They ran into him, almost knocking him over.

“What have you boys been doing?”

“Playing outside” they replied in unison.

“Grandma, Grandma. Aunt Kates sick in her toilet. I saw her” a 7 year old girl came running into the kitchen. “And that Sian, Matts girl” Patricia said

“If you’ll excuse me everyone, I’m going to check on Kate”, Jethro said leaving the kitchen and heading upstairs. He went into the room and heard Kate vomiting in the bathroom. He walked in there, knelt down beside her, one hand pulling her hair out of the way, and the other rubbing her back, comforting her. He waited til she was finished, got a glass of water and handed it to her. He just sat next to her, arm around her shoulders, letting her rest in the crook of his neck.

“Thanks. I don’t know what happened. I just woke up, and felt like I needed to throw up. I feel sorry for Sian, she saw that I was sick” Kate sighed.

“Your welcome. You know I will do anything for you. I think that Sian also would have calmed down about now”

“I know you would do anything for me”

They sat there for awhile longer, when Gibbs noticed that Kates breathing was light, he looked down and saw that she was sleeping. He got up, picked her up and carried her to the bedroom. When he walked in, he noticed an older man, Kate’s father he assumed. Gibbs nodded towards him, and laid the sleeping Kate down. He whispered ‘I love you’ in her ear, kissed her forehead and ran his hand over her head. Both Gibbs and her father walked out of the room, and closed the door.

“I’m Graham, Kate’s father” he said, putting his hand out

“I’m Jethro” Gibbs replied shaking his hand

“Yes I know” Graham smirked. “Kates told me a lot about you” Graham finished off

“Oh ...ok. I don’t know if thats a good thing or not” Gibbs replied

“It’s a good thing. I have to admit that I wasn’t 100% sure about it at the start, but after talking to Kate in the last few months, I know you’re right for her. She’s never been happier. And after what I just witness, I have no doubt in Kates choice in you” Graham said

“Well, I do love her. I love her more than anything. She’s my life” Gibbs replied honesty.

“I hope so. I don’t want Kate like the last three” Graham said seriously. “Yes! (Graham interrupted before Gibbs could say a word), she told me everything. The ex-wives, and Shannon & Kelly, and I’m sorry for your lost. You’re a much stronger man than I would’ve been” Graham continued honestly.

“It was hard at the start, I got through it. But I will tell you something, god forbids anything happened to Kate, I’ll fall apart. I love her that much that I don’t have a life without her. She’s my everything. She changed me, not intentionally, but she did. She made me a better person. I mean, I stopped going to church after Shannon & Kelly, and Kate got me back to going. Not by making me go with her, but me wanting to go with her when she went” Gibbs replied honestly, not believing how easy it was to open up to someone so easily other than Kate.

“Once you two have finished your heart-to-heart, I would like to go downstairs and eat something. Hi dad” Kate said, coming through the bedroom door and kissing her dad.

“And I love you too” she said kissing Jethro.

Jethro wrapped an arm around her shoulders, and she around his waist as they walked downstairs to see everyone.

“How much did you hear?”

“I heard the last part, what you said about me”

“Oh”

“Hey....don’t worry. I loved every word that you said. It was honest and......AND you opened up to my father. That’s going to be a big bonus for you when we get home” Kate laughed and Gibbs blushed a little.

“How are you feeling darling” Patricia asked as they walked into the living room

“She’s fine Pat. Jethro took great care of her” Graham said smiling at the two.

They all sat in the living room talking about what’s been happening since they saw everyone last. When dinner was finally ready, everyone walked through into the dining room for dinner. After dessert, everyone went their separate ways. Kate and Jethro said goodnight to all and headed upstairs, got ready for bed, and laid there talking. They were talking about her family, how he was getting along with them all, especially her father and the kids, he was still worried about how she was feeling, and she still looked a little pale.

He cups her cheeks and says “you are the most beautiful person in the world. I love your chocolate eyes. I love your massive heart. I love your caring nature, your ability to stand up to me, your ability to love me. I never thought that I could ever be happy again, and you my dear......have made me more than happy. You have given me a reason to live life. I love you (kiss), I love you (kiss), I’m IN love with you” and ended with a passionate kiss that left them both breathless. Gibbs laid on his back, and Kate cuddle into the crook of his arm. They both drifted off to sleep.