- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
What changes the relationship between Kate & Gibbs?
A Family Affair

Chpt 2

Gibbs woke up to an empty bed next to him. He looked at the clock, it was 7am. He heard noises coming from Kates bathroom. He got up and went to investigate. Kate was on the floor, head over the toilet vomiting. He quickly moved next to her, held her hair and rubbed her back. When she had finished, he got her some water, then settled against the bathroom cabinets. Kate just laid on the floor, her head in his lap. After about 10 minutes, both he and Kate got up, and headed back to bed. An hour later, they both woke up.

“I want you to go to the doctors. No buts about it. Ok!” Gibbs said, hovering over Kate and kissing her

“Jethro, I’m fine. It’s probably just the 24 hour bug”

“I don’t care. You’re going to the doctors”

There was a knock at the door

“Come in” Jethro said

“Morning Ka.....oh!.....sorry to bother you” Laura said

“It’s ok Laura. Come in. I’m just informing this stubborn young lady here that she’s going to go to the doctors today” Jethro said, giving Kate a soft kiss on the lips.

He then rolls off her and rests his head on his hand.

“Jethro, I told you, it’s just a bug”

“And I told you that you’re going no matter what. Why don’t you make it a day. Go out with the girls, shopping or whatever you girls do, and go to the doctors as well. Spend time with your mother and sisters. What do you think Laura?” Gibbs said, trying to get Laura to agree with him.

“I think it’s a good idea. Who can turn that down” Laura said with a smile

“I can if it involves going to the doctors” Kate said stubbornly

“You’re going, even if I have to drag you there myself. Now, if you’ll excuse me ladies, I’m going to get ready. Love you” Gibbs said, leaning over and giving Kate a kiss and Laura a look to say ‘try and convince her’. He got up, got his stuff and went into the bathroom.

“He really does love you” Laura said to Kate

“And I him” Kate replied sitting up. She put a hand to her forehead.

“You ok?” Laura asked concerned

“Yeah, just a little nausea” Kate replied

“Well, you’re certainly going to the doctors, and shopping as well. I’ll leave you to get ready, and we’ll go after breakfast. I’ll let the rest of the girls know” Laura said, and left the room.

Kate got up, got her clothes and headed to the bathroom. She saw that Gibbs was still in the shower. She walked over and hopped in with him. She out herself under the water with her back to him. Gibbs just stared at her; he couldn't contain himself any longer, watching the water travel down her sleek body. He moves closer to her, pulls her hair to one side, a hand on the side of her neck and kisses the other side. He hears her moaning. He then moves his hand around to her hips and pulls her closer to him. They both moan at the movement and contact with each other.

“You’re....going....to....kill....me....one....day” he murmurs between kisses.

Kate turns around and gives him a passionate kiss

“But what a way to go” she replies after the kiss “How about I kill you now” she continued seductively.

Gibbs kissed Kate hard and pinned her to the wall with his body. Kate had both her hands around the back of Gibbs’ head, pushing him closer to her. Gibbs had one hand at her neck, and the other on her hip holding her in place. They finally came up for air, he starts kissing her neck and found her soft spot, in the groove of her neck and shoulder. Kate kisses him in the same spot making him groan as well. As her hands are moving up and down his body, he moves the hand that was around her neck to grasp her butt. He then moves it down her thigh and gently lifts it so that her inner thigh rests on his hip, making it easier access for him. He slowly slides himself in so that her body can relax with the intrusion. He then starts to thrusts into her slowly at first, but as her moans were getting louder, he starts thrusting a little bit fast but alot harder.

“God Jethro, oh God” Kate moans

Then her moans stop. Gibbs started kissing, licking, and sucking the groove at her throat, minimising the moans coming from her. As he’s thrusting into her, he moves his free hand further down and rests it on her pelvis. The heel of his hand rests there while he moves his fingers down and starts massaging her clit. He can feel her starting to tense around his shaft and he can tell she’s almost there

“Kaaatttiiieeeee” he moans. His on the edge as well. “You’re killllliiiinnnggg me” me moans out. He can feel that both of them are right on the edge.

“Goooodd” she moans and lifts his heads and forcefully kisses him so that their moans are muffled by each other. He keeps thrusting and rubbing, and they both come at the same time. After they are spent, he slowly releases himself from her, kisses her once more, and they both continue with the shower. When their finished, they both hop out, dry themselves, and get dressed. Gibbs is at the mirror shaving and Kate comes and sits on the bench.

“May I?” she asks

“Yeah” he replies and hands the razor over to her.

She sits in front of him, him moving in between her legs and lets her finish the job. When she’s finished, she wipes his face clean, then gives him a passionate kiss.

“You are the most beautiful woman in the world; you are kind, caring, lovable, and stubborn. I’m both internally and externally happy. I’m grateful that you are part of my life” Gibbs said staring straight into Kates eyes.

“God I love you Jethro” Kate said sincerely then kissing him again.

“Come on babe. Lets go downstairs”

“Ok”

They both walked downstairs holding hands and talking animatedly. They walk through to the kitchen exchanging ‘good mornings’ with everyone. They sat at the table, ate and conversed. After breakfast, and all the cleaning up, Kate went over to Gibbs

“You going to be ok here?”

“Yeah, I can get to know your brothers and your father better” Gibbs replied “make sure you go to the doctors ok”

“Ok” Kate replied dryly

“Laura, make sure she goes” Gibbs said turning around to Laura

“You don’t trust me?” Kate replied pretending to be hurt

“You’re stubborn” was all that Gibbs replied and kissed Kate, leaving everyone laughing. They kissed each other, said their goodbyes and the girls were on their way.


*MALL*


“So, where are we going first?” Patricia said

“How about we go get pampered for your night tonight?” Laura said to Patricia

“I think that’s a great idea”

The four women head off to the local beautician to get pampered.


*TODD RESIDENCE*


“So Jethro, how old are you really?” James said

“Straight forward. I like that” Jethro smiled

“The only way to be when it involves Kate” James said

“You really asking my age, or whether you think I’m suffering some sort of mid-life crisis by being involved with someone almost two decades younger than I am” Gibbs replied

“Honestly” Michael said

“I prefer nothing else” Gibbs said “I’m not going to try and impress you or anything. The only thing I can say is that I love my Katie. She’s my life” Gibbs replied honestly

“Uncle Jet, come” Jake screamed

“If you’ll excuse me gentlemen” Gibbs said then walked off to go to Jake and the rest of the children that were playing.

“Do you believe him?” James asked his brothers

“Yes and no” Matthew replied “I guess we’ll have to wait and see” he continued


*MALL*


“You girls go on. I’ll go with Kate to the doctors” Laura said

“Why?” Lee asked, not witnessing the earlier conversation in the kitchen

“Jethro's making me go. I woke up sick and dizzy this morning” Kate replied “I don’t really want to go, but I have to” Kate continued

“When have you ever listened to someone else when you didn’t want to?” Patricia said amused

“Since Jethro’s just as stubborn as Kate” Laura said laughing which had all of them laughing.
They went their separate ways. Laura and Kate were waiting for 10 minutes before she was called in. The doctor and Kate spoke, the doctor looked Kate over, then took a blood, and urine test.

“Go and sit in the waiting room. It shouldn’t be more than 20-30 minutes before we get the results” the doctor said, leading Kate out into the waiting room

“So?” Laura asked

“Don’t know. Just waiting on the test results” Kate replied


*TODD RESIDENCE*


“So Jethro, you got the 3rd degree from the boys yet” Graham asked

“If the talk was whether this was a mid-life crisis, then yes, if not, then not yet” he replied “But I've got as feeling I’ll get it before we leave” he continued

“What makes you say that?” Graham questioned

“Well, I want to ask you, for your permission, to marry Kate” Jethro asked cautiously.

Graham stood there, quiet. Gibbs was getting a little antsy about the lack of reply, or even noise.

“All I can promise you is that I love Kate, she’s my life and I will try my hardest to make her happy” Gibbs said hoping it will help him.


*MALL*


“Caitlyn Todd”

Kate got up and headed to the doctor’s office

“So doctor. What’s wrong?” Kate asked

“Well, I don’t know if it’s good news or not. Depends on how your reaction is” the doctor replied.

When Kate walked out of the office, she had a shocked expression on her face

“Hold on a sec Lee” Laura said, holding the phone to her ear “Kate, what’s up?” she asked, worried that I might not be good news

“I.....I just......go home” Kate stumbled out, still shocked from what the doctor has just told her.

“Ok” Laura said “um Lee.....I’m going to take Kate home. She doesn’t look to well.....no, she hasn’t said. She just wants to go home. I’ll get one of the boys to come and pick you up........just enjoy it while you can......ok, see you later” Laura said, then hangs up and guides Kate through the office, the mall and to the car.

The ride home was quiet. They got to the house, and Kate walks straight upstairs. Laura heads out through the kitchen

“You back so soon Laura” Michael asked

“Yeah, Kate when to the doctors. She came out looking worse. She’s shocked. I don’t know whether it’s good or bad” Laura replied concerned

“What’s wrong with her?” Michael asked

“That’s it, I don’t know. All she’s said since she’s come out of the doctors is that she wanted to come home, and hasn’t said a word since. Can you go and pick mum and the girls up, I’m going to go and tell Jethro. Do you know where he is?” Laura said

“Out the back talking to dad” Michael replied, kissing Laura, then taking the keys and headed out the door.

Laura headed towards the back door, and saw Jethro and Graham talking and smiling. Laura came out and started walking towards them

“Excuse me” she interrupted “Jethro, I think you should go and see Kate. She didn’t look to well when she came out from the doctors. I don’t know what’s wrong; all she said was that she wanted to come home. She’s in her room I think” Laura said

“Excuse me” Jethro said, running into the house. Runs upstairs and knocks on her bedroom door. He slowly opens it when there’s no answer. He walks in and sees her standing at the window staring out. He walks over to her and puts his arms around her waist and rests his chin on her shoulder

“What’s wrong babe?”

“I’ll understand if you want to leave” she mumbles out

“Katie, come on! It can’t be that bad”

“I’m......you......were.....um.......I’m pregnant” Kate finally gets out

“Gibbs was silent for like a minute, but felt like ten to Kate

“I’ll under......” was all Kate could get out before Gibbs interrupted

“Would you think and less of me” Gibbs sniffily said before Kate turned around and interrupted

“What’s up Jethro? Why the tears?” Kate said as she wiped the tears away

“I’m happy” Gibbs replied

“Happy???” Kate questioned

“Yes, happy, ecstatic. You’re going to be a mum. I’m going to be a father. We’re going to be parents” Gibbs said

“So....you’re happy about it” Kate said

“Of course I am” Gibbs replied hugging Kate

They stood there hugging each other, both having tear stained faces

“Kate, I don’t want you to think I’m asking now because of what you just told me. I’ve wanted to ask for awhile now. I just wanted to ask your father first” Gibbs said nervously, putting his hand in his pocket, bringing out a small box, getting down on one knee

“Will you marry me Caitlyn Anne Todd?” Gibbs asked

“Yes. Yes, a thousand times yes” Kate replied

She leaned in to kiss Jethro passionately. She led him towards the bed. They came up for air and Gibbs fell back on to the bed. Kate leaned over him, and starting kissing him again. He pulled her closer and rolled her over so that he was now hovering over her

“You can lie on top of me. You’re not going to hurt the baby” Kate replied with a smile

“You sure”

“Absolutely”

They laid there for the next hour or so, kissing and talking. They had a lot of talking to do. There was a knock at the door, Kate got up and opened the door

“Hey Laura”

“Hey Kate. How you feeling? You’re looking better”

“I’m fine, thanks for everything. Um...what’s up?”

“Just wondering when you’re leaving for the party?”

“Um....we’ll meet you there ok”

“Ok, see you there” Laura replied, then walked off

“So, shower?” Kate asked closing the door and turning to Gibbs

“Of course my dear” Gibbs replied following Kate into the bathroom.

They had a quick make out session in the shower before they got ready for the party. Gibbs in a nice black suit and blue satin shirt, and Kate in a long black dress, halter neck and a slit up to the upper thigh on the left.

“You look wonderful Mrs Gibbs” Gibbs said, kissing Kate

“Hmmmm....I like the sound of that” she replies

They both head out towards the party. 10 minutes later, they arrive at the party, and it’s in full swing. They walk over to her parents, greet them, and then head over to where the rest of the family was. They sat down to a meal then watched as Graham and Patricia danced. Jethro offered his hand to Kate, she took it, and they danced. As they danced, Kates parents looked on. They could tell that the lovely couple were happy. After the dance was over, Kate and Gibbs headed over to her parents. While people were dancing, sitting, drinking or mingling, Kate wanted to tell her parents about the engagement and the baby.

“Mum, Dad, can we talk” Kate asked nervously

“Yes my dear” Patricia replies not knowing what it may be, Graham having an idea.

They moved over to a vacant corner where they wouldn’t be heard.

“Mum, Dad, we’re getting married. Jethro proposed earlier today, I said yes” Kate rambled off, nervous about her parents reactions.