- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
"I wouldn't trust him in that mood, would you? Well you're insane arn't you."
"So you believe him?" Kate asked as she gripped onto whatever she could. It was always the safest thing to do when Gibbs got behind the wheel. Gibbs didn't reply. Personally, Kate didn't trust the infomation Ivydiwn had given over the phone, but when Gibbs followed his gut it was hard to reason with him. He slammed his foot down on the acelorator and sped out, setting another set of skid marks ten feet behind the first set.

Tim grabbed onto the back of Kate's seat to stop himself whacking into the door as Gibbs turned what had to be an illegal corner. Kate tried again. "How can you be sure he's not just playing you?"
"He's not." Gibbs replied, eyes fixed on the road ahead. Kate left it at that, usually she would've pushed but she was starting to feel if she opened her mouth she'd throw up. Not nice, not nice.

Dolphin Farm was a small collection of run down buildings. Two were large storage houses for straw and hay and two were large stable blocks. Tim had looked up the history of the Farm only to find it had been a private Riding and Carriage Driving Stables. Large fields surrounded the farm, stretching up around to the sky met the ground. Gibbs closed the door of the sedan with a soft click, pulling out his Sig. Tim and Kate copied him, scanning the area for hostiles. There were enough places to hide a sniper. But as they approched the first barn, they had no trouble. If they were waiting to see if they'd get into a better position they'd missed their chance. Gibbs reached out a hand to check for wires or such on the door. When he was sure there were none, Tim and Gibbs pulled the door free. They slid open without protest. It obviously hadn't been abandoned for long if the hinges were still in good condition.

Gibbs held up the torch under the butt of his gun, scanning the interior of the dingy barn. Straw seemed to be packed to the cieling. Either it was an odd way of decorating or it was natural sound-proofing. The small beam of light spread out and the three agents caught thier eye on the wooden rail suspended from two barrels. Two chairs were securly tied to the rail, but only one was occupied. Gibbs waved a hand at Tim to move out, covering the area. Kate did the same without the command. Gibbs still had his gun up as he made his way towards the slumped figure. "Clear!" Came the two agents shouts.

"Tony?" Gibbs voice tried to wake Tony up as he checked the steady pulse in the young mans neck. The agent didn't react. "Tony." He tried again, hearing that Tim had already brought out his cell to call for an ambulence. Gibbs took the pen-knife out of his pocket, slicing through the bailing twine that tied Tony's wrists and feet together. He caught the agents shoulders as he slumped forward. He lowered Tony to the floor, casting his eyes over the agents injuries. Bruises across his chest and midriff, but otherwise he couldn't see anything else.

Tony's eyelids flickered before he opened his eyes. He wasn't really suprised as he stared up at the cieling above him rather than the floor.
"What took you, boss?" He managed to mutter before the pain in his ribcage made him cough. He groaned flexing his fingers to try and restore the blood flow. He looked around as far as he could, seeing he was on the floor.
"Madisyn?" He managed to choke out before Gibbs sushed him, in less words.

The sirans that marked the approch of the medics was a welcomed sound to Tony. The pain across his chest wasn't getting any easier to deal with and it wasn't exactly comfortable when he breathed. Gibbs has already had to stop him slipping into the darkness of the unconscious more than once. He'd found something to hold onto and let it cut into his hand as he tried to focus on it. It had helped.

Two medics jogged up, the green bags over their shoulders. Then Tony blacked out.
------------------------------------------------------
Madisyn rubbed her sore wrists, looking around another dismal and diserted cavern of misery. It might have been a rather strong way of putting it, but it wasn't exactly The House Of Happy. She crossed her legs on the bed and took another look around. Well at least she wasn't tied up. It was more like the first place, except made of wood. There was a matress on the floor and a two piece door. Like a stable. Both top and bottom were locked shut with a lock on each. She raised a hand to the tender spot on her neck where the second needle had struck. It had taken longer for all the feeling to come back into her body, but she had guessed that was just because she was tired. She was no doctor so she couldn't be sure of what it actually was.

She stood up, stretching the stiff muscles in her legs. She made her way over to the door and gave it an experimental push. The hinges creaked but it didn't give way. She pressed her ear up to the door but couldn't hear anything. So useful, stuck in a stable block. She'd never been too keen on horses, and staying in a stable had never been on her top ten destinations to sleep in.

Time passed. She didn't know how long, but she knew that hunger and thirst were quickly taking away what reserves of energy she still had. She rubbed her eyes in an attempt to keep awake. She needed something to do, something to concentrate on. Just as she was thinking this, the soft footfalls outside in the aisle outside caught her attention. There was a jangling of keys and the top of the door swung back on its hinges with an ear splitting creak. The barrel of a long nosed rifle entered her field of vision. She swallowed, eyes not leaving the dark hole where the bullet sped through with a sickening CRACK.