- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
"I'm not going to forget that in a hurry, but whatever happens, after this, I'm gunna need a drink."
Ducky sat in Tony's vacant chair. He looked at the photograph on the table in front of him. The one Madisyn had provided for the team. It showed a pretty dark haired woman in a blue dress holding onto the arm of someone who could only be a younger Ducky. Kate and Tim had gone quiet, letting Ducky remember what had happened exactly twenty one years ago. He'd told of what he could remember of Jennifer Kyran, but that was only short. He'd lost contact when he'd moved to America or was it France? He had no recollection of Madisyn except when she had turned up the day before. The Kyrans were a mystery.

Gibbs had long since finished his coffee, Tim and Kate had been trying to find anything on Ivydowns. Tim pressed the carriage return button. "Boss?" He called urgently. Gibbs looked up from his own computer monitor. "Someone has rented out some sort of ware-house under the name of one of the men MI5 already says have been caught." He reported, bringing it up on the screen. Gibbs took one look at it and grabbed his gun and pack. Tim and Kate didn't need to be told as they did the same and followed the lead agent towards one of the black sedans.
-----------------------------------------
Madisyn yawned, her tired eyes closing as she leaned her head on Tony's shoulder. He didn't protest, but kept looking for some sort of crack that could be a door. It was really just a large metal and stone box. Maybe four metres by four metres with a ceiling only two metres or so above them. There didn't seem to be a door, but there was a crack in the stonework. Tony gently moved Madisyn's head from his shoulder, her body following as he lowered her to the ground. She didn't seem to wake up. He dug into his pocket for the flap that held his knife. Always carry a knife. The young agent slid the knife into the crack and ran the blade up its length, checking how far up and down it went. His discovery was that it stopped about two feet from the bottom and a foot or so from the top. Easily big enough for a door. He jogged the knife blade from side to side, trying to enlarge the gap slightly.

He succeeded after several minutes, but he might as well not bothered. The sound of a bullet ricocheting off the outside of the stone caused him to fall to the floor. Madisyn woke with a start, curling into a ball in the corner, her head cowering behind her knees. Tony crawled over to her when he was sure the shot was a one time thing. Madisyn looked over her knees at Tony, her breathing quick as fear took over. Tony put a comforting hand on her shoulder. Her breathing slowed down and she took another look around.
"Well I guess trying to escape isn't something we'll be trying again soon." She muttered, stretching out her stiff legs.
------------------------------------------
Gibbs driving seemed to be getting worse by the day. Kate and Tim hung on for dear life, as Abby fed them instructions as to how to get to the warehouse. At another instruction Gibbs yanked the wheel around, causing Tim to grab onto the seat in front of him with one hand and catch hold of his lap-top with the other. Gibbs ignored the stifled yelp from Kate as another tire screeching turn took them through a narrow lane and into a large expanse of warehouses.
"What number, McGee?" Gibbs demanded from the drivers seat.
"Twenty-Seven." Tim replied, looking at his screen. "Near the east side and on the left after the admin office." He barely had time to finish talking as Gibbs slammed his foot down on the accelerator and sped off down the passages.

The warehouse wasn't big and it looked more like a barn, and it smelled like one too. Straw was stacked up around the walls. Either the owner had a large number of rabbits or it was a new way of sound proofing. The team spread out, guns held up, covering as much ground as possible. The com links that they communicated through crackled every now and then as one of them reported in finding a room or section clear.

The team met up in the middle of the warehouse/barn, looking annoyed. Gibbs just looked angry.
"Nothing?"
"Nothing, boss." Kate and Tim replied together. Gibbs turned on his heel and stormed back to the sedan. His cell rang, he pulled it out expecting to see Abby flash up on the caller ID but 'DiNozzo' flashed up on the blue background. Since then Tony's cell had been off and the GPS chip hadn't been working. Gibbs spoke into his com link to Abby.
"Trace the call to my cell." He said briefly before answering with his usual answer.
"Gibbs."
"Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs. Good afternoon." The voice was distorted by some sort of voice inhibiter, but the accent was easy to place as English.
"I have been waiting for a call but you...agent was reluctant to give up his mobile. In any case, he screamed your name and young Madisyn hasn't said a word yet. It was a pleasure talking to you Agent Gibbs." The caller hung up. The man had talked so fast that it was hard to process all the information and even Gibbs hadn't been able to get a word in edgeways.
"Abby did you get a fix?"
"No! It wasn't long enough." Gibbs swore and quickly got into the sedan and slammed the door. Kate and Tim got in quickly and Kate had only just managed to close the door when Gibbs sent the sedan speeding back towards the road.