- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
"You know I was joking. Right? Oh come on, this isn't fair! You know my every move!"
Madisyn pulled her thin jacket around her shoulders, watching Tony pace the small space they were enclosed in. Her usually bright eyes were masked the fear. Fear about what she'd managed to get herself into. Fear about what she'd managed to get Tony into. He was no part of whatever rather sickening game Ivydown was playing with them. He'd just been in the wrong place at the wrong time. She sighed, standing up to stretch her legs. Tony looked around and tried to give her a reassuring smile. Someone had taken his watch, his new watch he'd like to add, so he hadn't a clue what time it was or how long they'd been there. He was sure Gibbs would come, come before it was too late. He always did.

He took the step and a half that took him to the other side of the cube/box. Madisyn returned the smile. She was stiff, tired and hungry, but she knew Tony would be the same. Nothing happened when you complained. It was one of the skills in life, so learn not to complain, and if you did, you really had to mean it. Another thing Madisyn had heard and wasn't going to forget. When you break a rule, you break them good and hard. She couldn't remember where she'd heard it before, but she knew she had.

What they'd thought was a door was pushed open and light poured into the box, making them both flinch. Tony recovered first, blinking as his eyes ajusted. He stepped forward to see his kidnappers and opened his mouth to speak. The butt of a rifle whacked him in the gut and he doubled over. Madisyn stepped forward in shock, or reflex.

"What was that for?" She accused the three men in front of her. Each either had a rifle or what looked like a long range snipers weapon. Why they'd need one was a mystery for her, but she didn't care at the moment.
"Well I'm too much of a gentleman to hit a woman." The lead man drawled, watching Tony as he straightened up.
"Too bad I'm not enough of a lady to stop myself hitting you." Madisyn snarled back. Tony quickly placed a hand on her shoulder to keep her at bay as fire burnt in her dark eyes.

"Arn't you going to ask us what all this is about? Shout at us or start crying?" Tony met Madisyn's eyes as they both shook their heads.
"You're rubbish prisoners." The drawl continued. The man was tall and bulky, but they couldn't see his features, they were covered by a hood and a mask. Madisyn didn't exactly know anything about kidnapping and such, but she was still slightly suspicious of the man infront of her. He was too calm, but then again he kept fiddling with his gun, sliding a gloved hand up and down it as if he was dusting it. Tony had noticed it as well. He rubbed the back of hid neck and looked around the small enclosed space.

"Anyway we can upgrade?" He asked. A taller man behind the leader stepped forward.
"You think this is some sort of game?" He snapped in a distinctively American accent, so very different to the Brit in front of him.
"Isn't it?" Madisyn asked with mock suprise. The man swung his gun at her, but Tony caught the butt and twisted. The man let go with a yell, leaving Tony with a long barreled rifle in his grasp. He swung it up and aimed it at the lead man.
"I enjoy this game." He muttered as the second and third men behind the brit retreated, yelling something Tony didn't listen to. The Brit just laughed, stepping back and swinging the door closed before Tony could stop it. He sighed and gave the door a whack with his palm but to no avail. He turned back to Madisyn who shrugged her shoulders and stretched her arms up.
"You're doing well for a civilian." Tony commented, smiling.
"Thanks," she replied, leaning back against the wall. "I hope you know how to fire that thing as well as you know your movies." She remarked back, folding her arms across her chest. Tony could see she was shaking slighly. He crossed over to her and laid the hand, becoming a sort of tradition, on her shoulder before she wrapped her arms around him for comfort. Well he was used to that, but he let his own arm curve around her shoulders.

"Thanks." She repeated, mumbling this time into his shoulder.
"You're welcome."
-----------------------------------------------------
Gibbs didn't even sit down on his chair when he reached his desk. He simply logged onto his computer, Kate and Tim did the same, to continue trawling through the little data they had on Ivydown. Kate did sit down and flicked through the slim file she had on the British criminal. Tim continued checking the data they had on the computers and what MI5 had sent them. He was beginning to realised why Kate hated Spooks.

Gibbs pulled his cell out of his pocket as it started vibrating. He flipped it open and looked at the caller ID. "McGee, trace." He called before answering.
"Where is my agent?"
"Patience is not your virtue, my good man." The accent drawled at him. "You're laddy is fine, of course he will not be for long."
"What do you want?" Gibbs answered curtly, keeping the anger out of his voice well.
"To stop digging into the case. Leave the Kyrans alone and I will give you back your agent."
"You will give us back Madisyn as well." It was not a question.
"I will not."
"Why?" Gibbs stared at the table in front of him to stop the emotion rising in his voice.
"Because she is my daughter." The line went dead, the last thing was a soft echo of a laugh from more than one voice. Gibbs snapped the phone shut, murder in his cold blue eyes. He turned the stare on Tim who smiled.