- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
"That's gunna hurt tomorrow."
The wall slid back and light cascaded down into the room. This time neither Tony or Madisyn flinched. They both just stood up from where they had been leaning up on the wall. Tony hefted the gun, he'd checked and the rounds were full and loaded. There were five guys this time; one had his hand in a bandage. They all lunged at the nod of the leader. Tony whacked the first one under the chin, sending him reeling back whilst Madisyn caught her knee in the mans groin. He doubled over.

But a second and third hand grabbed the gun and wrenched it from Tony's grasp, another grabbed his arms and pulled them roughly behind him back. His head was turned roughly and he saw Madisyn with the leader standing over her and pushing a long needle into the girls neck. She fell limp after too short a time. Tony tried to struggle but his attempts were futile as three of the large hit men pushed him to his knees. The leader had taken another needle from his belt and flicked it gently. He seemed so engrossed by making sure not a single air bubble was in there one of the men had to cough. He looked up and smiled, even behind the mask Tony could tell the man was grinning. He held the needle up and pushed it into Tony's neck. He felt the cold liquid enter his blood stream, and then he knew no more.
-------------------------------------------------
Gibbs at the wheel twice in one day was not improving his mood. He'd lost an agent who wasn't even undercover. Wasn't even on a case as such. Protection duty at his own apartment. When Kate and Tim had come back from checking Tony's apartment, the struggle had been obvious. The coffee table was smashed and the bed room sheets had been stripped. But what had been odd was the perfectly folded sheets and blanket all lie on or over the back of the sofa. Every odd.

The signal from the cell had taken them back to the warehouse, but slightly beyond. Behind the warehouses was a wide area of grass and rubble where a building had been demolished. Off to the south west was a small collection of shipping containers and an old firing box. They hadn't been able to find out what a small metal and stone firing box was doing on the waste ground, but that was where the call had com from. Gibbs unholstered his gun and advanced on the box, Kate and Tim moving out around the edge. It was open, if only slightly. Gibbs reached out a cautious hand and pulled it open. Inside was dark. A dusty light bulb ran to a generator which was clicking rhythmically and something was lying on the floor.

It was too small to be a person, just a small heap. Gibbs edged closer and nudged it with his foot. He knew what it was, but making sure there was nothing underneath it was essential. It was a shirt. One of Tony's shirts. He sighed and pulled on a glove.

Kate and Tim appeared at the door just as Gibbs emerged.
"Secure the area." He walked off, taking his cell out of his pocket. Underneath the shirt had been the remains of DiNozzo's cell phone. Smashed to pieces but oddly placed in an exact row, spaced out with what seemed to be a fingers width. Something here was wrong, and he wasn't leaving here until every scrap of evidence had been uncovered. He was not giving up.