- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
"Look, c'mon. It's not like coffee killed anyone...good point, but who would want to spike a cup of Starbucks coffee, its basically just water a chemicals anyway."
The Forensic Scientist at NCIS fiddled with one of her pigtails, looking at her computer screen as it flashed back and forth with pictures of different poisenous animals. Frogs, snakes, spiders, anything really. She'd only just got in and hadn't exactly been concentrating. It had just been thought it was a rather dull day. Abby looked up as the door to her lab was opened and more people than she'd seen in hours and hours walked in. She stood up, her twin pigtails bouncing.

"What you got for me Gibbs?" She asked excitedly, looking to see an evidence bag.

"Coffee." Abby watched the four team members all put down identical Starbucks coffee cups.
"We have a Coffee Angel." Tony answered her unasked question before she'd had time to voice it.
"Drops them off in the mornings." Kate continued. "Gibbs wants to know whats in them."
"Except coffee?" Abby turned.

Well it was something to do. The team trailed out after their leader leaving Abby with two half full cups of coffee and two hardly touched ones. As she pulled the chair she hadn't used that morning towards her, she noticed the familiar red and white label. She hadn't seen Gibbs carrying a Caf Pow, but the ex-marine had strange ways of turning up and placing things without anyone noticing. She smiled to herself and started testing the coffee.
------------------------------------------------
Gibbs walked into Autopsy where Doctor Donald Mallard and his young assistant Jimmy Palmer were looking over a body. A John Doe from the local police. The body had been found in a park half a mile away in civillian clothes. Nothing to expect he was a Petty Officer, so the local polcie had taken the investigation. It was only after they'd finished that they found out the guy was Petty Officer. They'd given the body to NCIS, but the case had been given to another team.

"Ah, Jethro." Ducky's clear cut English accent greeted the Ex-Marine.
"Morning, Duck." He replied, looking over the body of the young Officer.
"What brings you down here?" the ME asked turned to Gibbs whilst Jimmy started putting the body into one of the large freezers.
"Recieved any coffee this morning?" Gibbs asked, recieving some raised eyebrows.

"As a matter of fact I have not, but Mr. Palmer had one when he came in this morning." He glanced over to the assisstant, his back to the two talking. He didn't seem as if he'd heard.
"Where is it?"
"What?"
"The coffee?"
"I believe Mr. Palmer drank it." Ducky replied, frowning. What else were you supposed to do with a cup of coffee.
"Palmer, who gave you the coffee?" The young ME's assisstant jumped and turned around to face Gibbs and Ducky.
"Sorry, Agent Gibbs?" He stuttered.
"Who gave you the coffee, Palmer?"
"I...It was...just on the side over there." He indicated the desk. Gibbs turned, but the desk was empty.
"You finished it?"
"Ye...yes, sir." Jimmy looked at Ducky as if in help. He didn't need to as Gibbs turned on his heel and walked out of Autopsy, heading back up the the bullpen.