- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
"Somewhere in this world there has to be somewhere that does a decent cup of coffee. Sadly I am yet to find it."
Madisyn Kyran didn't even bother taking off the long green coat that reached down to her ankles.

"I presume you all have a reason for not moving." She asked with raised eyebrows.
"Madisyn, what brings you here."
"Well, lets just say its now Special Agent Madisyn Kyran." She replied with a smile. She had a backpack slung over her shoulder and looked meaningfully towards Kate and Tony's packs beside their desks.

"Not in a hurry?"
"McGee, call Ducky. Get the truck." Gibbs picked up the keys and threw them to Tony. He caught them against his chest and picked up his pack, earning a smile from Madisyn. Tim picked up the phone and called Autopsy. Gibbs just eyed Madisyn before she turned and followed Tony into the lift, her bright smile not leaving her lips.
-----------------------------------------------------
The car had slid off the highway, stopping nose first in a ditch ten metres off the road. It was an expensive car, silver with a fold down roof, but seeing as it was raning, the roof was still covering the top. The front two windows had been smashed, even though there was only the driver, the two other passengers were slumped in the back seats. The driver was in a Navy Uniform, emmaculately cleaned and well cared for, if you excused the blood. The two in the back were waring civillian clothing but their dog tags were easily visible hanging around their necks.

Two vans pulled up and a car. Somehow Palmer hadn't managed to get lost this time along the route. Maybe Ducky had been driving or some such explination. Gibbs got out of the driving seat of the first van to pull up whilst Tony and Kate got out of the passenger side. Tim had drawn the short straw and clambered out of the back, looking a little pale. The sleek black sedan that had pulled up just behind the van turned off the engine and Madisyn got out of the drivers side, pulling out her pack from the passenger side. Kate looked up as Madisyn caught up with her.
"That was impressive." She commented.
"What was?"
"Keeping up with Gibbs' driving." Madisyn returned the smile as they made their way down the shallow slope to where the car had stopped.

"Looks like someone checked who they were." Tony called from where he stood beside the passenger window. "And they closed the door after them." Kate brought up the camera and flashed a few pictures of the first Petty Officer before moving around to the other side.

"Someone check the licence-"
"There arn't any." Madisyn interupted him. Tim and Kate exchanged a glance. Most people had more sense than to interupt Gibbs. Gibbs turned around, and the team promptly started doing something again, not wanting to be caught watching.
"What are you doing here, Special Agent Kyran?"
"I was told to observe you by Director Morrow." She replied, holding his steely blue gaze. Gibbs turned his back on her and looked at the car once more. Madisyn carried on as if nothing had happened.
"Looks like someone either ripped them off or cut them off." Kate straightened up and aimed the camera at the two blank spaces where the licence plates used to be, snapping a few shots.

Ducky arrived with Jimmy Palmer and bent down to examine the body of the Naval Captain in the front seat.
"Head trauma, what looks like a broken leg and a chest injury, a few broken ribs at least." Everyone turned to look at Palmer who had spoken. The young ME's assisstant swallowed and looked back at the body, hoping the eyes would turn away.
"TOD, Ducky?" Gibbs asked.
"Patience, Jethro. I've only just met the deceased."
"Boss!" Gibbs turned and followed Tim's call to where he stood a few metres into the brush beside the road. At his feet was a fourth body, curled up in an unnatural position that he'd clearly been put in. Kate joined them with a camera.
"Why dump a body away from the accident but leave three in the car?"

Her question wasn't answered before a bullet thwacked into the tree in front of the three agents and buried itself a good six inches into the solid wood.