- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
"Okay...if Chip wasn't enough, this guys got something bigger than a Sig! Unfair game!"
Abby tapped her fingernails against the hard worktop where her computer sat. Her pony-tails flicked left and right as she moved her head from side to side. The slightly mis-shapen blob of anything she could find stood on the floor. It was really quite impressive. For one thing it actually looked like a hippo. Or at least it looked vaguely like Bert, who was a hippo, albeit a fluffy farting toy one.

Her phone buzzed and starting setting up a shrill ringing. She jumped on it, the most interesting thing that had happened for a while.
"NCIS Forensics Laboritory, Prince Charles speaking." She purred into the reciever.
"Abby, see if you can find anything on David Swalarii."
"Sure thing, McGee!" She replied, upstairs he could almost hear her grin.
"How's Bert Jr coming on?" Then the power went out in Abby's lab.
-----------------------------------------------------
Kate had been able to pull up a file or two on her computer, sadly they were the same ones Tony was already trawling through. Gibbs was reading something on his desk and Tim had just picked up his phone to call Abby. Madisyn opened the filing cabinate and clicked her tongue whilst trying to locate David Swalarii, if he even had a file that was.
"Abby?" Tim's tone caused everyone to look around at him. Gibbs in particular, putting down his piece of paper.
"Abby?" Tim tried again, already standing up, reaching into his drawer. Gibbs was already on his feet, Sig out and heading for the elevator. Tony was right on his heels, Kate following just after Tim. Madisyn pulled out her own gun and followed, taking the stairs just as the elevator doors closed.
---------------------------------------------------
Abby stood up. She wasn't exactly afraid of the dark, why would she be? Here we are talking about a girl who sleeps in a coffin, or near enough. She heard the doors open and turned.
"McGee?" She asked, peering into the gloom.
"Sorry, love. You only got me?" A gruff voice muttered out of the darkness.
"Now you just keep still and quiet like a good little girl and Davey won't have to do anything drastic." Abby didn't like the patronising tone in his voice, but before she could answer, a hand was placed over her mouth and a strong hand around her throat.

Gibbs had his gun up, stepping close to the wall, the four agents behind him in the order: Tony, Madisyn, Tim and Kate. It was dark in Abby's lab, and the door was wide open. It was only when the light flickered on did Gibbs see what was actually happening. The security guard that had just been relieved of duty was holding the forensic scientist hostage, the big automatic weapon held in his hand. Abby was blindfolded but a large hood and most probably gagged from the lack of sound she was making. She wasn't unconscience for ever now and then she shifted her position.

"Come in Agent Gibbs." Swalarii called. "But make sure all your agents put their weapons on the floor and leave them by the door. All of you must come in." The agents looked at Gibbs who nodded. They all laid down their weapons with varying degrees of reluctance. The door hissed closed behind Kate as she closed it. Gibbs stayed at the front, locking eyecontact with Swalarii.
"The Navy killed my brother." He started at a slow rate. "I want revenge."
I can see that Thought Madisyn.
"Let her go and we'll talk." Gibbs replied in a calm, collected voice.
"You think I'm just gunna let go of my only hostage? I know, goth isn't really my type, but she was all I could do on short notice."
"And what is your type?" Madisyn asked, her dark eyes watching Swalarii with interest.
"Someone more like you, or Agent Todd." David replied with the hint of a smile before it vanished. "Now, for the point. Your forensic scientist for a free passage anywhere in the world. I know you're gunna say 'we don't negotiate with hostage takers' but you don't really have a choice." He grinned this time, showing off his teeth. He shifted the gun in his hand, running it down Abby's arm. Gibbs' tried not to stiffen.

Madisyn had stayed as calm as possibly under the circumstances.
"Wouldn't you prefer to take someone more your...type?" She asked, her eyes never leaving his face as he turned to look at her. She brushed back a stray strand of brown hair.
"More...enjoyable. For you that is." She concluded. Swalarii seemed to consider this then nodded. Madisyn took a step forward but Gibbs' fingers closed around her arm.
"Where do you think you're going, Agent Kyran."
"To my job, Special Agent Gibbs." She relplied, prying Gibbs' fingers away from her arm.

What the hell is Gibbs doing, letting her go like that? Tony thought, and he wasn't usually one to question Gibbs moves. Maybe they had something planned.

Madisyn stopped in front of Swalarii who pushed Abby forward. She stumbled but was caught by Gibbs who quickly removed the hood and gave her into the care of Tim. Madisyn let Swalarii take a rough hold of her and stood perfectly calmly, one hand resting on the table behind her.
"Much better, not as tall."
"I don't wear heels." Madisyn replied, looking around the lab. She hadn't spent much time around there, so it was just a quick scan of the room.
"So, my passage to anywhere in the world?" Swalarii asked, his hand tightening on the gun.
"Where d'you want to go?" Gibbs asked, leaning against the wall.
"Now, that would be telling." Swalarii smiled. Madisyn moved her foot in a subtle movement, hoping Swalarii wouldn't notice. He didn't, too busy boasting.

She tried again, just shifting her position slightly, just enough to move backwards, or at least move her feet backwards. Finally she found what she was looking for. She had guessed that Gibbs had also noticed it, as he had let her take Abby's place. Swalarii was still having an animated discussion with Gibbs whilst Kate and Tony stood in wait, tensed for something to happen. Madisyn shifted again, this time brushing her hair out of her eyes to conceal what must've been a slightly too obvious move, because it caused Swalarii to brace his shoulders against her, forcing her forward. Well it was now or never.

Madisyn brought her foot forward. It had been looped between a thick cable that connected to come large technical instrument on the floor. Madisyn hadn't known what it was, but by the positioning of it it was just perfect. As her foot pulled it forwards, it smashed into the heels of Swalarii. The pain and shock caused him to drop his gun, which was quickly retrieved by Gibbs. Tony and Kate quickly rushed to help Madisyn steady and cuff Swalarii who was bleeding from the back of his legs. Tony pulled the man to his feet, and dragged him away limping badly. Neither Gibbs nor Madisyn had any sympathy for the man. Kate smiled at Madisyn who smiled back rubbing her neck where Swalarii's watch had left a red mark that was slowly fading.
"Well I've had quite enough excitement for one day." She commented, making her way towards the door and the stairs, leaving Kate and Gibbs look down at the blood stained and smashed piece of equiptment left for Abby. Oh she would be pleased.