- Text Size +
Story Notes:
I (as much as I would like to) do not own the characters: names, ages, places of birth (except I do share one of the places of birht), the cars, the buildings, the location, the...you get the drill. Annnnnyway. I do not make this for profit, its all just fun and coming from my imagination (and the wonderful help of the one and only Quini!)
Author's Chapter Notes:
"Take a minute and really mean it. Think hard. Did you or did you not attempt to throw him off a cliff."
Simon Payne-Field sat on the edge of the boot of his car. It has half six in the morning and he'd just finished his morning run around the park. The sun was still hidden behind the pale grey clouds that threatened rain on the rest of the day. That didn't really matter, he worked in an office and didn't have much call to go outdoors.

Simon picked up the bottle of water from the trunk and closed it, heading towards the drivers seat of his old car. Old and battered and not particually well cared for. He couldn't afford a new one, but this one was good enough to get him to work and back each day, it coud also get the kids to school or to friends houses. A perfectly servicable car or a desk worker. He slid into the drivers seat and turned the key in the ignition. The car spluttered and died. He cursed and tried again, getting the same result. He looked around the car park, maybe someone could jump start the engine for him.

Simon spotted a car just across the parking lot and walked over. He didn't see anyone inside, but the engine was still running. He peered into the front seat, seeing the man looking out of the window. He tapped on the glass.
"Hey, could ya give me a hand?" He called through the glass, but not no answer. He straightened up and walked around to the side of the car. He jumped back as he saw the drivers ashen white face, his wide staring eyes. The amount of blood on his once smart uniform.
-------------------------------------------------


Special Agent Anthony DiNozzo drummed his fingers on the desk in front of him. Special Agent Caitlin Todd glanced up at her partner, raising her eyebrows.
"Don't you have some paper work to do?" She asked.
"No." Tony replied with a brief smile. Kate didn't return it. DiNozzo without any paperwork would be something that only happened in myths and fairytales.
"You can have some of mine." Special Agent Timothy McGee ventured from his own desk. He knew Tony wouldn't take it and he didn't blame him. Tim didn't actually mind doing much paper-work, it was just...paperwork. He'd done enough of it at Norfolk.
"It's character building for you, Probie." Tony replied, taking out his cell phone.

Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs walked into the bullpen a few minutes later, a cup of coffee in his hand.
"Grab your gear. McGee, get the truck." McGee glanced at Tony, who looked cheerful. Well, more cheerful than usual. McGee caught the keys tossed at him and shouldered his pack.
"DiNozzo, pick up Agent Kyran, she's observing." Gibbs instructed Tony.

Kate glanced over at Tony as he picked up his own car keys, ready to pick up the young agent who'd only just started working at NCIS and was still observing when a case came up. She was an alright agent, green without a great deal of experience, but she was still willing to learn and didn't mind a bit of hard work. She hadn't quite grasped the 'Don't Interupt Gibbs In The Middle Of Speaking Yet.' but a few good head slaps was making it easier to understand.

Tony was just walking out to leave when Gibbs called.
"DiNozzo, have I told you where to go?" Tony froze.
"No, boss."
"Car park, Shanandoah state park."
"Yes, boss."
"You're still standing there, DiNozzo?"
"No, boss." Tony bolted through the open lift door and pressed down to get to his Mustang.
Chapter End Notes:
I (as much as I would like to) do not own the characters: names, ages, places of birth (except I do share one of the places of birht), the cars, the buildings, the location, the...you get the drill. Annnnnyway. I do not make this for profit, its all just fun and coming from my imagination (and the wonderful help of the one and only Quini!)