- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
"I just don't get it? Why do it if you couldn't remember what he'd done?"
Tony's Mustang pulled up in the carpark to Shanandoah state park. There were also two police cars, an ambulence, the NCIS truck and the NCIS Medical Examiners truck. He'd been beaten by Palmer? How embarressing. Tony pushed open the drivers door just as Special Agent Madisyn Kyran did the same to the passenger seat door.

Tony lead the way over to where Gibbs was talking to a man wrapped up in blue medical blankets and obviously in shock. His dark hair was plastered back with sweat.

"-when he didn't respond I went round to the drivers side and say his eyes open and all the...all the blood." He stuttered, pulling the blankets around his shoulders. Gibbs finished noting things down on his notepad and nodded to the medics who started talking quietly to the man as Gibbs walked off, followed by Tony and Madisyn.

"Whats the story?" Madisyn asked, catching up with Gibbs as he made his way across the parking lot to where another car stood.
"Special Agent Kyran." Gibbs greeted as if she hadn't asked a question. Madisyn shrugged, guessing she'd pick up the story as time went on.

NCIS' medical examiner was crouched over the body of the young Petty Officer. The knife was still stuck securely in his stomach. Madisyn raised her eyebrows and bent in to take a closer look. Tony was given a camera by Kate who'd been given another job. Tony started shooting the scene and the body.

"Well he wasn't killed here." Madisyn muttered over Ducky's shoulder.
"You think, Kyran." Gibbs replied with a roll of his eyes, looking at the long trail of blood leading from the car, off onto a track and into the park. Kate had obviously been sent down there to look. Tony much prefered his job.

Madisyn decided not to stand around and watch Ducky stick a delightfully long spikey liver probe into the Petty Officer's stomach and followed Kate down the path. She caught up with her as she was looking at the snapped twigs and smears of blood.

"Looks like they were in a hurry." Kate glanced up at Madisyn.
"They weren't exactly very careful." She nodded in agreement, moving off down the path. The two agents scouted out the path before finding the end to the blood trail. There was what remained of a bonfire, what seemed to be a ripped piece of a tent, covered in blood and large pool of blood and bloody leaves.

Madisyn went to fetch a camera and returned with Tony and Gibbs. Tony took the shots while the ex-marine survayed the scene with a blank look. No-one could, and no-one tried, to read his body language or his facial features.

The team took samples of the blood from different points to make sure it was all the same and bagged and tagged the ripped sheet of tent. They drove back to head-quarters with the body in the mecial examiners truck; Tim, Kate and Gibbs in the truck; Tony and Madisyn in his well cared for Mustang, and the rest just left.