- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
"Yawn...yawn...yeah right."
Gibbs walked into the bullpen, looking around. Only one desk lamp was on, and that was Tim’s desk. Madisyn flicked through a file, every now and then typing something into the computer.
“Kyran?” Madisyn looked up at the sound of her name. “Call DiNozzo, Kate and McGee.” He seated himself at his desk and picked up his own phone.
“Why?” Madisyn questioned, but she didn’t get an answer. She shrugged and picked up her own cell phone, picking out Tony’s number as it was at the beginning of her phone book.
“DiNozzo.” Came the weary reply after the second ring. Madisyn could hear Gibbs talking to Kate.
“Tony, anything weird happened today?”
“What, except the usual of McKain vanishing?” He asked with his usual sarcastic tone.
“I mean at home?”
“A cat got into my living room somehow.” He replied. “But nothing else, why?”
“Don’t know, Gibbs asked. I’ve got another call to make, see you tomorrow.”
“Yeah, okay. Bye Maddie.”

She looked up at Gibbs who had just got off the phone with Tim.
“What was that about?” She asked, crossing her legs.
“Got a tip off.” Gibbs replied before getting up and heading for the elevators.
“So much for answers.” Madisyn muttered before heading back to her case file.

About ten minutes later her cell phone rang. She looked at the caller ID and smiled.
“Hey, Kate.” She picked up.
“Hey, Madisyn. Gibbs woke me up and I doubt going back to sleeps gunna be an option tonight. Want to catch a drink?”
“Sure, got any ideas where?”
“I know a place down the street, come to mine I’ll show you.” Madisyn hung up and gathered her things, heading off towards her car.
Madisyn knocked on Kate’s door and it opened oddly quickly. Kate smiled and grabbed her coat from behind the door.
“Were you waiting for the door to open?” Madisyn asked as they walked down the quiet street.
“Well, I didn’t have much else to do. The power in my building’s gone.”
“I did notice that, but I didn’t think to mention it.” Madisyn replied with a grin, brushing her dark brown hair behind her shoulders. Kate nodded, a matching smile curving her own lips.

About three minutes after leaving Kate’s apartment building, a dark car pulled up. The two women didn’t pay much attention. A few cars had been passing as they walked down the street, chatting cheerfully. A figure stepped out of the driver’s seat before being followed down the road by three other dark figures. The driver buttoned up his smart suit and removed his shades.
“Excuse me, ladies.” His Australian accent cut clear through the night. Kate and Madisyn turned. The stranger smiled.
“I’m lost, could you direct me to the nearest police station.” Madisyn smiled slightly.
“Straight ahead, take two lefts and a right. It’s right ahead of you.”
“Thanks.” The Australian replied. Kate and Madisyn turned to go, to be faced with two large suited men. Kate’s hand moved to her gun, but the Australian rested his own .347 caliber shooter on her hand. Madisyn had her hands seized from behind and something whacked into the base of her neck. She went limp. Kate opened her mouth to scream, but a needle was pushed into her neck and tiredness suddenly swept over her. She tried to hold on, but the darkness became so warm and welcoming.
“Into the car.” The Australian muttered, helping one of the men take Madisyn whilst another picked up Kate. The car skidded away just as the only car to drive around the corner since the Australian drove up came around the corner.
Chapter End Notes:
Sorry it took so long. Tum ti tum...