- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Who will catch DiNozzo when he falls?
Chapter Forty-One

When Gibbs arrived back up in the bullpen, McGee has something for him. “I can link Agent Lee’s last phone call to a place where Kamisnski is known, he’s probably still there waiting for her to call him back and with this and the other evidence we have, it’s likely we’ll be able to make a charge stick this time and have him held without bail,” McGee told Gibbs.

Gibbs smiled. “Good job, McGee. Where’s Ziva? We need to move on this now!”

“She’s just getting the arrest warrant from Legal, who have been asking whether we know where Agent Lee is. I told them she was sent home sick so as not to alert anyone to the fact that we’d found our mole. You’ve sent her to Central Holding, haven’t you?” McGee asked.

“Yes, she’s on her way there now, good thinking with Legal, we don’t need anyone tipping off Kamisnski that we have our mole.” Gibbs started to prepare his things so that once Ziva appeared with the warrant they would be able to move straight away and hopefully find and arrest Kamisnski on the charges laid out in the warrant.

He pulled out his jacket, holster and ID and put them all on in the right places, he watched McGee do the same and when Ziva arrived with the warrant, he was surprised to see her dressed up and ready to go. His team had anticipated this move and that made him all the more glad that they worked for him.

“Come on, this man has had it coming for a long time,” he said as he headed to the elevator with his capable team following him. The only person missing was Tony, but hopefully in a month or two that would no longer be the case - which reminded Gibbs that he still had to speak to the Director about when Tony could return to work. That would have to wait until the next time he was in the Navy Yard because right now, he had a criminal to put behind bars where he should have been days ago.

~*~

They came across Kamisnski quite by surprise really, as if the god of luck was looking down on them and giving them what they needed to help Tony out after giving him so much bad luck. He was at the same place from where he’d phoned Agent Lee to collect her information and give her new instructions.

Seeing him in the window, Gibbs ducked back and mouthed to McGee and Ziva that one of them should cover the back and the other the front of the café whilst Gibbs himself went in and served the warrant. He was looking forward to placing tight cuffs on the man who had ordered the rape of his partner.

He entered the café, not looking at Kamisnski and trying to pass himself off as a regular customer so as not to arouse suspicion to make the man run, he would wait until he was sure his team were covering all the exists before serving the warrant.

“What can I get for you, sir?” the lady behind the counter asked.

“Large coffee, black, to go, please,” Gibbs said, keeping his voice low so that Kamisnski couldn’t hear him over the conversations going on around the café. He took the coffee from the lady and paid her, again with only a nod as a thank you so that Kamisnski wouldn’t hear his voice, see him and run.

He sauntered his way to where Kamisnski was sitting, working on his laptop and oblivious to the fact that three NCIS Agents had him surrounded and this time, even his lawyers couldn’t help him. He whispered his position in to the comms unit in his sleeve and waited to hear back from McGee and Ziva that they were also in position before he dared approach Kamisnski.

“In position,” he whispered, making it seem like the most natural thing in the world.

“Same here, boss,” McGee said over the comms unit.

“I am ready,” Ziva told him. It was time to make their move and bring this bastard down.

“On my count,” Gibbs hissed. “One… two…three. Federal Agents! Drop your weapon!” Gibbs shouted across the café, his sig aimed at the back of Kamisnski’s head.

Ziva and McGee entered from their positions and had their guns drawn. They made their way through the café to cover Gibbs and secure the man in question.

Kamisnski didn’t say much as they read him his rights and handcuffed him - the whole time, Gibbs kept his sig pointed at the back of his head. He did seem surprised that they had found him, but said nothing until they had him in the back of the car on their way to the Navy Yard.

“I suppose something has happened to Special Agent DiNozzo for you to sweep down and arrest me like this,” he said, smoothly.

“You know full well what happened to Agent DiNozzo, you ordered it,” Gibbs told him.

“I have to admire your persistence, Agent Gibbs, but I’m afraid this is classed as harassment, and if you’re not careful you may find yourself in a similar situation to the one Agent DiNozzo is in now,” Kamisnski said, a smug grin on his face. Gibbs wanted to reach back and wipe it off his face, but he also knew if he did that there was a chance that Kamisnski’s lawyers would have something against him and find a way to get him released on bail and he did not want that, so he left it alone and said nothing more.

“I am intrigued as to how you found me. Been using warrants, I hope at least, to track my credit card and cell phone calls?” he asked, speaking to no one in particular.

“If I were you, Kamisnski, I’d take advantage of the right to remain silent before you finish digging your own grave,” Gibbs replied, refusing to look in the rear view mirror and meet Kamisnski’s gaze.

“Finish? How do you know I’ve even started?” Kamisnski asked Gibbs, goading him and desperate for the old Federal Agent to react.

“Trust me on this one, you’ll be lucky to see the light of day again when we’re finished with you and not even your fancy lawyers will help you get out of it.”

“That’s what you said last night, and yet, there I was, in a café enjoying a nice cup of Cinnamon Dolce Latte and you have to arrest me again,” Kamisnski said, goading again, but he seemed to be enjoying himself.

“Oh, this time you’ll be going nowhere. Your stunt at the hospital produced witnesses that could identify you out of a line up. I’d put the shovel down now and wait until you have a lawyer to advise you,” Gibbs said, wearing his own smug grin.

Kamisnski said nothing more as they drove to the Navy Yard. Once they were there, Ziva and McGee took him down to Interrogation and watched him through the two-way mirror in the observation room. Gibbs had gone to get coffee and let Kamisnski sweat because he was pretty damn sure that this time, he’d get his man.