- Text Size +
Story Notes:
No character is mine - they belong to the greedy people at Paramount and CBS =[ Most of the Tony vs. his parents stories I have read, have coloured Mr. and Mrs. DiNozzo as evil people. I thought it'd be nice to have a story where Tony still holds a loving relationship with his parents. And I do realise that it is implied in the show that Tony's mother is dead, but for the sake of my imagination, she has miraculously returned! =] Feedback would be greatly appreciated =]
Author's Chapter Notes:
"No, Tony," He stepped closer, a small smile playing on his lips. "It should happen more often."
Tony stared at the cellphone display. Knowing Gibbs had stalked up to MTAC, he had a window to quickly take the call without any interruptions - boss-like or otherwise. He flipped open the phone as he stood up, hopping out of the cubicle space.

"Tony-"

Tony turned his back at the bullpen, waving his arm violently at McGee's voice.

"Ciao, Papà." He said quietly. He walked to the corner, by the staircase - his hiding place for secret phone calls, though they never were left secret.

"I'm alright," He rubbed his forehead. "Just having a rough week, is all." Or a rough year. He hadn't spoken to either of his parents for that long. The last time he had spoken to them was after he'd recovered from the plague.

He leaned up against the wall, his temple resting on the hard plaster. He could feel the heat radiating from his face, his eyes beginning to tear up slightly.

"Yeah, it has been a while. We should-" He swallowed the lump in his throat. "We should have dinner sometime. Mi manchi."

Tony chuckled at his father's reply, quickly wiping away the tear that was rolling down his cheek. He knew he had to stop - he was at work. Special Agents don't cry. More so, Gibbs' Special Agents don't cry.

"Of course I haven't lost my Italian tongue. Don't worry," He paused, trying to gain back some composure. "How is Mamma?"

He'd always felt a little closer to his mother. After all, he had gotten his sense of humour from her - something that has helped him through many hardships in his life. He'd only received his looks and an appreciation for the finer things in life from his father, but he still loved him - all the same, he still loved them both.

"That's good." Tony heard the distinct 'clunks' that came with Gibbs' stomping down the stairs. He knew he had to finish quickly, but there was still something on his mind. Something he needed to know.

"Papà-" he furrowed his brows, trying to find his voice. "Mi ami ancora?"

The next few seconds were painfully long. Everything around him fell silent as he listened to his father's words - words of love and reassurance.

Tony smiled. "Grazie, Papà." He looked over quickly to the bullpen - Gibbs wasn't there.

"Listen, Papà. I have to go. Send my love to Mamma and-" He shrugged to himself. "Non vedo l'ora di vederti"

Pushing himself from the wall, he took a step towards the bullpen. "Ti amo." He closed the cell phone.

He pocketed the phone and rubbed his face. He'd just tell people he was tired if someone asked anything.

"DiNozzo."

Busted by the boss - again. He really needs to keep an eye on that man.

Tony turned around, his face frozen in anticipation of the slap.

"Won't happen again, Boss." He flashed his wide smile.

Gibbs stood silent, giving him a look. "No, Tony," He stepped closer, a small smile playing on his lips. "It should happen more often."

The two men stood silently together.


Fin.


---------------------------

This is what I was able to conjure up using WordReference.com

Ciao, Papà - Hi, Dad
Mi manchi - I miss you
Mi ami ancora? - Do you still love me?
Grazie, Papà - Thank you, Dad
Non vedo l'ora di vederti - I can't wait to see you
Ti amo - I love you

Any help/feedback would be greatly appreciated
Chapter End Notes:
No character is mine - they belong to the greedy people at Paramount and CBS =[

Most of the Tony vs. his parents stories I have read, have coloured Mr. and Mrs. DiNozzo as evil people. I thought it'd be nice to have a story where Tony still holds a loving relationship with his parents.

Feedback would be greatly appreciated =]