- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Was he too late? Gibbs/Ziva drabble
Title: Should Have
Author: CJ aka WritinginCT
Fandom: NCIS
Pairing: Gibbs/Ziva
Rating: FR7
Warnings: None
Categories: Drabble, Angst
Disclaimer: I don’t own the recognizable characters I’m just inspired by them. Hopefully they’ve had fun playing in my sandbox.
Note: Written for the NCISDrabble100 prompt #86 “Too Late”
Summary: Was he too late?
Status: Complete 5/12/08 215 Words

---------------

He watched the plane taxi down the runway and felt his heart breaking. She was leaving. Really leaving. Leaving the job, leaving the country, leaving him. She was going... home. Home to a place a half a world away from him. And he was too late to stop her. He watched through the window as the plane lined up for its takeoff, his hand on the cool glass as if he could stop the plane by the sheer force of his will alone. He should have told her how he felt, should have told her he didn't want her to leave, should have told her he loved her. But it was too late for any of that now. It was too late to even say goodbye, and the last angry words he had flung at her when he found out she was leaving rang in his ears. As the plane took off, he dropped his hand and with his eyes on the floor turned to go as he whispered to himself, “Too late.” He had taken only a step or two when a soft voice asked him, “Too late for what, Jethro?” He looked up to meet Ziva's eyes and as the grin spread across his face he knew that somehow it wasn't too late.

---------------
the end.