- Text Size +
Chapter Seven

Tony was struck by Gibbs’ intensity; by the way the other man stared at him. Gibbs had just promised that they’d work things out despite Tony’s resignation, and that felt…good. After all that had happened, Gibbs’ faith grounded him. Tony didn’t feel like quite the screw up, even though he knew he he’d never stop blaming himself for what happened in LA. SecNav and Vance held him responsible as well. Tony knew his career was pretty much toast now.

Tony stood, walking over to the dresser and stroking his hand over the flogger reverently. It was a beautiful piece of work and he couldn’t wait to have it on his body. But Gibbs was right; there was no point in doing this the wrong way. They’d damage this bond between them, and they both needed this right now.

Tony was sick and tired of hurting"the guilt and anguish were crushing down on him. From Vance’s snarky comments and pointed looks to Ziva’s penetrating stares. And then when Gibbs had arrived, instead of saving the day, he’d look defeated, older, crushed. That wasn’t the Gibbs he knew and relied on. Tony didn’t want to see the chinks in Gibbs’ armor.

It was going to take Tony a long time to forget the sound of Gibbs’ voice when he’d delivered the news. Gibbs had called Jenny’s cell phone and when Tony’d spoken instead, there had been an edge in Gibbs’ voice Tony had only heard once before"when they’d spent the night drinking after Pacci died. For so long Gibbs had been the rock that held the team together and hearing his breath shuddering, even in that moment before he got himself together, that was still hard to come to terms with.

Then being shuffled to Agent Afloat on the day of Jenny’s funeral. That was a damned low bow and the last straw for him. Director Vance wasn’t ever gonna give Tony a break. After seven years on the team he was being shoved into a promotion he didn’t want. And Tony"not to mention both Vance and Gibbs"knew it was a punishment.

“Stop,” Gibbs said in that stern voice and Tony shivered.

“What?” he asked in reply, his body reacting to the command. Hell, his psyche reacted to the command, sitting up and begging for more.

“You’re thinking about all of this. It’s too much, Tony. Let it go until tomorrow. Bed now.”

“It’s still early,” Tony replied without thinking. He hadn’t meant to challenge Gibbs, no matter how subtly, and he winced, waiting for the fallout he knew was coming.

“You trust me?” Gibbs asked in that same low voice as before, the gentle tone giving way to one rougher and controlled.

“Yes.” Tony looked up at the other man, meeting his gaze. There was no way Tony would look away, even though a part of him wanted to. He sensed that this was an important moment in their growing relationship and he had no interest in screwing this up.

“You put yourself in my hands, DiNozzo. Means I know best. Means I make the rules. Got it?”

Tony nodded, fists clenching and releasing nervously. The intensity of the night wasn’t ending; it seemed to be a living thing that just kept sustaining itself, fading only to roar back with stronger purpose and even more enthusiasm. Tony was emotionally drained; he just wanted a place to rest his head and forget.

“Got it?” Gibbs replied and this time he snapped out the words, a verbal whip crack that ended on a low growl. Every nerve ending on Tony’s body awoke and took notice, a full-body shiver tearing through him. Gibbs eyes glowed in a way Tony had never seen before"a primal thread of command and control connecting them both. Even if Tony had wanted to resist, there was no point in doing so. He couldn’t win this game. He wasn’t even in the ballpark.

“Got it.”

“Thought so. Get to bed.” Gibbs’ hand roamed down to Tony’s neck and he squeezed it gently, one warm calloused finger drawing circles at the top of Tony’s spine. The approval in Gibbs’ voice poured through Tony, warming him from the inside out. Even though it was a nice May evening, he was cold"emotionally, if not physically as well.

“Here? Alone?” Tony asked, needing clarification and direction. When he stayed with Gibbs, it was always in the spare bedroom, but Gibbs had never had him naked and bent over a dresser before. That tended to change things.

“Here. You’re mine now, Tony. Earned the right to sleep in my bed.”

“Didn’t earn anything.” Tony replied, shaking his head, confused. Were they Master and sub now, or Boss and subordinate or something else entirely? Tony didn’t know how to interact with Gibbs on this intimate a level. It was scary, even though it felt right.

“Ya did. You came to me.” The confidence in Gibbs’ voice gave Tony hope that maybe someday he’d be that certain of something. Anything. He’d been adrift since Jeanne had left and now he didn’t think he even had an anchor any more. “Putting your faith and trust in me.”

Tony watched as Gibbs stepped away, slowly and methodically taking all of his clothes off, revealing a toned chest dusted with silvery hairs, muscular legs and from what Tony could see, an all-over tan. Gibbs bent over, his back to Tony as he pulled off his pants and Tony checked out an ass that would have been impressive on a man twenty years Gibbs’ junior.

“Enjoying the view?” Gibbs asked, turning and Tony gulped when he got a glimpse of Gibbs’ cock. It was impressive at semi-hard and when it was fully hard…Tony’s mouth watered.

“On your knees,” Gibbs suddenly barked and Tony fell to the carpet without thinking about it, hands coming to rest at the small of his back, head down. He was bathed in the scent of Gibbs where it was strongest, Gibbs’ suddenly fully hard cock jutting out And almost brushing his cheek.

Gibbs’ hand came to rest on Tony’s head and he lightly fisted Tony’s hair. “Look at me.”

Tony’s head came up until he was staring into Gibbs’ eyes. “Sir?” The acknowledgment of power crackled in the air between them. This was the way it was supposed to be. Gibbs was the Dom and Tony was his sub. No matter what else happened, Tony knew he could cling to this as a safe harbor. He had a new anchor now and he wasn’t about to screw this up.

“Trust me,” Gibbs whispered, his hand running down Tony’s face. He tucked a finger under Tony’s chin, motioning for him to stand. “Trust me.”

“I do,” Tony insisted.

“In your soul. Trust me down deep. I’m gonna have you submit to me like you never submitted before. You need to put everything in my hands, even the things that scare you.”

“I’m not new to this, Gibbs. I know how submission works.”

“This isn’t a scene in a fetish club, Tony. It’s you being taken care of on a deeper level than you imagined.” Gibbs paused, moving closer. Their cocks brushed and Tony let out a strangled groan at the feel of moist hard flesh gliding over his. “Your biggest fear.”

“What is?” Tony asked, distracted by the feel of Gibbs’ body so close.

“Your biggest fear,” Gibbs repeated, an edge to his voice now. “Letting someone in. Someone caring about you, DiNozzo.”

“I…” Tony started, but bit his lip when Gibbs made a slashing motion in the air with his hand.

“This goes beyond sex games, Tony. You need someone to watch over you. I want to be that man. We’re gonna play, but we’re gonna be more than just sex. Put your trust in me. I want more than your body, Tony. I want your heart and soul.”

That was a lot harder to come to terms with. Tony watched Gibbs, not quite knowing what to say. Nobody had ever wanted him like this, and it was coming at a time when Tony’s professional and personal confidence had been shaken to their very roots.

“Don’t have to decide tonight. Just stay here. Don’t need to be alone. We’ll discuss it in the morning. Can you give yourself that?”

After a long hesitation, Tony nodded. This was the start of something incredible. He just had to summon up the courage to let Gibbs in.