[Reviews - 0] Printer
Summary: With everything on the line, both Mac and Shannon take a stand for Jethro, with disastrous result. CSINY/NCIS crossover. Choose Your Own Adventure in the Firestorm Universe.
Rated: PG
Categories: Het, Gibbs/Other, Other Het Pairings Characters: Leroy Jethro Gibbs
Genre: Alternate Universe, Angst, Drama, Established relationship, Hurt/Comfort
Pairing: Gibbs/Other
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: No
Word count: 22701 Read: 15978
Published: 06/04/2008 Updated: 10/02/2008
Story Notes:
Author Notes: Firestorm Universe. New branch of the Firestorm tree! We decided to do a 'choose your own adventure' type of storyline following New Year, New Promise. At the end of that story, Mac had left Jethro, believing he was planning to marry Shannon and hadn't been honest. We figured that there were three options.

Option A) Mac left for good, permanently.
Option B) Mac and Jethro broke up, at least temporarily.
Option C) Mac and Jethro's relationship survived.

This story takes Option C and goes with it. Option B is examined in Bittersweet Symphony. Option A's story is still being written but we'll see if we can't post something sooner rather than later, since it is already of epic length.

As always, we hope you enjoy our universe!


Thanks for reading :)

**If you haven't read the previous stories in this series, here is what you need to know.**

Mac and Jethro were injured together in the Beirut bombings in 1983. In the wake of the bombings, they became lovers. Mac's family knows and is very supportive of their relationship. Jethro's family is gone, but he watches after Shannon Kendall, his former next-door neighbor, who is only seventeen and is being supported by Jethro. On New Year's Eve, Jethro introduced Mac to Shannon. Shannon said some things that made Mac believe that she and Jethro were getting married soon, even though Jethro had just committed to Mac. Mac slipped away while Jethro and Shan were talking and went to his quarters, where he found a letter detailing his medical discharge from the marines.

Feeling completely lost and alone, Mac went to a hotel and started drinking, calling his parents and frightening the life out of them with his depression. They promised to come to him from their home in Chicago, but Mac was planning to leave everyone, the threat of self-inflicted harm a very strong possibility. Jethro and Shannon, not understanding why Mac left, have been out looking for him as well.

1. Beginning Again by silverfoxfiles [Reviews - 0] (0 words)
With everything on the line, both Mac and Shannon take a stand for Jethro, with disastrous result. CSINY/NCIS crossover. Choose Your Own Adventure in the Firestorm Universe.

2. Beginning Again Ch 2 by silverfoxfiles [Reviews - 0] (0 words)
Fallout...

3. Chapter 3 by silverfoxfiles [Reviews - 0] (0 words)

4. BA Ch 4 by silverfoxfiles [Reviews - 0] (0 words)