- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
If you're lucky, reality is better than "what ifs" Gbbs/Ziva, drabble

Written for the LJ NCISDrabble100 prompt #8 (Love story without using the word 'love')
Author: CJ aka WritinginCT
Fandom: NCIS
Pairing: Gibbs/Ziva
Rating: FR7
Warnings: None
Categories: Drabble, Romance
Disclaimer: I don't own the recognizable characters I'm just inspired by them. Hopefully they've had fun playing in my sandbox.
Note: Written for the LJ NCISDrabble100 prompt #8 (Love story without using the word 'love')
Summary: If you're lucky, reality is better than "what ifs"
Status: Complete 5/20/08 288 Words

---------------

Their story began through the violence of a madman, a madman she was related to. They were forever bonded when she killed that madman that was her brother to save him. And as time went by, they each wondered "what if" occasionally. But it wasn't until a bomb stole a decade and a half of his life from him that they broke. In that quiet, dark hospital room he held her and remembered, remembered not just the reality, but all of his "what ifs" as well, she had never forgotten hers. But his guilt brought on by the fresh grief of losing his first family wouldn't let him acknowledge his wanting of the "what ifs" and he left. And left her behind. But it only took one phone call from her to pull him home. To save her.

And after he had saved her, she saved him. They met in his basement, where it all began, and a hug of gratitude turned into a kiss better than any of their "what ifs". They never looked back, and never again had to wonder "what if".

Their story had many bumps in the road, and several detours along the way. And one could argue that the denouement to their tale was any one of a series of events. But if you were to ask them, they would both say without hesitation that it was the day that Ziva gave her husband Jethro his first son. Because everything they felt for each other, everything that was the foundation of their story, had been brought to life and now lay wrapped snugly in a blue blanket as he slept between the two people whose story he was the happy ending to.

---------------
the end.