- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
She had hidden the symbols well... Gibbs/Ziva, drabble

Written for the LJ NCISDrabble100 prompt #48 "Tattoo"
Title: Hidden Symbols
Author: CJ aka WritinginCT
Fandom: NCIS
Pairing: Gibbs/Ziva
Rating: FR7
Warnings: None
Categories: Drabble, Romance
Disclaimer: I don't own the recognizable characters I'm just inspired by them. Hopefully they've had fun playing in my sandbox.
Note: Written for the LJ NCISDrabble100 prompt #48 "Tattoo"
Summary: She had hidden the symbols well...
Status: Complete 5/17/08 255 Words

---------------

He was fascinated. He traced the intricate designs first with his eyes, then he ghosted over them with his fingers. It was the first opportunity he had to see the tattoo on her back, she and Abby had attended a weekend spa retreat where the ancient art of henna tattooing was practiced and both she and Abby came back decorated.

His eyes followed every line of the pair of entwined serpentine dragons that took up her entire back, one drawn more feminine, one more masculine. But both drawn equally strong and equally fierce, with only one weakness, they shared a single heart between them, and if one died so would the other. They were chasing a dove of peace that was just out of their reach. As Gibbs explored all of the intricacies of the design he noticed something, something that would easily have been overlooked at first or second glance, but his analyzing eye caught it. Worked into the design of the male dragon's scales were the letters of his name, skillfully hidden in plain sight. He smiled as he looked at the female dragon to see Ziva's name hidden among its scales.

He followed the dragons' path towards the dove and he leaned in and gently kissed the spot on her back where the dove resided with shalom worked into its feathers. And as he took it all in he understood the symbolism. He and Ziva were two halves of a single heart, chasing a dream of peace that was always just out of their reach, together.

---------------
the end.