- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Kate is told about Lily and Gibbs' and Tony's life.
13. Chapter: Dinner

“Okay tell me!” Kate started as soon as they were seated in the small dinner, Gibbs had chosen. Tony and Jethro told her the story of Lily, why they lived together, about Lil’s severe illness and other things.

“So you two really live together?”

“Yeah, Lil and I moved in shortly after her first birthday.”

“Wow. And it’s working?”

“Sure why not?” Tony asked astound.

“Well, for once you’re always talking, you’re get on everybody’s nerve really fast and well Gibbs is really grumpy and I don’t understand how this is working.” Kate ended while Tony snorted.

“Gibbs grumpy? Maybe before his first coffee but when he’s with Lily he is as mild as a dove.”

The Marine just ignored those two and kept Lillian busy while they waited for their meal.

“What about her mother? You ever saw her again?” Kate asked silently.

“No and we don’t need her. She left and we had to handle it on our own. We did it, it wasn’t easy, there were some faults but nevertheless, we got so far " all without her!”

Caitlin was impressed. She wouldn’t have thought Tony was able to any kind of deep feelings, but his care and love for his daughter was really good and remarkable.

“As far as I know Tony, you’re a real great dad. Lily is happy to have you two!”

Tony just smirked while Gibbs nodded shortly; he wasn’t really good with compliments.

Soon enough they all had their meal. Kate had a small salad with chicken, while Gibbs and Tony had steak. Lily had pasta with meatballs.

“Daddy, I wanna fries!”

“Lillian!” Gibbs urged.

“Sorry. Daddy I wanna fries please!”

“Sure honey!” Tony answered laughing while giving her some of his fries on her plate.

“Sank you!” she answered while munching the chips.

Soon enough they finished their meal and they were sitting and talking.

“So Katie, how about you and children?” Tony asked and winked.

“Well, I don’t know, some day maybe but not yet!”

“Daddy can I go to the playroom?” Lily asked while Gibbs took her out of the high chair.

“Sure, com’on I take you!” he answered while taking her hand and went to the adjoining

room.

“Unbelievable!” Kate exclaimed and took a sip of her red wine.

“Yeah, well I couldn’t believe it either this one night. But he’s so great with her, a real born daddy.”

“So she has you to guys twisted around her finger, hasn’t she?” Kate laughed while observing Gibbs face.

“Undoubtedly, but she is such a great kid. I already fear the moment she’s getting interested in boys. Definitely going to be a hard time and I really don’t want to know Tony’s reaction as soon as he finds out.” They both laughed loudly about that picture.