- Text Size +
14. Chapter: Fathers day I

The life in the Gibbs/DiNozzo household took a normal course. Although there were also hard times, all in all everything went the right way. Sometimes Tony and Jethro couldn’t believe how fast everything happened. Lillian was nearly two already and seemed to grow every day. Lately she seemed to be in her defiant phase and things weren’t as easy as they were used to. The little girl knew exactly that she had those two guys wrapped around her little finger and got nearly everything she wanted. When those two guys were now stopping her to do things or weren’t giving her what she wanted she started to scream and wouldn’t stop. Tony was clearly the weak one, wanting to give his little angle everything she wanted as long as she was happy and smiling, but Gibbs often had to stop his senior agent.

After another tearful morning, because Lily wanted to wear her new white dress to child care, although it was heavily raining, Gibbs and Tony sat grumpily in the office and yearned for bygone days when Lily has been their small little angel.

Around midday Abby, Ducky and Gerald showed up and together with Kate they called the two stressed daddies to them.

“Do you know what day it is?” Abby asked them.

“Yeah Wednesday why?” Tony asked while chewing on the back of his pen.

“No I mean the date!” Abby explained and waited again.

“19th of June, why?” Gibbs answered not really excited by this game.

“Okay. You won’t do it easy, will you? So what does it mean for the weekend?”

“Hmm it’s the weekend from 22nd to 23rd June!” Tony answered smiling a little bit.

“Guys forget about it. They don’t want their present!” Abs said to her three conspirators.

“Present? What present?” Tony asked quickly.

“Well if you would know what day we have on Sunday, you would know what present.” Kate answered and rolled her eyes.

Tony looked shortly to Jethro and then sprinted to his computer to look up the reason for a present.

“Fathers day!” he muttered to himself and than again louder to all of them.

“Right!” Abby cheered.

“And because we know that you’ve had a very difficult time in the last few weeks, we have a small present for you.” Ducky explained and Gerald gave them a small envelope.

It had a voucher for a double hotel room in Chicago and tickets for a small sailing cruise at a big local sail festival.

Gibbs didn’t know what to say to this present. Ever since Tony and Lily were living with him, Tony had helped him with the boat. The young agent loved to sand the wood and feel the structure of it.

“Oh man this is so great guys.” Tony said and tried to hide the small tear in his left eye.

“Yeah…hmm…thank you!” Gibbs quickly answered and then flew to his desk. He really wasn’t an expert with emotions.

“What about Lily?” DiNozzo asked after reading the presents again.

“Well we take care of her!” Abs said as if the question in itself was stupid.

“I don’t know.” The young Italian suddenly said and backpedalled.

“What? Why?” Kate asked astound.

“Well Lily isn’t very easy at the moment. Even Gibbs and I have problems with her, and we are much closer to her than you are.”

“Hey, we’re four adults. We will handle one weekend with the little whirlwind.” Gerald laughed.

Tony wasn’t so sure about it, but in the end the others could convince him that some time away could do wonders.
Chapter End Notes:
I am reaaaaaaaaaaaaally sorry it took so long. Promise the next chapter will be there tomorrow.