- Text Size +
15. Chapter: Father's Day II

A few days later the “two fathers” were finally in the windy city. The journey nearly fell through because Lily burst into tears when she heard that her two daddies would leave her for a whole weekend. She run to her room and hid in her closet, refusing to come out again. Tony was almost in tears as well and tried to convince Gibbs that they couldn’t leave under these circumstances. But after a few well chosen words from the Ex-marine, he got Lily to leave her room and be happy to stay with Ducky and his funny mum; and Tony to get his bag, give his daughter a kiss and into the waiting taxi.

As soon as the two NCIS agents got to their room Tony dialled the familiar number to the Mallard Mansion to talk with his little girl. She happily told him about the “cutie little” dogs of Mrs. Mallard and from the sweet pony of the neighbour she was allowed to ride while staying with the Mallards. Tony was relieved to hear that she was calm " and especially happy " again and started to relax.

“Com’on super-dad, we’re going for a walk to the lake.” Gibbs smiled after the call and led DiNozzo out of the room.

They slowly walked to the harbour and eyed the many boats.

“Oh God, look at that one.” Tony exclaimed delighted like a little boy and observed an older motor sailor with big eyes.

“We should build one of them, Gibbs. Than we can big cruises and sleep aboard!”

“Well actually, we should finish a small one first before you reach for the stars!” came the gruff answer.

“Com’on Gibbs. Imagine, we finish working, sell the house, take Lily and just sail over the seas, learn to know the world, live without worries.” Tony started to dream.

“Yeah, well I don’t think that living on a 20ft ling boat with just water all around and a three year old would be much fun and in addition without money.”

“I don’t think that the money part would be a problem” the young Italian muttered while going to the next row of boats.

The older man decided not to go into it and strolled slowly after the young man.

After their leisurely walk they went to a big steak house for dinner and then went back to their hotel.

When Tony awoke the next morning the second bed was empty. Slowly he stretched and then grabbed his mobile, before returning it to the desk. 9am on Sunday morning was probably too early to disturb Ducky and besides his daughter was likely still asleep. He took his clothes and then went to take a shower.

As he returned to the room he saw that Gibbs was back.

“Morning sleepyhead, I’ve bought breakfast. We have to be at the harbour at 10:30h, so hurry up.”

The cruise was really great. They sailed on a big schooner with 80ft and it was really really old. While Gibbs enjoyed helping with the sails and ropes, Tony sat aside taking pleasure in feeling the wind, the waves and the sun. The trip lasted 5 hours and they had been really lucky with the weather. The sun shone but there was enough wind as well.

DiNozzo was really giddy when they returned on shore, Jethro was really tired, the work on the big ship was really exhausting, but he was happy nevertheless. At the same time he felt kind of sad that it’d would still take long till his own boat was finally finished and he could sail more often. It seems as if he would have to bring Tony to help a lot more with his small boat so it wouldn’t take years!

After a small dinner in one of the seafood places at the harbour, they returned to their hotel to get their luggage and returned home to their little girl.
Re
Chapter End Notes:
as promised the second part of father's day. I finished the story now (just have the terrible task to transcripe it to the computer). I'm thinking about a second part, more concentrating on the relationship of Gibbs and Tony. If anybody is interesting in helping me, I have never done it before, I'd be very happy. Just send me a message.