- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Companion piece to the father's day chapters.
16. Chapter: Lily’s weekend without parents
While the two men had fun on the boat, the four remaining members of the team tried to distract their little daughter as much as possible. As soon as they saw the two daddies off at Gibbs’ house on Saturday Kate and Abby took Lillian to the zoo to visit the new born elephant baby. This took them nearly all afternoon and afterwards they took her to Ducky. He had made a big dinner with all the favourite food of the little girl. The culmination was a big chocolate cake. Everything seemed to be going well. They’ve had a lot of fun at the zoo, Lily even took part in a competition to colour her favourite animal at the zoo. On the way home Lily just asked once for Daddy and Uncle Jet. Just as good was the dinner. Lily noticeable enjoyed being the centre of this whole attention. But when Ducky told her it was bedtime, she asked for her guardians as well as her own four-poster bed.
Kate tried to calm her down, after Ducky had told her that she was spending the night with them and the little girl started to cry. Should this really be the first night without her two daddies and without her normal stuff all around her?
“Com’on honey. It’s fine. You know us all, don’t you? Nothing will happen to you. And tomorrow your daddy and Jethro will be back home.”
She wasn’t very successful. Lily was still crying and looking with sad big eyes to Kate.
“Just the same as her father’s.” the agent thought while thinking about a different way to distract the little DiNozzo. Suddenly Abby came along, sat down next to Kate and took her goddaughter in her arms.
“Well, it’s good your two guys aren’t there because we all are having a big pj-party and have looooooots of fun.”
In the end they could convince Lily about the fun of having a night-out without Gibbs and Tony. It wasn’t really a good pj-party but at least the tears dried and Lily showed her DiNozzo-smile more often.
At night Abby slept together with Lily in one of the big old guest beds while Kate and Gerald each were just one door away.
The next morning Lillian was really exciting about seeing her men again and so the four adults had lot of quarrel to get her eating her breakfast.
After breakfast Kate, Abby and Lily left together with Gerald to go to the local indoor pool. Since being a little girl Lillian was a real keen swimmer. So since her second birthday Tony tried to take her regularly to the pool.
They played with her the whole day in and out of the water and in the end they had a really tired little girl when they went to the airport to pick up the missing team members.
Chapter End Notes:
sorry that it took so long, everything is so busy at the moment.

have fun