- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Just a sweet short chapter
17. Chapter: Saturday morning

A normal work free weekend meant for Gibbs to have the first hours on Saturday morning all by himself. It was pointless to try to wake the two DiNozzos up before 11:30am.

Apart from all the other traits Lily also inherited the possibility to sleep as long as possible and in any possible place from her dad. Sometimes Gibbs wondered if there’s anything from her mother in this girl, because she was a real little DiNozzo.

Shaking his head from his thoughts, Gibbs took his cup of coffee and went to the living room to start with the newspaper. On every other moment it would be impossible to read the news as the DiNozzos wouldn’t allow him one quiet minute throughout the day.

As soon as he was up to date he brought his coffee cup back to the kitchen, grabbed his sweater and left for the basement. As nice as it was to work together with Tony on his boat, there were times when he needed to work on his own, when he could forget anything else and just concentrate on his thoughts.

A few hours later he heard the padding of little feet on the steps.

“Hey honey, you’re awake early.” He greeted the little sleepy girl.

“Hmm.” She answered while sitting down on the last step. The two men tried to teach Lily very early that she was just allowed in the basement when one of them accompanied her and just when she wore shoes.

“Can’t sleep anymore?” Gibbs asked, sat down next to her and gave her a kiss on her hair.

“No.” she answered and yawned.

“Well, how about you go and snuggle next to ya dad while I’ll prepare breakfast?”

“Hmm.” She answered and made her way back up again. Similar to her daddy she was no morning person and wasn’t very talkative till she would have some food.

Gibbs followed her, dipped into DiNozzos bedroom and saw the two DiNozzo cuddle under the blanket and went back to start breakfast. He was one lucky bastard to have those two people in his life.

Half an hour later the food was finished, coffee freshly made and Jethro went back up to the first floor to wake up his roomies. When he went back into Tony’s room, he found Lily on Tony’s stomach fast asleep again. Her father, by contrast, was awake now, stroking her back and observed her face.

“Morning” the ex-marine silently greeted and sat down next to his first agent.

“Morning, Gibbs!” was the answer but Tony’s eyes never left his daughter.

“Can you believe how big she already is?” he asked still whispering.

“No. Time is running so fast.” Gibbs admitted while carefully stroking her hair.

“In no time she’s in school and then college and we’ll be old guys she don’t want to be around anymore!” Tony continued wistfully.

“Hey, don’t say that.” Gibbs admonished and gave the young man a soft slap on the head.

They went silent for a moment, just watching their little girl.

“Breakfast ready?”

“Yeah, just waitin’ for you two to come along.”

“Good, I’m starved!” Tony grinned and carefully woke up his daughter.

“Com’on honey. Food is calling.” She slowly opened her eyes, eyeing her daddy then her uncle and started grinning.

“Morning again.” Gibbs grinned back and gave her one more kiss on her hair.

“Let’s go guys. I already told ya I’m starving, would you want that?” Tony asked, giving his daughter a kiss and getting up.

“You always hungry!” Lily laughed while she took Jethro’s hand and they went to the stairs.

“Yeah, well I’m a big guy. I have to eat.” Tony sat while picking her up and carrying her down the stairs, where they enjoyed a big, happy breakfast without any disturbing phone calls.