- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Little Lily goes to school!
19. First day at school
Gibbs couldn’t believe how fast time was passing by, it seemed that just yesterday he had opened the door to an upset Tony with a small baby in his arms and today this little girl was having her first day at school. Lily however was unconcerned about the whole excitement around her and was running around in her beautiful new dress trying to animate one of her dads to play with her. After she confirmed " like a week ago " that Max from kindy was really going to be there as well, she couldn’t care less, she had her best friend so everything was fine.
“Dad?” she asked Tony after running in his room and jumping on his bed, “when we come back from school today, can I get a dog then?”
The question was now asked at least once a day since she had made a trip to the animal shelter with her playgroup two months before.
“Honey you know the answer. We just don’t have time to take care of a dog!” Tony answered while looking for his second black sock.
“DiNozzo, Lily we’ve gotta go. What’s always with you DiNozzos and time?” Gibbs said, hurrying in the room as well.
“There, all done!” DiNozzo answered after finding his second sock and put on his shoes.
“Let’s go big girl!” he said to Lily and guided her to the door.
“But I wanna have a dog!” the little girl pouted and stomped down the stairs extra loud.
“And I want to be in the school hall in five minutes” Gibbs pointed out and locked the door behind them “but both won’t happen!”
“But why do you both have to work? I mean just Max’ dad is working and his mom is staying at home. One of you could stop working and take care of a dog!” she replied precocious.
“Well we’re not like Max family. It won’t happen, Lillian, so we could stop the dog-discussion for like 24 hours and enjoy your big day?” Gibbs asked while starting the car.
“Okay, but the discussion isn’t over, Mister!” she copied one of his favourite phrases and concentrated on one of the books which were lying around in the car.
When they reached the school, the car park was nearly full already, so they hurried to the hall to find themselves some seats 15min before the start of the big event.
Lily found Max among the other children very fast, took her new schoolbag and sat down next to him.
Jethro and Tony found two seats as well, close to their daughter on the side of the small stage. Sadly Director Morrow didn’t allow the whole team to take part at Lily’s first school day " so it was just the two of them.
As soon as the speeches of the school director and some parents were over the different children were named to send them to their new teacher. Lily jumped up before Director Lewis could finish the words DiNozzo-Gibbs and went next to her teacher, waving excitedly to her daddies. When all pupils were in one of the groups, the new classes left for fifteen minutes of class time, before the parents were allowed to meet the new teacher.
The moment DiNozzo and Gibbs followed the other parents into their daughter’s classroom a blue and brown whirlwind was coming straight to them.
“Look that’s my new table!” Lily dragged her parents to a table on the window aisle of the room. “And Max is sitting right next to me!”
“That’s great honey!” Gibbs answered, while Tony was taking with Max father.
“Ah, you must be Lillian’s father! She’s such a lively girl!” Ms. Donaldson, her teacher greeted Jethro.
“Yes I am and yes she is!” he laughed friendly to the young woman.
“So are you Mr. Gibbs or Mr. DiNozzo?” she asked while coming closer.
“I am the Gibbs part of the name!” Jethro flirted back.
“Oh, so where is Mrs. DiNozzo?” the teacher asked looking for a woman close-by.
“Actually it’s Mr. DiNozzo!” Tony answered while suddenly appearing next to Gibbs.
“Oh!...Oh!” the young woman exclaimed astound, looking around between the two men and Lily. “Well…yeah…the resemblance between you and your daughter is really stunning…Well excuse me I have to meet the other parents as well!” she continued and quickly left for a different couple of parents.
“DiNozzo! What was that for?” Gibbs asked.
“Do you think I’m blind? I noticed her red hair too, Boss!” Tony answered while looking at a pamphlet for parents.
“So?” Gibbs asked drily. Just because we’re living together doesn’t mean you have the right to be jealous!”
“Cute and funny, Gibbs! But I won’t let you hit or god help us " do even more with her. The new teacher of our daughter. That’s just wrong in so many ways!”
“Daddy, daddy, look that girl there is Sara and she wants to meet with me tomorrow after school. Can I invite her please?”
“That’s fast!” Tony smiled at Gibbs “Com’on honey let’s have a talk with Sara’s parents!”
Chapter End Notes:
I am really, really sorry. It's just...that I am in a total hole, not knowing what or how to write.
I really love this story and don't want to distroy it. So this is why it took such a long time.
Please bear with me for the last three chapters.
I'd really like to continue it (even so it'd be slightly different cause I want to make slash out of it so if there's somebody who would help me with a second part it would be great. Otherwise I doubt I'll continue after the end of this story!)
Best wishes and lots of fun reading the new part
abbylou