- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
It follows chapter one directly. So it's still before the first season. Have fun.
2. Chapter: Deep thoughts and a first morning

Gibbs could convince DiNozzo to spend the night. The young man was very grateful and fell fully clothed in the guest bed, cradling his daughter tightly in his arms. Gibbs was standing in the door and smiled at the picture in front of him. Tony had been really unsure with this new found role but this moment, his secure hold of his child, his carefulness and love showed the Marine that his senior agent could master this new situation. The basis was showed in this very moment. And these feelings would never vanish. It would be bumpy, it would be difficult but as long as Tony kept his love and his protection for this small human being there would be no doubt that he would make it. And in a case of emergency Gibbs himself would never be far from them.

Slowly he made his way to his own bedroom and laid down. His big bed was suddenly very lonely and he envied those two people just a few feed away. Slowly he turned to his nightstand and pulled out a very scrunched up picture. How many times had he held it in his hands in the last ten years? How often he wished to be back in time also if it was just to spend one more day with Shannon and Kelly.

Slowly he put the picture back to its place and turned again, trying to sleep and dreamt about what would come with this little girl now in his life.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The next morning Gibbs made his way to his kitchen for his first cup of coffee when he heard a soft whine from the second bedroom. Before he could get there he saw Tony getting out of the door, with the small girl in his arms, unaware of everything around him.

“Well, lil’girl it seems as if you’re hungry. Let’s see if we still have some formula, right? You have to eat very much, so you become a big girl, right?”

Tony managed to look up and saw his boss no ten feed away.

“Morning Boss” he grinned and carefully cradled Lily in his arms the way Gibbs had shown him the night before.

“Morning!” Gibbs answered grumpily. They had been getting up about every four hours to feed her and he couldn’t understand why the young man was so awake and well rested.

“Look who’s here Lillygirl. It seems Gibbs’ awake as well. Do you want to go to your uncle?” asked Gibbs the small infant which was looking back at her father with big and curious eyes.

“Please. No baby talk before my first cup!” Gibbs answered, turned around and headed to his actual destination.

“Oh oh uncle Gibbs is not very nice this morning, is he? Grumpy old Gibbs!” Tony continued his conversation and this brought him his first head slap.

“I told ya to shut up!” came the explanation and suddenly very quiet the young man followed his host to the big bright kitchen.

When both men were sitting at the table, Gibbs consuming his first coffee and DiNozzo feeding Lily, Tony spoke up again.

“Well Boss, I don’t know how I should thank you. For last night and that you let us stay and that you are going to help us. It’s… thank you so much. I don’t know what I would have done without you!”

“Don’t mention it!” Gibbs answered uncomfortably and watched the eating baby.

Half an hour later the three of them were on their way to a baby store to shop all the necessary and vital accessories for the baby.

TBC