- Text Size +
6. Chapter: A conversation and a change
Gibbs turned away from Lily and looked in the eyes of the brunette.
“’Cause it shows you how much you two mean to me. I never thought that after what happened with Shannon and Kelly I could be so happy again. I got a second chance and I will take it. When I promised you I help you, I meant it. But I don’t want that you sleep hear two nights and then your gone. When Kelly grew up I was never at home. I hardly saw her; I don’t want to make this mistake again. I want you to move in with me. I know that you couldn’t stand the last few days, when you were dependant on somebody. With me it’s exactly the other way round, I like it to take care of you two. I like that this house is busy and alive again. I like to hear you and Lily when I open the door. I don’t want to live alone again. This is why I finally changed Kelly’s room. This is why I want you to give up your flat and move in with me.” Gibbs took a deep breath, turned away again from Tony and observed Lily who was now playing with her new toys; he couldn’t get himself to look to the other man. Couldn’t stand this feeling of not knowing what’ll happen with their friendship.
“Jethro?” Tony asked tentative. The Marine slowly lifted his head and saw in the face of his companion who was drenched in tears but smiling.
“This is the best present ever. Thank you so much and I’d love to move in with you!”
Gibbs happily pulled his senior agent in a tight hug and laughed loudly.
They sat together and happily watched over their daughter who was now crawling up to them and wanted to get between them on the couch. Gibbs pulled her up and she sat next to her father her head against his chest and babbled excited while she looked at Gibbs.
“She’s telling you something!” Tony laughed and observed the little girl.
“Yeah. And it’s one more sign for being your daughter, you can’t keep your mouth shut, too.” Jethro answered smirking.
They sat together for a while longer and then they brought her to bed. Not without reading her one of the new books.
No five weeks later you could find a big moving truck in front of the old house. Four movers brought all the stuff from Tony’s flat in his new home. Soon the whole house had a total different atmosphere, in the living room was now the couch from DiNozzo’s apartment, on the wall were a big TV and a new sideboard were filled with all of DiNozzo’s movies. A week earlier they had painted Tony’s room and now his own bedroom furniture adorned the old guest room. Lillian was thrilled about the fuss. Gibbs had to follow her everywhere because she always seemed to be in the way. In the evening they were happy that it was calm again, everything was at his new location.
“Well Boss, I hope you’re sure about this, ‘cause I’m not moving again very soon!”