- Text Size +
7. Chapter: A day at the lake
A few months later the summer was finally there. One day Tony took a day off to spend the day with Lily at a lake nearby. Some weeks earlier Gibbs and the two DiNozzo already had made a trip there and Lily had loved it. She was a real water rat and you have to keep an eye on her or she would make her way to the water in seconds. With nearly 15 month she was almost perfect on her feet and exploited it in every waken minute.
Tony had loved it at the beach. Being a single father had his peaks �" especially with a sweet daughter, lots of woman and mothers showed their interest in the duo.
Gibbs on the other hand was very grumpy after this special Sunday afternoon. While Tony was playing with Lily some feet away, a young redhead made her way over to Gibbs and praised him for his engagement and help for his son and his granddaughter.
So this time Tony had to use all his charm and persuasions to get his boss to agree to follow for the afternoon.
Tony spent his morning with packing everything necessary for the trip. Lily was running excited through the house, after trying to pack every possible toy in the small bag. Tony tried for half an hour to separate the right things from the whole bunch of toys. Two hours later he was finally able to get the tearaway into his car and left for the half an hour trip.
As soon as Lillian was out of the car she toddled in the direction of the water.
“Stop Lily! You have to wait for me!” Tony quickly said and took her hand. The little girl stretched out her other hand and answered “Dadadada!”
“Yeah, I know!” Tony answered while trying to get the bag and the blanket with his free hand.
Shortly after they had left their clothes in a pile and marched in the direction of the water. Tony held his daughter tightly while she squealed happily with every coming wave. Slowly they made their way into the deeper water, while Lily wore her flippers.
“See, now this is nice!” Tony explained to the little girl who made big eyes and clapped her hands.
Twenty minutes later they made their way back to their pile. Lily wasn’t very happy that she had to leave the water.
“We’re going back later, sweetheart, now we’re going to build some sand castles and wait for uncle Jet!” Tony explained. Lily didn’t seem to understand the first part, but she got the name of her favourite uncle.
“Jet, jet, dada!”
“Yes, he’s coming soon.”
He tried to dry his girl and than gave her some sand molds, shovel and a pile while drying himself. They hadn’t played for long when Jethro appeared.
“Jet, dadada!” Lily exclaimed while hugging Gibbs’ leg.
“Hey there honey!” Gibbs laughed and threw the little girl in the air. The little girl laughed and was more than cheerful about the second playmate.
“You’re early!” Tony noticed when they all where back building and shovelling.
“Well it wasn’t so much to do and I thought Vivian could handle the briefing with the FBI, she knows the bunch after all!” was the only comment.
A few hours later the three were back in the water �" the two men standing some feet away while sliding Lily in her swim ring forth and back. Every time she was with Tony he gave her a big kiss what made her laugh even more.
An hour later they had a small picnic.
“She even has your appetite!” Gibbs laughed while they observed Lily getting all the food out of the basket and in her mouth.
“Yeah, well we’d like to get big and strong!” Tony answered while letting Lily hang upside down from his back. Lily giggled loudly and clapped his back.
After another time in the water, this time only with Jethro, while Tony stayed back to relax, they packed everything and left for D.C. As soon as they got to the highway, Lillian was asleep at the backseat; it had been a long and adventurous day for the infant.
Chapter End Notes:
Hey, if anybody is interested in being my beta, just let me know.

So now it's better ;-)