- Text Size +
8. Chapter: Girls day

A few weeks after the experiences at the lake, Gibbs and Tony had hardly time to spend it with their little girl. Given that Vivian left NCIS for returning to the FBI, they had to manage with just the two of them. Many applicants came and left shortly after. Most of them just didn’t fit with Gibbs expectations and few couldn’t handle his mood. Although Tom Morrow was breathing down his neck, Jethro refused to take anybody just to have the position filled.

Having made more or less bad experiences with Vivian Blackadder, who was a good agent but just not fitting in his team, he wanted to find the perfect candidate.

The day at work was longer than they had ever experienced it and Lily spent more and more time with her nanny.

So one afternoon, while Tony and Gibbs were sitting at their desks working on paperwork, Abby came jumping into the office and sat down at Tony’s desk.

“Hey there cutie!” she beamed.

“Hey Abigail, what can I do for you?” the young man asked and rolled his chair back to see her better.

“Well Anthony, I thought that I could take a day off tomorrow and maybe spent it with a cute little girl with big green eyes and brown hair!”

“Sure, I think she’ll be happy about spending some time with auntie Abs. And I’m sure Rosa is thrilled about a day off, too!”

“Really?” Abby asked enthused.

“Sure! I call Rosa and then I give you a notice.”

“That’s so great, thanks Tony. A girls day out. It’ll be a blast!” she gave him a big hug and a kiss and left avid for her lab.

“You think it’s a god idea?” Gibbs asked from his desk.

“Sure why not! Lily loves Abs and vice versa. They will have fun and we get a tired girl back, that’s for sure!” he laughed.

“You know that Abby was never alone with Lily, let alone for a whole day.” Gibbs noted.

“Yeah well, when I was standing in front of your door one night I couldn’t handle children as well and nevertheless we get it in some way. Don’t worry, Boss. Abs will have both of our phone numbers, she knows she can come here if something will go wrong and Ducky is also not that far away, right?”

“Yeah you’re right; I mean there’s nothing Abby can’t handle.” Gibbs agreed.

The next morning, Gibbs, Tony, Lily in her Goth clothes and a lot of other stuff where in front of Abby’s apartment door.

“Hey, you’re there!” Abby was over the moon and let them to her living room. Lily was wriggling in her fathers arm to be let down so she could greet her auntie.

Tony carefully let her to the floor and she ran to her Abby.

“Morning, cutie.” Abby laughed and kissed the cheek of the little girl.

“Wow Tony she even has the pigtails. That’s great!”

“Yeah, well I did my best, it’s not perfect, but she loved it, right honey?”

“Yeaaah!” Lily laughed. It was one of the words she now could use perfectly.

“Okay Abs, this is the stroller and her diaper bag. In this bag are some toys and games. Don’t give her anything sweet to eat or drink, in the afternoon she can have an ice cream but just one scoop. She has her ice tea in the bag if it’s empty you can give her water or orange or apple juice. When you’re getting lunch she should eat something with vegetables, she loves rice and vegetables…”

“Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs… it’s fine. We get it and when not I call and ask, okay? I mean I once worked as a babysitter I can handle it.”

“Wait, what… you worked as a childminder?” Tony asked.

“Sure, I did it to finance my college time!”

“Wow, well she is in good hands! We leave now. Come here honey give your daddy a kiss!”

Lily ran to her father and let him kiss her and then she did the same with Jethro. As soon as Tony steered Jethro to the car, Lily forgot about the two men and were totally absorbed in some fun with Abby. After some tickling and a following game of hide and seek, in which Lily tried to climb into the coffin, they read one of the new books, Lily got for her birthday some month ago. It was her favourite and she want to have read it at least once a day. Afterwards the two girls were sitting on the black leather couch and nursing their drinks " ice tea and caf-pow.

When Lily got a little bit cranky Abby took the little girl in her stroller and they made their way to the park. At first they got on the swing Abs had Lily on her lap and they tried out one of the “big swings” as Abby put it. Soon after Tony and Lillian moved in with Gibbs the two men build her a swing set but she only had a toddler swing so this experience was something totally new for the little girl and she loved it. Later the Goth helped her to build some sand sculptures.

“Abs, I hungry!” Lily exclaimed after stepping on every of Abs’ and her work.

“Well, then we need something to eat, right?” The toddler nodded her head up and down very fast.

“Okay, let’s find some lunch!” Abbs answered while throwing the little girl in the air.

Soon they were seated in a small restaurant. Abigail had a salad while Lily had a rice stew with vegetables and chicken. She nearly ate her whole plate but she wouldn’t eat her chicken.

“What about this little girl?” the Goth asked and pointed at the chicken.

“Nonono!” Lily called and shook her head.

“Com’on just a few.”

“Nonono!”

“Please, pretty please!” Abs asked while trying one on her own.

“No!” Lillian screamed and started to cry.

“Okay, that’s fine; you don’t have to eat it!”

Abby didn’t like the attention they got and they soon left the restaurant.

The afternoon they stayed at Abby’s home having some nap and afterwards played some of Lily's games.

Soon enough Gibbs was back to pick the child up. Lily was happy to get back home. She had loved the day but she missed her daily dose of daddy and Gibbs. They developed a routine to spend an hour at the couch every evening " just the three of them. Lilly mostly already in her pjs and they all lied under the big quilt, listening to music or one of the guys read a story.

“Paps?” she asked while Jethro helped her into her shoes.

“He’s getting something to dinner! Have you been nice?”

“Yeaah!” He laughed at her serious face.

“Abs?”

“Yes, it’s true she was a little angel.”

“Good, then let’s get home!” Gibbs took all their things while Abby took the little toddler to the car.

“Say bye to Abby, Lily!” The Marine said while giving the Goth a kiss on the cheek.

“bye-bye!” The toddler waved and they were on their way back home to Tony.
Chapter End Notes:
I'm sorry it took me so long to upload the new chapter but my guestfamily is putting me under a lot of restrictions and one of them is the internet usage. This is why I can't tell when I'll upload the next chapter. Hope you stay with the story nevertheless and I hope to get some reviews from you. I also am very happy about suggestions about chapter themes. Have a nice week. abbylou