- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Author's notes: back to one of my favourite themes - the supernatural. In this case, I was inspired by the episode "Chained." What if the guy Tony was chained to, Jeffrey White, was possessed. Well, you'll see.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Tony is a victim of demonic possession
Dispossessed 1 - Possession is nine tenths of the law

I was occupying the body of a small time criminal called Jeffrey White when I first met him.

There he sat, waiting to be transferred to the county jail, a fellow captive of the justice system that had so efficiently captured me, less than three hours ago. It was my own fault, of course. I had little understanding of the forces of law and order in this strange country.

Surely it was more than chance which brought us face to face on that warm July morning. But whatever the cause of our first meeting, I immediately knew that this one had potential. Those full lips alone suggested a number of erotic possibilities, but I sensed an intelligence, too.

You can always tell with humans, which ones have that spark of life within them which can be fanned into the brightest of flames for a short time. The merest glimpse told me that this male was filled with that kind of life, and it called to me, like a moth to the flame. Interaction with this human would be far more interesting than the duel of wits I had been conducting with the bloated, sweating police officer who was chaining us together for our ride to the jail.

No one suspected the depths of darkness that dwelt within my unprepossessing exterior. I had chosen this host well. Inconspicuous. A small, lightly-built human, with mild brown eyes and a hint of grey in his dark hair. A mouse rather than a man. A good host for me to inhabit whilst I learned the ways of the modern world. Five thousand years of dormancy had ended when the hapless Jeffrey had dropped the small Sumerian statue, three months ago. I had surged out of my stony prison and taken him, my hunger for life overwhelming.

Perhaps Jeffrey didn't even realise that he was possessed at first. I was weak from my long confinement, and I was content merely to ride within him, gaining power from his mind and body, watching and learning about his world. Only later did I begin to exert my influence over the little man - a nudge here and there to test my strength. And finally, when I was ready, I made him take a knife and use it on two of his partners in crime. Jeffrey thought he had blacked out; he had no memory of what I had done. How could he? It was not his deed, but mine. Though his hands wielded the knife, his had not been the mind directing the scene.

I want to purr at the memory of it.

He only knew that he had woken covered in blood, the taste of it thick in his mouth; its coppery scent thick in the air; its stickiness on his bare skin... Terrified, he had fled from Seattle, and back to Washington, straight into the arms of the law. Such strong, firmly muscled arms...

My strength was restored now, and though I watched the struggles of my little mouse with amusement, like a cat playing with its prey, I was ready for a more attractive host; one who could help me indulge my more carnal desires. Alas Jeffrey, for all his potential as a knife wielder, did not possess that almost indefinable human quality that I craved in my hosts; sexual attractiveness.

Yes, those green eyes definitely brightened up my day. Now this male had the sort of charisma I craved, full of light and laughter and joy. Even my lowly host was succumbing to his charm. I watched with interest, my feelings of desire deepening as my pretty and resourceful Green-eyes led Jeffrey in a prison break, and found us transportation out of the immediate area. A past master at the art of deception, I knew quite well that he had his own agenda, but I was content to let him play his little games. Studying his moves only deepened my desire. The boyish, almost-shy smile... The tight curve of his ass...

I had to have him.

But first, some business to take care of. Jeffrey's partner Lane. Time for Jeffrey to pick up the knife again. While my Green eyes - Tony - was sleeping, I cut Lane's throat from behind, severing his jugular and cutting so deeply I felt the knife grate on his spine. Blood sprayed forwards, which was of course, my intention. I like to approach a victim from behind; less chance of betraying blood splatter. I enjoyed the act of slaughter of course, and not just because I'm an evil bastard. It energised me too. Incalculable, the amount of energy that murder gives a demon. A last boost to my strength before I switched bodies - moving host was always an effort that drew on my energy reserves.

One thing I will say about Jeffrey; he was the sort of human who could do anything, because no-one would ever suspect him of such monstrous crimes. I was tempted to keep him, but then, my lust was greater than my need for blood. Handsome Tony had such potential for carnality. His sexual energy could sustain me with far less risk than killing, especially in this modern world with its efficient law-keepers and its wanton men and women. Besides, "horny old devil" is a cliche for a reason. My appetites were legendary.

The plan was to let Jeffrey sell the artefacts, get the money, then kill him and switch bodies. Of course, it didn't quite work out that way. The last thing I expected, sitting in the parking lot, waiting for the Japanese business man to complete the deal, was for Tony to declare himself as a Federal agent and ask me to give evidence against my partner Lane. A truly tempting offer for Jeffrey - if he hadn't already killed Lane. I hid a smirk as I felt my host begin to panic. He would try to kill Tony.

I lay in wait as Jeffrey whispered to my pretty new male, "No-one ever treated me like you. I mean that." His hand, slick with sweat, clutched the knife.

"I know." Tony sounded regretful. He must have sensed Jeffrey's mood, for even as the little man's hand moved forward with the knife, he brought his gun up to fire in self-defence. It was then that I made my move. I felt Jeffrey shriek inside his mind, as he found that inexplicably, every muscle had locked and he was helpless to stop what followed. Even as he looked down the barrel of Tony's gun, I revealed myself to him, purely to torment him in his last moments. His final thoughts echoed with the most delicious feeling of despair and horror, even as the bullet smashed into his brain.

It was the opportunity I had been waiting for. With barely a sound, I propelled my essence outwards through Jeffrey's mouth as his last breath emerged in a soft sigh. If there'd been an observer, he might have seen a small, dark cloud of protoplasm, sparking with energy as it was momentarily exposed to the air. But this rare sight would have only lasted for a moment, for it swiftly guided itself in through the mouth and nostrils of the unfortunateTony.

Much as I might like to enthuse about that first, sweet taste of his fresh, new flesh..., to linger over it..., speed was of the essence. At any moment, I might be discovered, and I must be in complete possession of the host by then.

Alas, the swift entrance and quick climax must often take the place of a long, slow and indulgent time of fulfilment.

Later, when we were alone and safe, I could indulge my desires further. For now, I slid up nerve pathways and into the host's brain. For Tony it must have been like inhaling ammonia. You ever see someone revived by the use of smelling salts? Multiplied by ten? His head snapped back and he tried to scream, though no sound was permitted to emerge from those full lips.

I swayed dizzily and concentrated on breathing. It was always like this at first. Disorientation and a lack of control over fine motor skills. Tony was strong and I could feel his mind fighting me desperately for control. Useless of course. Centuries of experience were on my side and I could feel my zone of control expanding, even as his diminished. Breathing, heartbeat, the involuntary systems first. My new host screamed impotently inside his mind and I lost precious seconds subduing him. Then the world began to steady. I sealed Tony's struggling consciousness away behind an adamantine barrier and relaxed. Though he was doing the mental equivalent of biting, scratching and wriggling, none of it affected me.

My fingers clenched and relaxed as I studied them admiringly. Fine, long digits. Nails a little blunt but clean. Perhaps he used them in some manual tasks which required them to be carefully trimmed? Or was he vain about his appearance, taking pleasure in the fine details of personal grooming? Yes. A good choice of host. Taller than Jeffrey by at least six inches. Other sensations intruded: a slight tickle in the nostrils indicating the start of a sneeze, its cause, my swift entrance: the rough sensation of cotton against the skin of my nipples. Oh yes, not least among my host's perceptions was the awareness that he hadn't released all of that erotic tension in far too long.

Unlike the last time I had possessed a host, this human was all too aware that he was in trouble. I was impressed by him already, and I had only been in residence for minutes. He was physically strong, and I could sense the sparkling brilliance of his intelligence. His conscience too, was powerful; I could feel the steely determination in him to do right. Oh delicious. I was going to have such fun, making him do all of those things he had spent his life avoiding. His guilt would feed me for a long time.

But I was neglecting the important issues. With a squeal of brakes, Tony's fellow NCIS operatives pulled up in their black car. I had been lucky in my timing - a few seconds earlier and they would have caught me as I moved host. Still a miss is as good as a mile, as humans say.

A handsome, silver haired man, who was apparently Tony's boss, raced over to our car and pulled the door open. Concern radiated off him. It wasn't difficult to appear dazed; disoriented. I had supposedly just killed a man, and humans do make such an issue about these things. Now what should Tony say?

"I really liked him." Concern and a calculated hint of regret/remorse. True too. He had been an amusing host.

"Yeah. I can see that." Tony's boss said sarcastically. Interesting. Why was he not offering the human platitudes commonly associated with sudden death. No sympathy whatsoever. Refreshing in its way, but it made this human's behaviour hard to interpret. Oddly, Tony seemed to expect such treatment from his superior - his memories were filled with similar scenes.

I stood up, slightly unsteady, my control of the host almost complete, and followed Gibbs back to his car. I could feel Tony fighting against me, trying to scream to Gibbs for help. I smirked. I had forgotten, when I was in Jeffrey, how good it was to have a captive human mind wriggling away deliciously inside me. I had needed to be subtle with the little man.

But with Tony, I could afford to indulge my desires. He would know exactly what I did with his body. He would see, hear and feel every indulgence. He would scream and curse and beg, and I would savour every moment of his emotional response. The true evil of a demonic possession lies in the fact that the host is aware of everything and is helpless to prevent it. And the more anguish they feel, the stronger I become. Males of a certain type, like Tony, the so-called "alpha males", have a great deal of pride in themselves. Dominant for most of their lives, being forced to bow their heads under my yoke was a luscious feast for me. The perfect host, as far as I was concerned, was a moral and upright heterosexual male; when they have further to fall, their guilt is so much sweeter to taste.

So many sins await you, Tony. How long will you last before I use you up? A long time I hope. We have such pleasures ahead of us.

*****
End of Dispossessed 1
Chapter End Notes:
Author's notes: back to one of my favourite themes - the supernatural. In this case, I was inspired by the episode "Chained." What if the guy Tony was chained to, Jeffrey White, was possessed. Well, you'll see.