- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
basically what happens after each eppisode. what we dont get to see
NOTE: I have done most of the episodes from season 1 but I have also skipped a few. I am also Australian so I don’t know much about the American school system.
*Hung out to dry*
Kate sits on her couch watching the evening news with a hot cup of coffee in her hands. She was about to change the channel when there came a knock at the door. She got up and answered it.
“ Gibbs! What are you doing here?” she asked stunned to see him.
“ Just wanted to see how your holding up after your first case” he said with a smile. She looked at him for a while and smiled and let him in.
“ Come in. would you like some coffee?” she asked showing him into the kitchen.
“ Uh sure” he said sitting on one of her stools. As she makes the coffee he just stares at her.
“ Here you go” she handing him his coffee.
“ Thankyou. So?” he asked
“ So what?”
“ How you holding up?”
“ I’m fine” she smiles at him. He gives her the Gibbs look.
“ Ok I admit I was horrified at the crime scene and had trouble keeping up at times but I got the hang of it” she admits sitting down opposite him.
“ Good. I’m glad” he said as he took a sip of his coffee.
“ Is it any good?” she asked looking at him.
“ Its perfect” he said with a smile. She smiled back. She couldn’t stop looking in to his eyes. She wanted to look away but couldn’t.
“ Gibbs why did you come here and how do you know here I live?” she asked walking over to him.
“ I told you and you don’t need to know” he said with a cheeky grin on his face. He stood up and stood in front of her.
“ DiNozzo doesn’t know does he?”
“ Nope” he said almost a whisper.
“ Good” she said just as softly as he did. She could feel his body coming towards hers and she doesn’t know why but she moved closer to him as well. Before they knew it their lips where connected and his hands where on her waist and his on her shoulders.
“ Gibbs” she breathed pushing him off her after she realised what they were doing.
“ I have wanted to do that since Air Force One” he told her as he looked into her questioning eyes. She looked shocked at his reason for his actions.
“ Me to” she confessed. He smiled then went in for another kiss. Then they heard the deafening sound of his mobile. They ignored it for the first couple of rings but then Gibbs reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone. He looked at the screen ‘ Caller ID withheld’ it said. He sighed and hit the reject button.
“ I should go” he told her looking up at her. He started to walk towards the door and Kate followed him.
“ Gibbs can I ask you something?” she asked just as he reached for the door handle.
“ What?” he turned around and looked at her.
“ How many times have you been married?” she asks with a smile.
“ 3”
“ All red heads right”
“ Right. What does that have to do with anything?”
“ Nothing I was just wondering when you were going change and go for a blonde or brunette” she said with a soft smile. He smiled at her and opened the door.
“ I just did” he said then kissed her on the cheek and then left. She was left standing by the door as she tried to come to terms at what he had just said. She finally came back to reality and she made her way to her bedroom. She felt warm and fuzzy and her heart wouldn’t stop jumping about.
‘ I’m in love’ she thought to herself but then her serious self came out to play.
‘ No I’m not. Not with him. He’s my boss and not to mention older then me and has been married 3 times. On Air Force One this would have been ok but not now, not now that I’m working under him’ She thought but those thoughts got kicked out by.
‘ Who cares if he’s older, who cares if he’s my boss and who bloody well cares if he’s been married 3 times’ she thought and finally got to bed.

*Seadog*
Kate was in the kitchen washing the few dishes she had used with the TV on as usual. She was about done when there came a knock at the door. She smiled to herself as she had an idea who it might be.
“ Gibbs, what are you doing here….again?” she smiled and let him in. He took off his jacket and slung it over the back of her couch.
“ So what is it that you want this time?” she asked with a smile.
“ Some of that coffee would be nice” he said making his way to the kitchen. She followed him and put the pot on and got out 2 cups. They didn’t say anything. She handed him his cup and he smiled as a sign of thankyou.
“ Why did you come here?” she asked seriously. He took a deep breath.
“ I wanted to tell that I am” he paused and cleared his throat. She knew he wasn’t an emotional man but didn’t know it was this hard for him.
“ Sorry for what I said before” he finally got out.
“ What you said?” she asked puzzled as he had said a lot of things in the past couple of days.
“ That I was disappointed in you”
“ Oh. Gibbs don’t worry” she started but got cut off by him.
“ You could never disappointment and if it wasn’t for you the FBI wouldn’t have been involved and we would of never found out that they were terrorist and not drug dealers” he said finally looking at her. She smiled at her.
“ Thankyou. That means a lot. Do you want to sit down” she said walking over to the couch. He thought that was funny as he was already sitting down but he knew what she meant. She guided him to the lounge room and sat on the couch when she looked at the coffee table she realised that she had left out her sketch pad and it was open at the sketch she had been working on of Gibbs. She didn’t have time to grab before Gibbs saw it. He put his coffee down and went for the sketch pad.
“ What’s this?” he asked
“ Its nothing. Give it to me” she said trying to grab it from him which was pointless as he was much taller then she was.
“ No. Kate this is really good” he said looking at it. She stops trying to get it.
“ What? You think its good?” she asks in disbelief.
“ Yeah I do” he says with a smile. He flips the sketch pad to find a sketch of a cartoon Tony drooling over a girl.
“ You’ve captured the true Tony there” he laughed and so did she. She managed to snatch it from him.
“ Oh come on Kate. I want to see them” he said as she went and put the sketch pad in a drawer under the TV.
“ Later” she said as she walked back and sat on the lounge. Gibbs sat down next to her. They just sat there looking at each other not saying a thing. She moved closer to him.
“ Gibbs what if they find out?” she asks softly.
“ Who find out what?”
“ Tony, Ducky and Abby find out about..” she paused.
“ Us”
“ Us?” he asked confused. She took a breath. She knew that question came to fast.
“ Never mind” she said sitting back into the couch.
“ Kate do you consider you and me an us?” he asks seriously. She doesn’t say anything.
“ Kate?”
“ Yes I do” she said looking at him. He smiled at her. He leaned forward and kissed her.
“ I take it you do to” she whispered before kissing him again. He slowly pushed her down on the couch and was on top of her. His hands running all over her body and hers around his neck pulling him closer. One of his hand reach down and landed on her leg. He slowly started to move it up when her hand came down and stopped his hand from moving any closer.
“ Not yet” she said breaking from their kiss. He looked at her in confusion.
“ I don’t want to rush anything” she told him. He smiled then kissed her again.
“ That’s ok with me” he said softly.

*The Immortals*
Its has been a long couple of days aboard the Foster. Kate was in no mood to drive home so Gibbs offered to take her home.
She opened the door and stepped inside dropping her stuff off to the side. Gibbs followed her in and shut the door behind her. She went straight for the couch and slumped down on it. Gibbs went and sat next to her.
“ Are you alright?” he asked her.
“ Yeah” she said unconvincingly. He looked at her.
“ No” she said looking at him.
“ Want to tell me why?”
“ Not really”
“ Kate, you have to tell someone and I’m the closest person”
“ I cant when the problem is you”
“ What did I do?” he asked surprised.
“ Nothing. Look I just got hurt when you believe me that he would of committed suicide” she said softly.
“ Kate I didn’t say I didn’t believe you I just meant that we can not rule out suicide because he’s Catholic and so are you”
“ I know. Did you believe me when I told you a suicide can tear a Catholic family apart?” she asked looking up at him. He hesitated and she knew what his answer was.
“ I think you should go” she said not looking at me.
“ Tell me” was all he said.
“ What?”
“ Tell me how your family got torn apart” he said getting closer to her.
“ How do you know” she started to question.
“ Kate, its me” he said softly, putting his arm around her. She hasn’t told anyone this before and to be able to tell Gibbs was a big step. She took a breath.
“ It was when I was 18 and had just graduated and was about to head off to study law. My dad always said he was proud of me and that they always wanted a layer in the family. On the morning that I was supposed to leave I woke to the chilling scream of my mother. I rushed down stairs and saw her crying over my fathers body” she stopped so she wouldn’t cry.
“ There was an empty bottle of sleeping pills on the floor next to him. After we got over the shock of what he did we started to blame it on each other mainly my mother blamed me and I blamed her. She said that he was disappointed in me because I didn’t want to settle down and start a family like the rest of my siblings and that I wanted to be a layer. I blamed her because she wasn’t making him happy anymore. She was getting so protective of him” she told him. He pulled her in close and kissed her forehead.
“ I’m sorry Kate, I had no idea” he said softly.
“ No one does. I mean I tell people that he is no longer with us but I don’t tell them how. You wont” she starts.
“ I would never tell anybody what you have just told me. Don’t worry its safe with me” she looked up at him and smiled. He leaned down and kissed her.
“ Thankyou”
“ For what?”
“ For listening” she said, snuggling into his chest.
“ Anytime” he whispered into her ear.
She slowly started to fall asleep. Gibbs picked her up and took her into her room and carefully laid her on her bed and took her shoes off and tucked her in. He starts to head out of her room when he hears her soft voice.
“ Don’t go” he turns around to see her starting to sit up in bed.
“ Its getting late”
“ Stay” she says with a smile. She leans over to the other side of her bed and pulls back the covers.
“ Just tonight”. He smiles and walks over to the side of the bed. He takes his shoes and jacket off. He jumps in next to her. She kisses him and they make their way under the covers. Kate lays her head on his chest and he wraps his arms around her.
They slowly drift off to sleep holding each other.

*The Curse*
As they all stepped out of the NCIS building they all went to their separate cars and went their separate ways except for Gibbs who seemed to have followed Kate out.
Kate was almost home when her phone started to ring. She put it on loud speaker.
“ Hello”
“ Hey its me. You busy tonight?” came Gibbs’ voice.
“ Always” was all she said before hanging up. ‘ how do you like being hung up on’ she thought to herself as she pulled up in her driveway. As she got out she saw a set of headlights pull up behind her car and Gibbs got out. She made her way to the front door and went inside with Gibbs not far behind her. He closed the door behind him.
“ What was that for?” he finally asked.
“ What?” she said walking in to the kitchen and putting her phone on the counter. She looked at him with a cheeky grin.
“ Hanging up on me”
“ I just thought you should feel what I have felt all day with you hanging up on me” she said with a smile.
“ I haven’t” he started to say but Kate shot him a look and he stopped. He moved closer to her. She was leaning up against the counter and he leaning over the top of her, his hands either side of her on the counter.
“ Sorry. Let me make it up to you” he whispered to her.
“ How are you going to do that?” she whispered. He didn’t say anything just leaned in and kissed her. Her hands slowly moved over his chest and she pushed him back.
“ I did say I was busy” she said with a cheeky smile. He looked at her confused.
“ I mean it. You have to go”
“ Why? What do you have to do?” he asked walking backwards towards the door.
“ Well you see that big pile of files there. I have to sort them out and make sure their all done properly”
“ That can wait cant it?” he said with a smile.
“ No of course not. You see my boss will have my ass if I don’t get it done on time” she said pushing out of the door.
“ I would rather have it now” he said kissing her again. She smiled and pushed him off her.
“ Not tonight” she said. He finally got the message and walked to his car. She waved goodbye as he took off down the road. She closed the door behind her and lent against it. She let out a big sigh.
‘ Just one more night Katie’ she told herself. She looked at the pile of files and decided to go to bed instead.

* Sub Rosa*
It has been a very day. They spent most of it aboard The Philadelphia trying to figure out which of the 5 crew members are the imposter.
Kate thought it was nice to spend the day with Gibbs, with no Tony to annoy them. Except for the hundreds of men that were aboard the sub.
She was home now and couldn’t stop thinking about the emergency blow and how close her and Gibbs were. If the cob hadn’t walked in she would of kissed him and wouldn’t of been able to stop. She remembered that he was coming over tonight and couldn’t help but think ‘ Tonight is the night’.
She got up and went and changed for the big surprise.
There was a knock at the door.
“ Coming in” she yelled from her bedroom.
Gibbs entered and took his coat off and sat it on the back of the couch. He walked over to the dinning table and saw that there were no plates or forks set up. Not even candles.
“ Kate?” he called out not knowing what was going on.
Her bedroom door opened and she came out wearing her bath robe. Her hair was down and she smelled of vanilla.
“ Aren’t you ready yet?” he asked looking at her. She smiled, walked up to him and kissed him slowly. Her hands resting on his belt buckle.
“ I’m ready” she whispered into his ear. She stepped back and un-did the tie at the front of her robe and let it drop to the ground, revealing her slender body in nothing but a lacy red bra and matching panties. Gibbs stood there wide-eyed.
“ Well?” she asked in a cheeky tone. He didn’t say anything. He walked up to her, took her in his arms and kissed her.
“ Wow” he whispered into her ear. She giggled.
“ That’s what they all tell me” she said with a smile. He looked down at her and smiled. He picked her up in his arms and took her to her bedroom and laid her on the bed. he kicked his shoes off before getting on top of her. He looked into her eyes and saw the lust in them. He smiled and leaned down and kissed her. Her arms wrapped around his neck pulling him closer.
“ Are you sure?” he breathed looking down at her. She smiled and moved her hands down to his belt and started to undo it. He closed his eyes as she unzipped his pants and started to pull them down. He couldn’t wait. He got up and took his pants and top off and got back ob top of her. He started kissing her again. His hands all over her. He moved his kisses down her neck and a long her collar bone. He un-did her bra and threw it away then started kissing her breasts. She threw her head back against the pillow and enjoyed the sensations that Gibbs was giving her. He moved his kissing down her abdomen and down her stomach making his way to her panties. He started kissing the material of her panties as he slowly moved down further.
She has never been a fan of foreplay and has waited way to long to make love to this man and nothing is going to prolong it. She moved her hips up closer to him and moaned his name. He got the idea. He met her lips again as his hands slid her panties off and her hands took his off.
They both took a breath as they awaited for the first sensation as Gibbs softly thrusts himself into her. She lets out a sigh as she relaxes around him. He moves in and out of her in a slow rhythm before getting faster with each moan.
“ Oh Gibbs” she moans in his ear.
“ Oh Kate” he moans back to her.
After they both experience the most amazing climaxes ever they collapse on the bed next to each other.
Kate leaned over and kissed him before laying her head on his chest and closing her eyes.
“ Kate” he whispers softly.
“ Mmm” she replies.
“ I…I” he starts but can not finish. She looks up at him.
“ What is it?” she asks. He takes a deep breath.
“ I love…you” he breaths out. She is thrown back by what he has just admitted. It has been only a couple of months since they have been seeing each other side of work and neither of them has ever told each other how they feel until now.
“ I love you to” she replies with a soft smile before leaning down to kiss him again.
They slept in each others arms and went to work like nothing ever happened.
“ What do you think he said to make Tony speechless?” Kate asked as they both watched McGee walk into the elevator and Tony just standing there.
“ He told him he got a tat on his ass” Gibbs said into her ear before walking to his desk. She smiled to herself at the thought of him finding out where she had a tattoo.
‘ he would have a heart attack’ she thought to himself.

* My Other Left Foot*
What a week its been.
First of all she did the stupid thing of hinting that she had a tattoo to Tony and he would not drop the subject and then their case lead them to a suspect who happened to be single, beautiful and a red head which made Gibbs go weak at the knees and made Kate jealous.
By the end of it she was sure that the thing going on between Gibbs and the red head was just so she would put her guard down and slip up, which she did and no one would tell Tony where her tat was and she was happy for him to keep guessing.
It was when Kate and Tony where going through what parts of the body they have recovered when Tony once again asked about her tattoo. She could of hit him but stopped when.
“ Its not a rose” came a voice behind hem. They all turned around to see Gibbs at his desk.
Tony and Abby looked at her in surprise and confusion.
“ He doesn’t know” she quickly said. They still looked at her.
“ He’s lying. Just like he did with the digitalis “ she tried again to convince them that he hasn’t seen it when in fact he had.
“ Tell them” she pleads turning to Gibbs. He didn’t say anything.
“ Gibbs!” she tried again but nothing. It was no use. She went to her desk and grabbed her things.
“ I’ll see you all tomorrow” she said walking towards the elevator.
She is now at home sitting of her couch watching a re-run of Friends. Her head was still back at the office.
‘ I could kill him” she thought to herself.
‘ So much for secret’. Just then she was startled by her ringing phone. She checked the caller ID ‘Gibb’ she didn’t want to answer it. She threw the phone next to her. He wasn’t going away so she decided it will be best to answer it.
“ What do you want?” she answered.
“ Oh come on, you can’t be pissed at me forever” he said.
“ Yes I can. Don’t bother coming over tonight” she said about to hang up.
“ Well that’s to bad Kate. Check your front door”. She got up and walked over to the door, phone still to her ear. She opened the door and standing there was Gibbs. He gave a little smile and hung up his phone. She did the same.
‘ I love you and hate you so much right now’ she thought to herself as she tried to stop the grin appearing on her face. She walked back inside and he followed her closing the door behind him.
“ Gibbs you cant show up here without checking with me first” she said turning around to face him.
“ I was going to but I already knew the answer” he said with a smile.
“ Then why did you?”
“ Because I wanted to apologise for what I said in front of Tony and Abby. Especially Tony” he said walking closer to her. She didn’t look at him.
“ Kate” . She looked up at him.
“ Sorry is not enough” she said. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her.
“ How about now” he asked softly.
“ Not quiet” she whispered with a smile. He kissed her again.
“ Now?”
“ Mmm” she replies with a smile. She cant help. She wants to be mad at him but he used his charm and now all she wants to do is take him to bed.
‘ What a marvellous idea’ she thought to herself. She took his hand and slowly pulled him to the bedroom. He could tell by the look on her face what she wanted and he wanted it as much as she did. He followed her into the room and closed the door behind him.
-the rest is up to you-

***if you would like me to do some more of season 1 and start season 2 let me know and I will be happy to***