- Text Size +
“Hey,” he said but didn’t walk any closer.

“Hi,” Gibbs said without turning. Tony stood there waiting.

“I don’t have a disease, Tony,” Gibbs said. Tony walked over and sat next to him.

“Were the clues easy?” Gibbs asked.

“Yeah, what was that all about?” Tony asked as he moved closer.

“Tony, I love you, you know that, right?” Gibbs said as he looked into Tony’s eyes.

“Of course I know that,” Tony said, forgetting about yesterday’s feelings.

“You know that I never want to hurt you?” Gibbs asked.

“Yes, I know,” Tony said.

“Will you always love me?” Gibbs asked as he laced his fingers with Tony’s.

“Yes, I will always love you Jethro... How could I not?” Tony said as he felt a strong feeling of love run through his veins.

“Tony, I will always love you and whatever suspicions you had forget them because I will always be here for you, nothing will tear us apart,” Gibbs said.

“Jethro, I...” Tony cut himself short when Gibbs stood up. Tony stood and looked at him.

“Tony, I know we’ve only been seeing each other for a short time,” Gibbs said as he held Tony’s hands.

“4 months, 16 days and about 12 hours,” Tony chimed happily. Gibbs smiled.

“Ok, well, I know we have only been seeing each other for 4 months, 16 days and 12 hours but...” he stopped and took a breath.

“But...” Tony said as he looked into his lover’s eyes. Gibbs mobile rang and he ignored it.

“Phone,” Tony stated. Gibbs shook his head. The ringing stopped and he prepared to continue.

“Tony, I love you...” Gibbs stopped at the sound of his phone again. He ripped it out of his pocket and flipped it open.

“Gibbs,” he said in a pissed off tone.

“I’ll be back,” Gibbs whispered to Tony then walked out of the room. Tony stood there with disappointment plastered across his face. He couldn’t wait for what Gibbs had to say to him. A few minutes later Gibbs walked back in with a saddened and horrifed look on his face.

“Jethro, what’s wrong” Tony asked in an alarmed voice.

“I’m sorry Tony,” Gibbs said as he brushed Tony’s cheek with his fingertips.

“Why, what’s wrong?” Tony asked as he held Gibbs hands tightly.

“I have to go to Massachusetts on an assignment,” Gibbs said. Tony’s face fell and he didn’t know what to do or think.

“How long?” he asked. Gibbs sighed.

“A week, Tony I’m so sorry,” Gibbs apologised. Tony tried to smile a little but he couldn’t make it happen.

“It’s ok,” he said weakly. Gibbs pulled him close and held him tightly.

“When do you have to leave?” Tony asked sadly.

“In an hour,” Gibbs said as he kissed Tony’s forehead.

“I’m sorry; this was supposed to be a perfect birthday for you,” Gibbs said in a pained voice.

“It’s ok,” Tony lied.

“No its not,” Gibbs said as he held Tony closer. Tony pulled away from Gibbs.

“You better get packed,” he said as he walked for the bedroom. Gibbs knew that Tony was hurt, but he also knew that if he didn’t do this Tony might be worse off.

“Tony,” Gibbs said as he walked into the bedroom to see Tony packing his bag for him.

“You don’t want to be late,” Tony said as he packed more clothes. Gibbs felt frustrated with himself for letting Tony, his lover, his best friend, get upset like this.

“Tony stop,” Gibbs said as he grabbed Tony’s arm.

“You’ll be late,” Tony said as he tried to get out of the older man’s grip.

“Tony, stop, you’re upset,” Gibbs said. Tony stopped struggling and Gibbs wrapped his arms around him.