- Text Size +
Tony’s phone rang and he quickly flipped it open, knowing he didn’t have to look at caller ID.

“How long have you been off the flight?” he asked feverishly. There was a small chuckle on the other end of the line.

“Just got into my room,” Gibbs said. Tony imagined the smile Gibbs was wearing on the other end of the line. Ziva and McGee looked up at Tony who was smiling widely. Tony glanced at each of them before trotting off to the elevator.

“I miss you,” Tony said as the doors slid open and he hoped in.

“I miss you too,” Gibbs said. Tony reached ground floor and walked around aimlessly.

“You ok?” Gibbs asked.

“Yeah,” Tony said, although part of him wasn’t ok.

“So, got any cases?” Gibbs asked, trying to make conversation.

“Nope, not yet,” Tony said.

“Tony...” Tony cut Gibbs off.

“Can I ask you something?’ he asked.

“Sure, anything,” Gibbs said.

“Why is Ziva staying with me tonight?” Tony asked, silence was on the other end of the line for a moment.

“I didn’t know she was,” Gibbs said in a normal voice.

“Why is Abby worried about me?” Tony questioned.

“I don’t know why, she shouldn’t be,” Gibbs replied.

“Why did McGee set camera’s up around my apartment?” Tony said, his voice hinting agitation.

“Ahh, well, I asked him too,” Gibbs said, only the slightest touch of embarrassment caressed his voice.

“Why?” Tony asked, thinking of some petty reasons.

“I can’t really say,” Gibbs said, although his heart wanted to tell Tony everything.

“Why not?” Tony asked. Gibbs groaned into the line and Tony could imagine him getting the frustrated look on his face that Tony loved.

“Ok, listen, you have to understand that you’re not supposed to know, Vance was planning on telling you if the time came,” Gibbs said.

“If the time came?” Tony questioned.

“There are people who knew Ari Haswari, not well, but well enough, we think that they are planning an attack, starting with my agents,” Gibbs said. Tony’s heart skipped a beat.

XXX..flashback...XXX
He looked to see Kate lying on the ground and his head screamed NO! He ran to her with Gibbs. Gibbs rolled her over and unzipped her jacket. He was filled with relief that she was, like always, wearing a bullet proof vest. They pulled her up as a smile spread across his face and Gibbs’. Kate let a grin appear and the mood seemed somewhat lightened.
It happened so fast. Barely a noise, so sudden, no warning, a warm liquid sprayed across his face. Next came the silently deafening thud of Kate falling to the ground. He looked down to see a pool of crimson surrounding her.

XXX...end flashback...XXX

“Tony, you ok?” Gibbs asked, a little concerned.

“Yeah, fine,” Tony said, still trying to shake off the flashback.

“You can’t tell anyone I told you, god, not even my agents are allowed to know, who thought of that stupid rule!” Gibbs fumed.

“So you’re telling me that someone wants to kill me?” Tony asked.

“Yes,” Gibbs said, his voice tainted with hurt.

“I’ve had people try to kill me before, I never get hurt, much,” Tony said. Gibbs didn’t respond.

“Jethro, you are worrying about people trying to kill me when it’s happened before and will happen again, as long as I am working at NCIS it will continue to happen,” Tony said and he knew it was the truth which scared him just a little but knowing Gibbs would never let anything happen to him.

“Tony, I’ve got to go,” Gibbs said urgently.

“Oh, ok, I love you,” Tony said, just a little disappointed.

“I love you too,” Gibbs said before snapping his phone shut. Tony closed his phone and headed back up to his desk.
Chapter End Notes:
So... I've been thinking I think I'm ready to start finishing up the story.... Around chapter 20 or something like that... So I am willing to take suggestions and try my hardest to fit them into the story... I will give you credit for the suggestions...