- Text Size +
“Opening it,” Tony said as he slid his finger under the sealed section and ripped it open. He pulled out two tickets and scanned them.

“Oh my god, Jethro are you serious!” he yelled excitedly.

“Yeah, I am Tony,” Gibbs replied with a smile though the line.

“Ha ha Hawaii here we come,” Tony smiled widely.

“Wait, what’s in Hawaii?” Tony asked, still immensely excited.

“You’ll find out when we get there,” Gibbs said happily.

“Ok, I can’t wait,” Tony said, still excited about this surprise.

“Well, I better go,” Gibbs said, although he wanted to stay.

“Ok, I love you,” Tony said before making a kissing noise.

“I love you too,” Gibbs said with a chuckle before hanging up. Tony closed his phone and headed back to the living room, a wide grin plastered on his face.

“I’ll sleep on the couch Tony,” Ziva said as she came up behind him. Tony turned around to face her.

“Ok, are you sure?” he asked.

“Yes, night,” Ziva said as she fixed herself up on the couch.

“Night,” Tony said before he turned and left for his room. He got into bed and settled in, wishing he could cuddle up to Gibbs.

When Tony opened his eyes he heard the shower running. He got up and ate what was left of the cereal then waited for Ziva to finish in the bathroom.

“Good morning,” she said as she walked into the kitchen.
“Morning,” he said before going into the bathroom and taking a shower then getting dressed for work. When he was ready he walked into the living room.

“Ready to go?” he asked Ziva.

“Yep,” she replied before they left and headed for NCIS. When they arrived they headed straight up to the bullpen. Tony seated himself at his desk and looked to McGee’s desk to see no McGee.

“Yes...I know... No! Listen you can’t...” McGee said with a tone of anger into his phone before snapping it shut.

“You’re late,” Tony said as he tapped his watch.

“Ahh, yeah, sorry,” McGee said as he seated himself.

It’s gonna be a long day.

Tony groaned in his mind. He looked around aimlessly when his eyes fell on Abby trotting happily towards him.

“Heyya Tony,” she said in her cheery voice.

“Hey Abby,” he said.

“Did you get it?” she whispered in his ear.

“I think so,” Tony said, not sure if he was entirely sure what it was but pretty sure he knew.

“Good, bye” Abby said as she departed.

The day passed quicker than Tony expected, maybe because most of the day he was annoying Ziva and McGee by throwing pieces of paper at them in creative ways. By 6.30 they were all bored and decided to head home. Ziva stayed with Tony again and it was pretty much like déjà vu except this time Tony didn’t get a surprise. Gibbs rung him and they stayed on the phone for quite some time.

The days passed and Tony was pleased when Thursday afternoon came around and he headed home. McGee was staying with him tonight but went home to get his things first. Tony toddled into his apartment and did his daily wave to the camera in the corner of the roof. He through his jacket onto the back of the couch and walked into the kitchen to cheek the fridge supply. He shrugged and assumed he had what he needed then shut the fridge.

His phone rang and he knew it would be Gibbs. He happily ran to the living room and grabbed his phone.

“Hi,” he said as he seated himself on the couch.

“Hey Tony, what are you doing?” Gibbs asked.

“Just sitting on the couch answering your question,” Tony replied with a cheeky tone.

“Well you better get off your butt, get your keys and come pick me up,” Gibbs said happily.

“Your home!” Tony yelled into the phone excitedly as he jumped up.

“Yep,” Gibbs said.

“See you in 10,” Tony said before closing his phone and racing to his car. He jumped in and started his drive to the airport. His phone started ringing and he reached into his pocket.

“Hello,” he said while trying to keep his tone to a normal level instead of a hype of excitement which would probably send him into fits of happiness.

“Hey Tony, I might be a while, I’ve got a flat,” McGee spoke into the line.

“Don’t worry about it, Gibbs is home, I’m on my way to pick him up,” Tony said and the excitement began bubbling from his voice with every word about Gibbs.

“Ok, that’s great, see ya Tony,” McGee said.

“Yeah, see ya Probie,” he said before flipping his phone shut and pulling into the parking lot. He ran from his car into the terminal and looked around, anxious to see the face he wanted to see.

As he did his 3rd sweep of the terminal Tony spotted those gleaming blue eyes and smile. He weaved his way through crowds of people and finally burst through a group of teens to see his beloved standing there looking around and when he saw Tony Gibbs’ smiled became bigger.
Tony ran up to Gibbs and threw himself onto him and hugged him tightly, not letting go, like he had imagined it would be.

“I missed you, I missed this,” Gibbs whispered the words into Tony’s ear.

“I miss you too and I miss this as well,” Tony whispered back. Gibbs pulled away from the hug and replaced it by kissing Tony gently before pulling back and smiling at him.

“Let’s go home,” Gibbs smiled. Tony nodded in feverish agreement and they headed home.