- Text Size +
They had been at the resort for 6 days now. The evening was washing over Kekaha, sun fading into the horizon, water sparkling, and sky golden. Gibbs and Tony were walking along the beach again. Hand in hand their smiles as wide as they could possibly could be. They stopped and sat down on the warm sand. Words didn’t have to be said between them and they both liked the silence. Gibbs stood up soon to be followed by Tony.

“Wait here,” Gibbs order before running off.

“Where are you going?” Tony yelled after him.

“Just wait there!” Gibbs yelled before disappearing into some trees. Tony sat back down and smiled to himself. A few minutes later he saw Gibbs reappear.

“Where did you go?” Tony asked as he stood up and took a few steps to close the gap between them.

“Just over there,” Gibbs said as he pointed to the trees. Tony rolled his eyes in a playful manner.

“Tony, how ready for commitment are you?” Gibbs asked as he took Tony’s hands into a firm embrace.

“Well I’ve been in this relationship for a while so I’d say I’m already committed,” he answered as he smiled lovingly.

“Alright, if that’s the way you feel,” Gibbs said. The next few moments seemed to play in slow motion for Tony.

Gibbs knelt down on one knee, still holding Tony’s hands firmly. He took a breath before continuing. Tony thought he was dreaming.

“Tony, I love you so much, there are so many ways to express my love, I want to be with you forever,” Gibbs paused to take another breath.

This is what Abby was talking about. Tony though in realization, suddenly he everything clicked, it all fitted together like a jigsaw.

“Anthony DiNozzo... Will you marry me?”

Tony looked down at Gibbs.

Anthony DiNozzo...Will you... Marry... Me? the words rolled in his mind. He smiled as the reality of it hit him like a bucket of water. Gibbs wanted to marry him.

Gibbs stood up looking a little concerned. Had he crossed the line, gone too far? Should he have waited longer or was Tony just thinking it over?

“Yes!” Tony exclaimed before launching himself onto Gibbs and kissing him. This was one of those moments when they both wanted to freeze time and capture it in their minds, carve it in so it would never be forgotten.

They pulled away from their kiss gasping for air. They stood there looking into each other’s eyes.

“Yaaaay!”

Before they knew it they had been bowled onto the sand.

“Abby?” Tony said with a surprised look on his face.

“You two are going to be perfect,” she said before giving them both a hug. She stood back up and waited for them to return to a vertical position. When Tony looked ahead of him he saw 4 all but too familiar figures walking towards them.

“Wait, Jethro, did you invite everyone?” Tony asked. Gibbs didn’t answer, he didn’t get a chance.

“Congratulations to the both of you,” Ducky said as he gave them both a hug.

“Tony’s getting married,” Ziva said as she hugged him.

“Congrats,” McGee said as did Jimmy. They all sat down and started talking and laughing.

“So, have you thought of a wedding date?” Abby asked enthusiastically.

“Abbs we only just got engaged... That sounds kind of odd... Anyway... We have plenty of time to think about it,” Tony said as he smiled at Gibbs.

“Sorry, just excited,” she said. She looked up and down the beach before squinting slightly and cocking her head to one side. As she stood up everybody followed her gaze.

“James? Kahmal?” she yelled.

“Abby?” they yelled back. She smiled before running to them and giving them a hug. Abby walked back to the other with the two men.

“James, Kahmal, this is Tony and Gibbs,” she introduced. They gave a small chuckle.

“We know, we met them about a week ago, gave them a lift to the resort,” Kahmal said still slightly chuckling.

“Oh, well that’s good, guess what,” Abby said to them.

“Your nun’s won again?” James guessed.

“Yes, but apart from that,” she said.

“I don’t know, what?” James said as he moved closer to Kahmal.

“Tony and Gibbs got engaged,” she said as if she were a proud mother bragging.

“That’s great, congratulations,” Kahmal said.

“Yeah, congratulations,” James said.

“How about you guys stay for a while,” Abby suggested.

“If that’s ok,” they said.

“Sure is,” Gibbs said before sitting down. Tony sitting right next to him, making sure their knees touched and their hands in a tight grip with one another. Kahmal and James sat down with Abby and the conversations started again.

As the night grew on and the moon got higher in the sky, lighting the beach, everyone became tired but didn’t want to go back to the resort. Tony laid his head on Gibbs’ shoulder inhaling his scent. Tony was slightly taken back when James laid his head in Kahmal’s lap. Tony closed his eyes slightly, thinking he would open them right away but he didn’t.

“Come on, let’s go back,” Gibbs whispered in his ear. He nodded slightly before standing up and wrapping himself around Gibbs.

“Night everyone,” Gibbs said before they headed back to the resort. Tony slid into his pj’s and straight into bed. Gibbs was quick behind him and was holding Tony who fell asleep instantaneously as his head hit the pillow. Gibbs lay awake for a few minutes before slipping into a peaceful sleep.

1 week later

“Welcome back,” Ziva greeted Tony and Gibbs as they walked into the bullpen.

“Only checking up, not back yet,” Gibbs said as he walked to his desk. Tony sat at his desk and looked around before slouching in his chair. Gibbs looked over to Tony, his face became worried.

“You sick?” he asked as he walked over and knelt near Tony.

“Probably just a bit of jet-lag,” Tony said before giving a small smile. Gibbs gave a concerned nod before going back to his desk. After he checked his emails Gibbs got up and walked over to Tony who had his head on the desk.

“Let’s go home,” he whispered in his ear.

“Ok,” Tony said in a small voice.
Chapter End Notes:
Yet another chapter.... Should I have done what I did or did it ruin it? Was it too soon? tell me what you think? Thanks for all the support...