- Text Size +
He looked up to see Abby and the others walking towards him.

“Gibbs,” Abby said as she sat next to him.

“I don’t know Abbs,” he said as she hugged him. Everybody sat there in silence. The time passed by, worried glances and comforting smiles were passed around the group.

“Mr Gibbs,” Doctor Sanz said. Gibbs stood up immediately.

“We have done all we can for now, because there is no known antidote for Tetrodotoxin poisoning it will be difficult, we currently have him on life support and under sedation,” the doctor informed Gibbs. He blinked away the tears.

“I’m sorry but he has little chance,” the doctor said as he looked apologetically at Gibbs.

“You can see him,” he said before leaving. Gibbs walked back to the others.

“No,” Abby gasped before hugging Gibbs tightly.

“I’m going to see him,” Gibbs said quietly as he walked off. When he walked into Tony’s room he let the tears fill his eyes. Seeing Tony hooked to the machines almost killed Gibbs.

“God, what have I done, this is my fault,” Gibbs said to the unresponsive Tony. He sat there holding Tony’s hand and talking to him.

“Gibbs,” Abby whispered from the door.

“Yeah,” he said as he turned to face her.

“You’ve been in here for 2 hours, let’s go home,” she said as she looked at him with sorrow in her eyes.

“No, I’ll stay,” he said as he turned back to Tony.

“Gibbs, there isn’t anything you can do for him right now, how about you get some rest,” she said as she walked over to him. Gibbs sat there staring at Tony, he didn’t want to leave. What if something happened? What if he couldn’t get back in time? He mentally kicked himself for thinking like that. Nothing was going to happen to him, at least he hoped not. Gibbs stood up and found a way around all the needles, cords and tubes to kiss Tony on the forehead.

“I love you,” he whispered in Tony’s ear. He wanted so desperately to see Tony smile and say the words right back to him. Gibbs turned and left and it hurt him to walk away from Tony.

“He’ll be ok,” Abby told Gibbs as they walked down the corridor. Gibbs nodded; he knew he’d be ok. He drove home and refused to let anybody stay with him. He walked in the front door and threw his keys on the side table. He went straight into the bedroom and got into bed. He didn’t bother changing out of his clothes. He lay there for some 20 minutes trying to sleep but couldn’t.

He groaned when he remembered that he’d finished his boat and given it to Mike Franks. He walked into the kitchen and pulled out the bottle of bourbon that sat on the top of the cupboard. He poured himself a glass before going into the living room and sitting on the couch, slowly sipping at his drink. After another two drinks he drifted to sleep on the couch.

The days passed by and the situation was the same every night and day. Gibbs would stay at the hospital with an unresponsive Tony for hours on end. When he went home, after been told by somebody, he would sit on the couch and drink bourbon then fall asleep. He counted the days that Tony was in hospital. One, two, three, four, five.
_____________
Tony could feel pain in his muscles, stiff from the hard bed and not been able to turn because he’d been out of it and all the cords, needles and tubes. He was aware he was like a pin cushion. When he slowly opened his eyes he knew he was in hospital. Suddenly he started to panic, there was something down his throat, he felt trapped, and he wanted it out. Soon enough the doctor was in his room removing the tube from his throat. When he looked around he saw that Gibbs wasn’t in the room.

“Tony, how do you feel” the doctor asked.

“Sore, stiff, thirsty,”” Tony said hoarsely.

“Ok, do you feel nauseated?” the doc questioned.

“No,” he replied simply.

“No numbness or headaches?”

“Nope,” Tony said.

“Ok, you seem to have had luck on your side,” the doctor commented before leaving. A nurse came back in with a glass of water. Tony began guzzling it down only for the nurse to pull it away from him.

“You will make yourself sick it you drink like that,” she smiled.

“Sorry,” Tony said before looking towards the door.

“He hasn’t come in yet, would you like me to call him?” the nurse asked.

“No, it’s ok,” Tony said the disappointment obvious in his eyes.

“Ok, if you need anything just press the buzzer, I’m right outside,” she said before she left. Tony lay there in silence before pressing the buzzer. The nurse walked back in.

“Can I sit up nurse?” he asked. She smiled slightly.

“Course you can, and call me Cassie,” she said as she propped Tony up.

“Ok... Cassie, do you think you could ring Jethro for me?” he asked her.

“Sure,” she smiled before leaving. A few minutes later she came back in.

“He’s on his way,” she said as she walked through the door.

“Thank you,” Tony said. Tony and Cassie started to talk; they were getting along really well. Their feelings for each other weren’t going to turn them into lovers, but more like a brother and sister. Half an hour later Gibbs walked through the door.

“Tony, thank god you’re ok,” Gibbs said as he rushed to his side and kissed his cheek. As Gibbs fused and kissed Tony, apologising for everything, Cassie got up and left without a word.

Gibbs phoned the others and told them that Tony was going to be fine. After another week in hospital Tony was ready to be discharged.

“And sign here then you’re all done,” Cassie said as Tony stood at the reception desk and signed away.

“Done, now you’re free to go home,” she said as she smiled at Tony.

“Thanks Cassie, for everything,” Tony said as he took Gibbs hand and they left. When they got back to Gibbs’ place Abby’s hearse was parked out the front. As soon as the door opened Abby could be heard coming up the hallway.

“Tony, Tony, Tony, your home, I knew you’d be home soon,” she said finally coming to a stop in front of him. She hugged him gently as she smiled.

“Well, I’ll leave you two too it,” she said before leaving. Tony turned to Gibbs and smiled.

“I love you, did I already mention that?” he said, a cheeky grin appearing on his face.

“Yeah, I love you too,” Gibbs replied before kissing Tony tenderly.
Chapter End Notes:
It's 3.50 in the morning and I am sitting up writing.... I had a dream about Gibbs and the team and decided I'd type it up... I'll post it soon, I'll have to check it again first... Hope you all enjoy this, sorry if there is any spelling mistakes and what not, been awake at this hour does nothing for me....