- Text Size +
“Let’s save it for tonight,” Gibbs said as he pulled away from Tony.

“But Jack will be here,” Tony said.

“I know, but I’m still working,” Gibbs said as they walked into the living room.

“Fine, tonight it is,” Tony said as he sat on the couch.

“I better get back, I love you,” Gibbs said as he kissed Tony.

“I love you too,” Tony said before Gibbs walked out the door. He sat there staring at the black television.

I need something to do. Tony thought to himself as he stood up and walked around the house looking for something to keep him occupied. He walked back into the living room and flicked the TV on. As he changed channels an ad caught his eye.

“These children need your support, so why not donate now,” the advertisement woman said. A picture of a little Indian girl appeared on the screen, she only look about 4. Another picture appeared on the screen, this time a baby only 8 months old.

“Rani and her baby brother Kaushal need your help,” the woman said as their pictures reappeared. Tony zoned out and sat staring at the pictures. He heard the number the woman read out.

“No,” Tony said in a small voice. He turned the TV off and walked out of the living room and into the bathroom where he splashed water over his face. Looking into the mirror he couldn’t help but think about those children. A few hours passed and Tony found himself sitting back on the couch staring at the TV again.

“Hey, you ok?” Gibbs’ voice came from the door way.

“Huh, oh yeah, I’m fine,” Tony said, partly true, partly a lie.

“There’s something wrong,” Gibbs said as he sat down with Tony.

“I... I just saw... Never mind,” he said. How could he tell Gibbs how he felt about those two children? They weren’t even married yet why was he thinking about children?

“You saw what?” Gibbs asked as he rubbed Tony’s knee.

“It doesn’t matter,” Tony said as he put his hand on Gibbs’ hand.

“Tony, babe, please tell me what’s upsetting you,” Gibbs said as he put his arm around Tony’s shoulder.

“There’s nothing wrong, I’m not upset,” Tony said as he leant into Gibbs’ hold.

“You’re lying,” Gibbs pressed.

“No I’m not, just leave it, please, just stop,” Tony said as he got up and walked out the back.

Gibbs sat there knowing that Tony was not “ok” like he said he was.

Gibbs walked out the back to see Tony sitting on the lawn. He walked over and sat next to him.

“Look, I’m sorry for nagging like that, I was just worried,” Gibbs said as he took Tony’s hand.

“I know, I’m sorry I snapped,” Tony apologised. After a while Gibbs went back to NCIS and Tony went back and sat on the couch.

“Tony,” Jackson said from the door way. When Tony looked at his watch he noticed he’d been sitting there for another few hours.

“Hey, Jack,” Tony said as he stood up and walked over to him.
“I’m going to stay with someone else tonight,” he said.

“Oh,” Tony said as he wondered who.

“Well, Tim, Abby and Ziva are taking me with them to one of Tim’s book convention things, then we are going bowling with Nuns,” Jackson explained.

“Ok, so when are you going?” Tony asked.

“At 5... Well about now,” he said as he looked at his watch.

“Oh, ok, have fun,” Tony said as Jackson left. Only a few moments later and Gibbs walked back through the door.

“Hey you,” he said as he walked past the living room door where Tony was still standing and into the kitchen.

“Hey,” Tony said as he followed him.

“Just us tonight,” Gibbs said as he turned to Tony.

“Yeah,” Tony said; his mind somewhere in another universe. Gibbs didn’t bother pressing knowing it would only make Tony snap again. Six o’clock rolled around and had Tony and Gibbs eating dinner. By 7 they had washed up and were on the couch watching TV.

“I think I’m gonna go to bed,” Tony said as he kissed Gibbs before heading off without giving Gibbs a chance to say anything. Gibbs shook his head and got up following Tony into the bedroom.

“You ok?” he asked again.

“Just tired,” Tony lied. Gibbs got changed and hopped into bed with Tony.

“I hate seeing you upset or hurt, please tell me what’s wrong, maybe I can help?” Gibbs said as he pulled Tony closer.

“I...” Tony couldn’t get it out.

“I’m ready for it, it can’t be that bad,” Gibbs said as he kissed Tony’s cheek.

“It’s bad, I bet you’d get mad,” Tony said as he sighed.

“Ok, bet you 5 dollars I don’t,” Gibbs said as he smiled.

“Fine” Tony said softly.

“Now, spit it out,” Gibbs said a little more sternly. Tony thought to himself for a moment... What’s the worst that can happen?

“I was watching TV and I saw this ad came on about these little Indian children, Rani’s 4 and Kaushal’s 8 months old, I think their mother died from disease and their father doesn’t want them,” Tony said as he waited for a reaction from Gibbs.

“So you feel sorry for them, a lot of people do,” Gibbs said, even he felt sorry for them.

“I want to help them,” Tony said as he cringed at the silence that came afterwards.

“Why now? You never wanted kids, did you?” Gibbs asked.

“Maybe I’ve changed with this whole commitment thing, maybe I want kids,” Tony said as he sat up.

“Tony we aren’t even married yet,” Gibbs said calmly.

“Jethro, she’s four, he’s 8 months, how can I just leave them like that?” Tony said as he started getting flustered.

“Tony, let’s just get some sleep and talk about it in the morning,” Gibbs suggested.

“Fine,” Tony sniffed. They fell asleep holding each other again. When Tony woke he found Gibbs wasn’t in bed. As he walked down the hall he heard voices. He stopped just before the kitchen and listened.

“So let me get this straight, Tony wants to adopt two little Indian kids,” McGee said.

“At least I think he does,” Gibbs said in a voice which was filled with confusion.

“Maybe it would be a good thing Gibbs,” Abby said as she paced the room.

“We aren’t even married,” Gibbs pointed out, obviously. Tony walked into the kitchen and everybody went silent.

“Morning everyone,” Tony said as he tried to look like he hadn’t been eavesdropping.